bfgFlounder
11,814 Posts

Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 6, 10 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 4:13:45 PM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 6, 10 6:56 AM
Is anyone else having problems with access violation on this game? I've bought it straight off without trying it and find now I can't play it.

supra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by supra on Aug 6, 10 7:46 AM
I am also getting the access violation error and am unable to play the game. This seems to be happening quite frequently lately.

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Aug 6, 10 7:56 AM
I'm getting the access violation thing too.

kaliausten
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kaliausten on Aug 6, 10 8:55 AM
i am also getting the access violation.very frustrating

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Aug 6, 10 9:06 AM
I looked at the "help" page and turned off my windows firewall, my directX is the newest version. My game card works fine for most games, but I have been getting this "violation access" thing on some games. My computer is only three years old; game card should support these games. Very frustrated with this error. If anyone has a "fix", I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Aug 6, 10 9:25 AM
I am having the same problem error message. This is not good love to try the
game. Put dont know fix for it.

[Post New]by alexbfg2002 on Aug 6, 10 9:36 AM
There is a point in the game with the diamond fang, where one of them just disappeared and now cannot continue in the game.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 6, 10 9:36 AM
I am too. The first time I got it, I rebooted the computer and that seemed to do the trick but I just tried playing the game again and I got the viopation message. I shouldn't have to reboot the computer everytime I want to play it. My windows updated itself the other day. It did this with another game but I can't remember which game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 6, 10 9:42 AM
Hello Fishies!

Thank you for letting us know about the Access Violation error. I've been in contact with Tech Support and we will be looking into this. Thanks for your patience during this process!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by judithvh on Aug 6, 10 9:58 AM
I have the same problem. I can't get past the scene with the teeth.

[Post New]by tickledpinkfish on Aug 6, 10 10:16 AM
Have just downloaded the trial version as I like these style of games and enjoyed doing the beta version but it won't let me play! It seems as though when I installed the trial version it carried on using the game settings from the beta version. When I click on the play button it just takes me to the end screen of the beta version which thanks you for completing the survey, then, when I quit, the game crashes with an lua error.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Have found the answer! Just play under a new profile and all was well!

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 2:15:01 PM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 6, 10 10:32 AM
Thanks ArnoStyx

Should we contact CS ourselves or wait until you get back to us?

Looks like I have no excuse to not mop my kitchen floor!! lol

I just updated Windows the other day. And right now I don't have an anti-virus on because my trial period ended yesterday. I got fully licensed program in yesterdays mail I'm going to install that now.

Thanks!

janspack
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 6, 10 10:39 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello Fishies!

Thank you for letting us know about the Access Violation error. I've been in contact with Tech Support and we will be looking into this. Thanks for your patience during this process!

-bfgArnoStyx

So glad it's not just me. I agree - this has happened a few too many times recently.

Hope that Tech Support can help us all out soon.

Jan

janspack
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 6, 10 10:50 AM
Don't know if Tech Support have done their thing but i just tried downloading the game for the umpteenth time and now I can play.

Thanks guys if it was your doing.

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Aug 6, 10 10:58 AM
Downloaded the free trial, but only get a black screen (can see the cursor tho'). Stayed on the black screen for several minutes, but nothing happened. This seems to happen a lot whenever I try to play a new BFG game - I seem to have better luck downloading things after they've had time to fix reported problems.

hagenme
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hagenme on Aug 6, 10 12:35 PM
When I get a Access Violation, I try downloading on the different internet connection. For example if I download in IE and get the violation. I download in Mozilla. It seems to help with the access violation.

Ellen

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Aug 6, 10 12:44 PM
Was fine until I purchased it--now my screen is small and won't resize. I changed game to full screen and changed my comp properties--no go.

Tried two other games and they are full screen.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

[Post New]by nicnums on Aug 6, 10 1:20 PM
i have just wasted a game credit on this and i am also getting the error message whats going to happen once you have fixed the problem as i have already used my credit ??

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 6, 10 1:43 PM
Am also getting error violation. Love the SS games and did not have trouble til this one. Not happy.

Go to: