Help for level 17

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Help for level 17

[Post New]by jyork on Nov 7, 08 7:03 AM
First, you need to build your market, hire a defender and a scholar. Upgrade your market. As soon as you have money and wood build a farm and start recruiting merchants.

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Nov 8, 08 3:47 AM
I get All the things in level 14 except I cant get the level off the food stores up enough before the end

Edited on 11/08/2008 at 3:47:57 AM PST

sara1968
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by sara1968 on Nov 8, 08 6:15 AM
craskehouse wrote:I get All the things in level 14 except I cant get the level off the food stores up enough before the end

Hi craskehouse!

Do you build your farm by the pond. The pond increases the food storage a bit. Do you upgrade your farm. If not you need to upgrade one farm at least twice. I also built a 2nd farm. Also put your scouters at the farm they work one food unit.

sara1968
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Help for level 17

[Post New]by sara1968 on Nov 8, 08 6:17 AM
Isovolta wrote:For already two days I'm trying to pass this 17 level without any chance!
Pls. let me know what's the best order to do things and up grades to avoid problems with the last task, coming a little bit too late!

Hi! Welcome to the Forums!

Did Jvork's advice help you out? If not let us know so we can give you some more tips.

A_M_Y
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by A_M_Y on Nov 8, 08 6:58 AM
Once u buy the market u have no more gold for the defender or scholar

azpennylo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by azpennylo on Nov 8, 08 7:03 AM
More tips please for level 17. I can't seem to get past this either.
Thanks,
Penny

[Post New]by ElennaH on Nov 8, 08 7:53 AM
I've gotten pretty far, but still haven't beaten it yet.

Here is what I've been doing. I will try the tips from Sara next time I try:

Use Worker to buy Market.
Once complete, sell wood until you can buy a Scout.
Use the Scout to harvest the wood on the far right of the screen.
When you get enough wood, sell it at the market so you can buy 1 Defender and 1 Scholar. Don't oversell, you'll need the wood for upgrades!
Upgrade the Market. With the free space, hire Merchants to fill in.
Build a Farm.
Hire 1 Defender and fill it will Merchants. Save 1 spot for your Scholar (as Sara said above, you'll need to upgrade one farm to 4 stars so you can hire Cultivators).
As resources permits, build 1 more Farm and 1 Mine. Put 1 Defender on each. Fill Farm with remaining merchants (you only need 10 for the level). Put Scouts on the mine.

Hope this helps! I have not beaten the level yet, but I hope to soon!

A_M_Y
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by A_M_Y on Nov 8, 08 11:01 AM
it worked tyvm sara

jennyjenq
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by jennyjenq on Nov 8, 08 3:45 PM
Hey I just wanted to drop in to thank you guys. I've been trying to get past level 17 for the past couple of nights, and your tips really helped! You guys rock!

[Post New]by ElennaH on Nov 8, 08 9:20 PM
Woooo thank you Sara, I completed it!

For those wanting to know, here is what I did (spoiler alert!):

- Immediately build a Mine
- Hire 1 Defender and 2 Scouts
- Buy both of the Nomad-owned Mills
- After you've purchased the mills, send your two scouts to start collecting the wood.
- Hire 1 Defender, 1 Worker, and 2 Merchants for each of the Mills (so a total of 2 Defenders, 2 Workers, and 4 Workers)
- When you have the money, build your Market. If you still have your Defender from your Mill, you can move him there.
- Hire 2 scholars for your Market.
- Upgrade your Market to 3 stars, hiring more Scholars for your empty slots (you'll have a total of 4 when you're done).
- When your Market is upgraded, move two of your scholars to a mill and move two scholars to open ground (untasked).
- From your Mills, move four Merchants to the Markets (where you just moved the Scholars from) and place Workers in the Mills. Mix in a few Merchants if you still need to get to 10.
- Upgrade a Mill to 4 Stars, placing those untasked Scholars in the open spots to help with the upgrade.
- If you need wood, you should have plenty of gold - buy the wood from the Market.
- Hire some Cultivators to replace some workers on the farm (you can sell the Workers). I believe I needed 4-5 to reach the 75 food needed.

Punkilla
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Punkilla on Nov 9, 08 10:47 AM
I finished with a yellow flag. ._.
Didn't know that was possible.
Thank you ElennaH! Really helped me.

[Post New]by Clairmccollough on Nov 9, 08 4:03 PM
Thank you , thank you sara1968. I followed your instructions to the letter and got a yellow flag first time .
So heres 1 very grateful person . Thank you again your an angel .
Clair.

[Post New]by hotrodbabe_84 on Nov 10, 08 3:08 AM
Thank you guys for the great tips on passing this level. I finally passed it after being stuck on it for ages. I normally find that if I leave the game for awhile and then come back to it I seem to be able to pass whatever I was stuck on - this was just not the case with this level. But once again thanks for the great tips This really is such a awesome game - I hope they bring out more.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 12, 08 12:39 AM
To Elenna - your advice was dead on thanks. I was having trouble understanding some of the other methods posted on this site about that level. Yours was perfect.

Nickkie460
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Nickkie460 on Nov 14, 08 9:07 PM
WOO HOO! I BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I build a mine first and had 1 worker, 1 defender, 1 merchant and 1 scout. Then I brought both the nomad farms and started putting the merchants to work there. Then I build the lumber mill( I do demolish the mine). I fill the farms with merchants and 2 scholars or 3. Then I buy my Market-by this time I would have 4 stars on one farm and I will also get 1 or 2 cultivators. I move the scholars to the market. From this point you should be good to go. I did get aleast 5 cultivators so that I will satisfy the 75 food request at the same time I am upgrading my market. Keep the 10 merchants and the rest were cultivators.

Thank you all. It took me 11 mins and 23 seconds and 2 tries after reading this forum.

[Post New]by Izzy_19 on Nov 21, 08 10:06 AM
Thanks a ton for that great walk through
Even with all your detailed info it took me the whole night to do it!
Love this game but the time limit is a real PAIN!!!

Go to: