connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

crank

[Post New]by connies32 on Aug 7, 10 4:44 AM
why wont the crank stay in the hole in the well?

Re:crank

[Post New]by yorkshiregirl on Aug 7, 10 4:54 AM
put the crank above the hole and it should sparkle and thats the place where you put the crank, ok ? yorkshire lass

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 7, 10 4:58 AM
The crank doesn't go into the hole right away. You have to wait until you do the second half of of that scene

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 7, 10 6:58 AM
Woofie53 wrote:The crank doesn't go into the hole right away. You have to wait until you do the second half of of that scene

As Woofie53 says, in this game you can't do any tasks with the items in your inventory tray until you've collected ALL of the white items on the Find List for that scene.

Once the empty cursor turns to gears when you put it on the spot where you want to use an inventory object, then you'll be allowed to use something there, but not before.

Good luck!
Robin

connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by connies32 on Aug 7, 10 11:19 AM
Thanks for the help, After I realized how to do the crank, I really felt like a fool. Now I'm doing great, but it is time to pepare supper and maybe a glass of wine to celebrate.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 7, 10 1:48 PM
Don't feel bad! Different games have different gameplay. This is just one of the ones that makes you collect everything off the Find List before you use the inventory items in the scene. No way to know that until you try it.

Robin

pac132b
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pac132b on Aug 8, 10 11:18 AM
tried every suggestion posted and did collect everything except the hook (in blue print) . I am assuming once you pull up the basket from the well, that the hook will be in it. However, nothing is working and now am about to forget about this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 8, 10 1:47 PM
If you have everything except the Hook, move the empty cursor over the bar across the top of the well and note where it turns into gears. That's where you need to put the crank. It should be by the end closest to you.

Now click on the Crank in your inventory, and it will attach to the cursor.
PUt the cursor back in the area where it turned to gears before. When the cursor turns blue, you're in the right spot.

Click and the Crank will attach to the end of the bar across the top of the Well.
Click again to turn the Crank and the Hook will rise up out of the Well so you can collect it.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: