bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Country Harvest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 8, 10 9:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Country Harvest technical issues here only

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Aug 8, 10 6:35 PM
When the game initiates I get a "test pattern" screen with smeared colors. Then it fixes its self and when I get into the game proper I can't see the patches i've plowed nor the seeds i'm sowing.

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Aug 8, 10 6:36 PM
I tried to uninstall and reistall, same thing happened again.

I run windows XP, newer Dell comp, all updated drivers and cards.

[Post New]by shadothrower on Aug 9, 10 4:32 AM
OriannaMarie wrote:When the game initiates I get a "test pattern" screen with smeared colors. Then it fixes its self and when I get into the game proper I can't see the patches i've plowed nor the seeds i'm sowing.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to play, except I never did get in. After the test pattern smeared color screen, my computer screen just flashed on and off for a good while then I was thanked for playing and told I had 50 minutes left. I guess its a no go game for me.

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Aug 9, 10 5:06 AM
My issue is very different from the others I've seen shown. Perhaps because I've already finished it and am going through the crow shooting achievements - I had no issues on the first couple, but on the 100 crows in 95 seconds, as soon as I click the gun icon to start the minigame the screen goes to a slideshow mode and I can't move without some serious time-delay. Since you also can't seem to get to the menu or anything, and there are no graphics options in settings, I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this so I can get the achievement completed.

System is a reasonably fast gaming rig (designed for MMO gaming) with a ATI 5770 graphics card and 4gb of RAM which should be more than enough for this game. I frequently deal with far more effects going onscreen that this, but perhaps it's something in how it's rendering that many crows suddenly freaks it out? The OS is Win7 64-bit, I can try this in other compatibility modes if needed, but the reset of the game seems to play just fine, just this one subgame is glitchy and unsolveable in its current state.

[Post New]by beckslouise on Aug 9, 10 9:03 AM
Not happy

I was using my 1 hour free trial of the game and going really well. Then the game cut out when my hour was up. Annoying but not unexpected.

As I was enjoying it I used 1 of my Game Club Credits to buy the game.

When the game reloaded, my crops were all there and ready to continue, but the van which collects, takes and sells crops, isnt to be seen; and its timer is not loading properly, e.g. instead of 0:30 for when there are 30 seconds left... it currently shows 0:0 and a blank gap.

This means that as my silo is full and none can be sold, the remaining crops withered and no further money or achievements can be met.

How will this problem be resolved? Restart or refund?!

[Post New]by lhagel on Aug 9, 10 9:10 AM
i hired the employee and gave her jobs but she does not do them she just kind of freezes and does nothing so my crops all die. She worked for a short time but then just froze

[Post New]by imschmarte on Aug 9, 10 10:30 AM
I just installed it, and I clicked on the 'play game', it started flashing on and off quickly, went dark, I could hear music, and kept flashing the dark screen. Had to shut off computer. Tried again, same thing. Had to uninstall. Shame, was looking forward to a new 'farm' game.

[Post New]by annienoo on Aug 9, 10 10:33 AM
I had the same issue as shadothrower and imschmmarte, after the test screen looking window the application wouldn't stay open - it just kept minimising and maximising at rapid speeds and I couldn't even access anything else on my computer. Had to open my task manager and time my clicks just right to close the game down.

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Aug 9, 10 12:59 PM
annienoo wrote:I had the same issue as shadothrower and imschmmarte, after the test screen looking window the application wouldn't stay open - it just kept minimising and maximising at rapid speeds and I couldn't even access anything else on my computer. Had to open my task manager and time my clicks just right to close the game down.

Me, too, Annie, but although I could hear music, the game didn't appear on the Windows task manager, so I couldn't "End Task." Instead, I rebooted to close the game and gave it another shot... no luck. I don't have the patience to fuss with this. I uninstalled it and won't attempt to investigate the "why." I have enough games that work just fine on my Windows XP Dell system, thank you very much! Don't the game people test for this sort of stuff... doesn't BFG test them???

OredO
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by OredO on Aug 9, 10 1:45 PM
Won't load at all. I get "Display Change Failed. The specified mode is not supported by this device." I'm running Vista.

nayski
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nayski on Aug 9, 10 2:40 PM
I had dialog windows pop up and refuse to close while playing the game. Windows like Sell for 10. It just froze on the screen not allowing to close it. I closed the game back to the main screen but when I reloaded the floating window was stuck there. The only way I could get rid of it was to actually quit the whole game and the re-run the game. This happened to me twice during my 1 hour free trial. So I can't imagine wanting to buy it and have that happen all the time.

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Aug 9, 10 5:27 PM
lhagel wrote:i hired the employee and gave her jobs but she does not do them she just kind of freezes and does nothing so my crops all die. She worked for a short time but then just froze

isn't that typical of employees? Are you paying her minimum wage? Maybe she needs a raise?

[Post New]by Bohnak on Aug 9, 10 8:10 PM
OriannaMarie wrote:When the game initiates I get a "test pattern" screen with smeared colors. Then it fixes its self and when I get into the game proper I can't see the patches i've plowed nor the seeds i'm sowing.

[Post New]by aksewinman on Aug 9, 10 11:37 PM
I am getting the exact same error as below. I have tried every resolution I have and it does not change the error. I am running Windows XP on a Dell computer. All drivers are up to date.

OredO wrote:Won't load at all. I get "Display Change Failed. The specified mode is not supported by this device." I'm running Vista.

[Post New]by glennyP on Aug 10, 10 3:01 AM
I was using my 1 hour free trial of the game and going really well. Then the game cut out when my hour was up. Annoying but not unexpected.

As I was enjoying it I used 1 of my Game Club Credits to buy the game.

When the game reloaded, my crops were all there and ready to continue, but the van which collects, takes and sells crops, isnt to be seen; and its timer is not loading properly, e.g. instead of 0:30 for when there are 30 seconds left... it currently shows 0:0 and a blank gap.

what probably happened here beckslouise, is that the game was closed down due to the time limit at the exact same time it was saving. This could have interrupted the saving process. Starting a new game should not see the issue again.

Kind of a freak glitch but sux nonetheless

teej0895
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by teej0895 on Aug 10, 10 11:44 AM
I'm having problems while playing as well.

Sometimes, after I save the game and come back to it later, I do not get any timer for the delivery truck to come and collect my crops/items out of storage. It simply says "0.0" in the top right, but no truck every comes. So, once my storage is full I can't get any farther.

I started a new game. Exited it out just fine (like I'd done before) and about the second time I loaded it it did the same thing. I now have two games started and cannot finish either of them.

Suggestions?

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 11:45:45 AM PST

[Post New]by jereandbana on Aug 10, 10 11:49 AM
I am having problems moving around the game screen.

[Post New]by maxterminus on Aug 11, 10 9:58 AM
The game attempts to start, get a black window which disappears, then a Windows error like "The specified mode is not supported by this device." A while later the sound begins to play with no display. Task Manager shows no applications running, 2 "Country Harvest" processes. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 11, 10 11:38 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about the screen flash issue. We will be looking into it and will post any updates or announcements in this thread.

It would be very helpful if you could write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. This report gives our reps an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

To do this, first download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact support, click on the green envelope to the right, then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page for the web form. To submit the form, click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 9:54:35 AM PST

Go to: