please help someone it just flashing

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:It wont play for me

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 8, 10 1:56 AM
Hi ivybac
You will need to give more information about your problem- such as error messages or exactly what is happening when you try to play the game.

You can contact customer support via the green envelope bottom right screen and search help database for ideas such as updating your graphics card driver, direct x etc.

[Post New]by ivybac on Aug 8, 10 2:17 AM
it said violation at 0x004d5f9a tried to write to 0x02e1f250

[Post New]by ivybac on Aug 8, 10 2:19 AM
whatever that means

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 8, 10 2:29 AM
Ivy I had that with the DD. I waited a few seconds and tried to get in the game and it let me in.

[Post New]by ivybac on Aug 8, 10 2:35 AM
still wont let me in

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 8, 10 3:17 AM
I got the same error when I exited. Not sure if I like the game enough to go through the hassle of trying to fix it.

Tchrcook
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tchrcook on Aug 8, 10 4:06 AM
Won't play for me either. Looks like heiroglyphics all scrambled up when I try to open it, and does nothing else.

[Post New]by voltin on Aug 8, 10 5:49 AM
I am playing on Vista, and the trial won't work for me.
The game does not give me any error messages, but it never gets to a loading/game screen. When I click on the game, my screen starts flashing between the Windows desktop and a black screen. These flashes happen more or less once or twice per second. Like I said, the process never gets to the actual game.

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Aug 8, 10 6:11 AM
Same problem here - flashing screen in Vista. I wait and wait for new TM games, and it really frustrates me when they FINALLY offer one and it doesn't work properly! I wish BF would get off of the HOG trip and bring us more TM games!

[Post New]by EileenB1 on Aug 8, 10 6:48 AM
I agree with ZoeCan. TM games are far and few between and they all seem like they have technical issues that should have been ironed out before release. The game won't play for me either, no error messages, just flashes and never opens up.

[Post New]by bomberella on Aug 8, 10 6:57 AM
Same problem here. Trying to run it on a Vista machine and all it does is refresh the screen over and over. Perhaps there's something wrong in the way it tries to adjust my screen settings. I'll try some other settings and see if that helps. In the meantime, it will be impossible to try (let alone buy) this game until this bug is fixed.

Re:It wont play for me - WORKAROUND

[Post New]by bomberella on Aug 8, 10 7:01 AM
Changing my monitor settings to 1024x768 worked for me. The game started right up.

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on Aug 8, 10 7:45 AM
I had an issue after progressing to the 4th city. (I think it was 4th) Where the tutorial popped up to tell me what I could buy next, and check my trophies, etc... and the windows wouldn't close out, and block the farm screen. The game auto saves with the pop-ups so I can't even log out of it, and back in, because they're still there. I'd rather not start all over and burn up the remainder of the hour trying to get back to that point to see if it does it again. Anyone else see something like this?

[Post New]by necole1 on Aug 8, 10 11:33 AM
Same thing for me, keeps flashing between the two screens. Never starts, no error message.

[Post New]by Hippietwiggy on Aug 8, 10 12:59 PM
Same thing is happening to me too and I agree with you all. Big Fish need to add more TM games but get them right before we pay money to play them! Now I have to wait to go through to CS to get this resolved and a refund issued. So frustrating! Mine was just flashing between the desktop and the game and then kept coming up with the 'not responding' message. However, strangely was able to play the hour demo!

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 12:59:48 PM PST

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Aug 8, 10 2:44 PM
I agree with every post in this forum. The program just kept flashing up and down. I, too want more TM games. I am so sick of Hidden objects games. I feel like I have wasted too much money on them.

[Post New]by nikkivoldemort05 on Aug 8, 10 3:30 PM
I am running Windows 7, and also have the ridiculous issue of flashing instead of ACTUALLY going into the game! I want more TM games, and I want them to work. Really, how do they expect to make money, when the TM lovers are missing out. How many HOG games can ppl play? They get a new one every day! Surely only super ppl with no careers/family to take care of can ACTUALLY finish a HOG in one day.

*grumbles*

I would like to try changing my screen settings, as someone said it worked for them, anyone know how I can do that?
ETA - NEVER MIND. I found out how to change res... and it didn't help me.

ETA - My game also loses time even though I am not going to get to play it LOL.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 3:34:58 PM PST

[Post New]by shadothrower on Aug 9, 10 4:38 AM
I got the same flashing screen, albeit with a kind of colorful test pattern look initially, and I am running XP not Vista. Too bad since a TM or actually any game other than HOGS with the occasional Match 3 thrown in is such a rare occurance here.

Go to: