justbecaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Ok yes Im a tm game junkie but this is another disappointment! ! ! !!

[Post New]by justbecaz on Aug 8, 10 12:55 AM
I absolutely love tm games and am a loyal BF gamer. But, please do not insult my intelligence with these substandard tm games. I never complain. I can play any gam, ****. strategy, sim, etc. But, please stop rushing substandard tm games to market. I still play Burger Bustle, even with all of its problems. Give me something that holds my interest and not something that is not worth spending a game credit on. Please.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Ok yes Im a tm game junkie but this is another disappointment! ! ! !!

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 8, 10 1:18 AM
So: what's wrong with this game?

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 8, 10 1:31 AM
Looks beautiful, and the first farm game I've played that lets me choose my gender. It'd be nice if the game would let me customize my character (hair, skin, eye color).

I also can't get the drag & click function to work when planting and harvesting. So I'm not sure if I'll buy this game.

I've played 4 minutes of the Trial and am already frustrated.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 1:32:58 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 8, 10 1:43 AM
Fransje66 wrote:So: what's wrong with this game?

Hi Fran, I hope you enjoy this TM game

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 8, 10 1:47 AM
The controls are a bit cumbersome but i could overlook that if it wasn't for those crows. They spoil the whole game for me - I am not interested in practicing my target shooting skills in a farm game.
A shame because otherwise the game had potential to be entertainng.

[Post New]by xander32839 on Aug 8, 10 2:22 AM
It appears to be a cute game (to me). I enjoyed the trial and I'm waiting to hear from others how long the game lasts - it looks like it may be short. I didn't see a freeplay/sandbox mode, which would have been nice.

Has anyone played the full game yet? How long is it? It appears to be a linear progression through the neighboring towns and there isn't much room on the map for very many, so it may be quite short. I'm tempted to buy, but I'll wait until there are more reviews.

Switching between tools and/or employees is cumbersome and there is no way to set an employee to continue a specific task. The buildings only produce products when you click on them - if the truck arrives before you get there, the plants are gone and you have to grow more. Timing is critical for producing in the buildings. Movement on the screen would be easier if it scrolled automatically. Also, it would be nice if the tutorial wasn't quite so intrusive. I only caught a couple errors with grammar.

All in all, I like this game. The negative points are irritating, but not enough to bash the game over them. Maybe some of these issues will be fixed in future versions.

To those of you bothered by shooting the crows: you don't have to shoot them. It's simply a way to "level up" faster. I worked the crops until I needed a break from them, then scrolled around and shot crows for a while - it was a nice break.

Big Fish Games: PLEASE more Time Management and Strategy games. I enjoy HOGs, but there are very few worthy ones (IMHO).

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Aug 8, 10 5:08 AM
I'm a TMer.. game is lame... FB game.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Ok yes Im a tm game junkie but this is another disappointment! ! ! !!

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 8, 10 5:52 AM
justbecaz wrote:I absolutely love tm games and am a loyal BF gamer. But, please do not insult my intelligence with these substandard tm games. I never complain. I can play any gam, ****. strategy, sim, etc. But, please stop rushing substandard tm games to market. I still play Burger Bustle, even with all of its problems. Give me something that holds my interest and not something that is not worth spending a game credit on. Please.

I am also a TM game lover but this one is just not for me either. I'm still playing Hotdog Hotshot. lol I did really like Burger Bustle but it just had too many problems with it. We've been waiting a very long time for a good TM game and they are so rare anymore.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 8, 10 6:02 AM
This game has potential but falls way short of the mark. I'll pass on this on.

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 8, 10 6:04 AM
Reading your reviews on this game I'm not even downloading. Not that I really enjoy time management games anyway. I don't like to work that hard in a game. A game should be relaxing and fun to play. I should not have to do all the work.

[Post New]by bubaboo on Aug 8, 10 6:22 AM
Taking the comments on board I too like others will avoid downloading this game which i find really disappointing I've been waiting for ages for a tm game but all there ever seems to be is hidden object games which i'm sure are good but my days of eye spy are long over.

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Aug 8, 10 7:08 AM

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 11:18:57 AM PST

debby369
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by debby369 on Aug 8, 10 7:10 AM
I'm still going to try this game. The fact that the people complaining are the people who like Burger Bustle and Hotdog Hotshot (two games I wouldn't even finish the demo on), I'll probably enjoy it. I am REALLY sorry you don't like the game, and since I am FED UP with HOGs, I understand your frustration. But you must understand, BFG made a promise for a game a day. If the producers of game companies make HOGs, then that is what you will see on their web page. They are but the store, the producers are the ones you need to be complaining to. (and people wonder why we get DOS emulators and keep around 15 year old PCs to play games worth a snot)

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Aug 8, 10 9:30 AM
(removed my comment as it was more of a review, so moved it to the right discussion)

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 9:31:31 AM PST

[Post New]by sideshow101 on Aug 8, 10 3:50 PM
this game is ok but how do you move your buildings? anyone figure that out? the crows is very annoying and do you need 4 buildings for your four chars for them to work fast? i'm confused with this game.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 9, 10 12:07 AM
Decided to give this game another try.

I'm getting the hang of the drag & click function. But it made me buy a helper I don't need. Then I decided to plant the potatoes it made me buy, but I couldn't harvest them all. Since I filled all available space with potatoes, and still needed to plant tomatoes to advance in the game, that meant I was stuck and had to start over.

This game is too linear and won't let me do what I want. I won't buy it and won't finish the 49 minutes I have left of my Trial.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Aug 9, 10 1:51 AM
I actually like the game - although it's not a 'Time' Management game - rather a management game or a strategy game. Once I had gotten the hang of the click and drag interface, it was quite straightforward.

As for those of you who don't like shooting crows: you don't really have to. Yes, you won't unlock all the achievements this way, but you gain experience from a lot of other things, so you don't really need the crows to advance.

I don't think you can move the buildings, so better plan ahead. You can sell them, though, and thus make space for other things.

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Aug 9, 10 4:55 AM
Agreed that this isn't a typical tm game. It is more relaxing. If you accidently plant too much of something, wait a little bit for the truck to load up and clear out your silo, or upgrade the silo. If you need tomatoes for a goal but plant potatoes instead, you still get paid for the potatoes when the truck loads up-you just don't move to the next town as fast.

Timing is really only important for two things - making sure you harvest before the plants wilt once they are "ripe" (other helpers are good for this) - and in harvesting items for production (if the truck is about to arrive, try to finish up production of items you've got stored, don't harvest more - the plants don't go bad so fast that you can't hold off truck loading time usually - just as soon as you see the conveyor going back into the building, start harvest/producing cycle again). But you can take as long as you want to finish the town "goals".

Because the towns don't seem to ever come to you and go "hey, I want my foods, you're taking too long so there's a penalty" you can keep farming foods they don't need until you make enough money for whatever building/upgrade/level you want.

The controls are a little clunky for changing tools and minions, but it was easy enough to get used to for me. If you double click on one of the character icons you get a job queue for that minion and you can cancel jobs that are queued, I used that a number of times when I accidently had the wrong person doing too much.

To me this wasn't the "rush until you feel your arm is gonna fall off from all the fast movement" type of tm game - and frankly I have no idea how y'all play some of em they get so stupid fast by about halfway through.

Replayability for me will likely be "meh". There isn't a separate sandbox mode, but once you finish the town goals you can keep playing for more money, achievements, etc. but there aren't any sort of goals or anything - just farm/build/produce at will. The game took me about 5-6 hours start to finish, but I wasn't in a huge hurry. I'm probably going to replay it a couple times, but I like the more casual style of this one.

[Post New]by walleyqueen on Aug 9, 10 11:38 AM
agree !! boring

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 9, 10 1:30 PM
CROWS OPTIONAL - Haven't download the game but have been reading the threads In the "Comments and reviews" a number of players mention that you don't have to bother with the crows if you don't want to. You'll miss out on some experience points but players most would rather skip those pesky birds. Don't know if this will make enough of a difference but want to pass it on.

Go to: