bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 6, 10 12:05 AM
When Samantha’s quest to follow the trail of Cortez is interrupted by the manipulative M’Alice, she embarks on a journey to reclaim the Emerald of Judgment. With the help of Dr. Butler and Adam, the archaeologist and adventurer soon discovers that the rare artifact she possesses may be the key to unlocking the Fountain of Youth! Travel the globe in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate, a fun Hidden Object game.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by bansama on Aug 6, 10 12:15 AM
I was just thinking about the Samantha Swift games this morning. Had no idea there was a new one. So this was a very nice surprise. Needless to say, I think this is one game I will most certainly get (as long as the demo works)!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 6, 10 12:22 AM
Yes me too, I know they are becoming very similar, but it is a collectable series for me and is not at a collectors price

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Aug 6, 10 12:30 AM
Never tried one of these games, but perhaps I will. Starting with the earliest one... I'm weird like that.

But to be honest, I'm starting to get really tired of this influx of Hidden Object games...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 6, 10 12:39 AM
I loved the first SS Roses of Athena, and it was I think my first interactive "adventure type" game with inventory etc. So fun I replayed many times.

The next one Golden Touch" seemed more difficult, maybe more tiny objects, took me a lot longer and wasn't as much fun, don't know why.

The third one had to have a patch, glitchy, frozen puzzles, so did buy the rebuild. It had so many dark monochromatic areas, very hard to find things like the swallows. So, for me on a small monitor or laptop it was a struggle to get to the end.

OK I'll try this new Fountains of Fate on the laptop, if hard to see I'll give it a second go on old pc, still a 15" flat panel but games look larger on its res. I hope so that I love it like the first one. Can't say the 2,3 were too difficult for me, just too difficult to see objects and use too many hints, even needed a walkthrough on some. I guess the difficulty levels do grow as more players are becoming expert, OR have huge monitors. That's next on my wish list.

If you haven't played SS 1, Athena, and are an average casual player, start there.

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 12:42:39 AM PST

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Aug 6, 10 1:09 AM
But to be honest, I'm starting to get really tired of this influx of Hidden Object games...

You're not the only one. I myself like hidden object games, but I rarely buy them these days. I still have a few I haven't finished, but this is one series that I have really enjoyed and will make an exception for. I loved the first one, the second one wasn't so great (I didn't actually complete it until the second time I played it a year or so after I bought it). The third one really shined for me. I found the additions it bought to the game were great and, I guess I was lucky, I didn't experience any bugs or problems with it.

I'm hoping this one won't be a repeat of number 2 (i.e., not being as good as other entries) but I'll be buying it either way as the demo worked on my PC =)

It also does seem to offer up yet another new game mechanic which is nice...

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Aug 6, 10 2:20 AM
I am actually a fan of the Samantha Swift series but have always had problems with them. The third one had too many glitches and froze so many times even when I got the rebuild. I eventually requested a refund on it. I will download this one while I cross my fingers for a glitch free game. Happy gaming to all

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 6, 10 3:27 AM
I posted comments on the other thread now that I played the hour. Looks like a good one, just takes a bit to adjust my eyes but the images on the scanner really help rather than using that one and only hint on first round. Then, in no time the bolts seem to jump out at me. So far the swifts are easier to see so hope the bright scenes continue. I think I called the swallows before, Swifts for family name oops, same thing aren't they? I'm more into hint bolts than birds for now. Playable on my 15" laptop but have to squint to see the small stuff sometimes so that's a plus. I feel this is going to be better than the last Atlantis one in the snow.

Wish this hadn't come out just now, makes 8 now on my buy list. So which ones will I wait for, which to spend my 2 free coupons on? And waiting for 2 sequels to be released I want when BF gets them. Ohhhh the pain of decisions after the joys of shopping Who said not enough good games anymore? I got a budget here ya know, and more money to spend than time to play all.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 6, 10 4:05 AM
puzzledone wrote: and more money to spend than time to play all.

Gee,I wish I had that problem!
Dr.good

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 7, 10 1:48 PM
doctorgood wrote:
puzzledone wrote: and more money to spend than time to play all.

Gee,I wish I had that problem!
Dr.good

More money, read that two free coupons and a game credit LOL. Spent the dollars in July and still not caught up playing the 12. Probably go for SS with a code and finish it by October LOL.

Go to: