AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Does the purchase of a Strategy Guide count on the Game Coupon?

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 6, 10 1:30 AM
Not being familiar with the SS series, I'd want to purchase the SG, so I can learn about finding all the little extras. Without it or a walkthrough of some kind, it would seem impossible to earn many of the awards the game offers. So... do we get a credit on the game coupon for making this purchase?

Many thanks,

AnnieO

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Does the purchase of a Strategy Guide count on the Game Coupon?

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 6, 10 1:39 AM
yes it does count but if you wait a bit a blog walkthru is usually posted soon after the game

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 6, 10 2:51 AM
I just checked the other review site where I find most walkthroughs but they don't have it yet either. Probably BF will have one by tomorrow or next. Sometimes I like SGs for a nudge or guidance, or if I've gotten lost wandering without a map. WTs may have too much spoilers where everything is, but they are free.

Yes, you pay or use a credit and it is a punch I'm pretty sure. I bought mine for DGrove and RTR (before BF had walkthroughs). I've bought 3 CEs mainly to get them integrated without leaving my game for WT.

I just got a little "lost" on this demo at first with just the one hint until I started spotting some lightening bolts. Couldn't seem to find blue cursor or sparkled to use inventory but finally figured it out and got to the 4th scene when hour was up.

This one, like the last SS goes right into the game after the video and you play as Samantha unless you back out first with Menu, player name, and Options to change music or screen etc. Otherwise if you start playing you can't change your name or lose progress when you go back. Not very clear what to do to start.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 6, 10 4:42 AM
Thanks to all. I think I will wait a bit to see if a walkthrough is put up, either here at BF or on another site we all know so well - before I buy the SG. I'm going to give the demo a try sometime today though, just to see how I do on my own.

Thanks again for the info and the heads up about how the game starts.

AnnieO

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 6, 10 7:12 AM
I did the Blog Walkthrough for Big Fish Games. It was turned in last night, and is scheduled to be posted some time today. It has the Swifts and Lightning Bolts marked for each scene, along with the Key Items and inventory task instructions.

Robin

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 7:12:25 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 6, 10 9:38 AM
THANK YOU, Robin. Really need the walkthru. Hope they put it up soon.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 6, 10 12:31 PM
It's up now:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/samantha-swift-and-the-fountains-of-fate-walkthrough/

Robin

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 6, 10 12:44 PM
WALK THROUGH

IS HERE

THANKS ROBIN as usual you are right on it!!

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Aug 6, 10 8:40 PM
Thanks Robin

[Post New]by chrissy0531 on Aug 8, 10 6:50 AM
could you please tell me how to use the strategy guide? is it suppose to be on at the same time as the game? im lost

[Post New]by myangeleyes61 on Sep 16, 10 7:10 AM
I am stuck in the get the water from King solomon and put it into the empty cupid recepticle. The game took my cupid and won't let me get a tool to do the last step. To the left upper part of the waterfall is a map just above the gold bat. does anyone know the secreat? I bought the strategy guide but can not access this one thing. HELP

Go to: