Color of Murder

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

Color of Murder

[Post New]by SSmitty on Nov 7, 08 7:54 AM
Anyone been brave enough to try this one yet? I downloaded the demo from gameboomers this morning, but haven't tried it yet.

Re:Color of Murder

[Post New]by purplehaze32117 on Nov 7, 08 7:57 AM
i just bought it and im stuck already

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Nov 7, 08 7:58 AM
Download this big file last night .first into then saw error .to driver ,then second time in worked.it will pay for itself for sure it is big and hard.

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 7, 08 8:01 AM
i plaid Time stand still, was impossible to figure out what to do without walkthrough, ruined my appetite for carol ried games. not buying this one for sure.

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Nov 7, 08 8:09 AM
I checked and didn't find the walkthrough for it, I wanted to read and have some idea what I was in for.

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Nov 7, 08 8:51 AM
Ghost:
Just went over and played a little of the demo, looks to me like you are very, very correct about being hard. I sort of wanted to say "Which way do I go?" and then what when I get there.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Nov 7, 08 10:40 AM
I probably will finish this at xmas as I am addited here so badly,do we have a fishhab here I need some 3D help to get back to what they call the real world.At least lying on side in bed trying to type is making underarm thinner not the two cushions on bottom.hahahahah So lazy with this retirement .must get on playing a game ,(WHERES THE FISHHA hahahaha

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 1:55 PM
pufftrade wrote:I love love love the Carol Reed games. The graphics are beautiful, the stories are interesting, and all the characters are really interesting.

This new game has built in hints which is extra double plus good. I'm stuck at the moment, but it's a fun place to be lost.

I can't seem to find my way out of the theater. I have found everything I need to find and there doesn't seem to be an exit. HALP!

I love them too- I'm a little late off the blocks- downloading now.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Nov 7, 08 2:02 PM
I've tried a couple of these large file adventure games, and while I think they're very good, I find it too frustrating because I can't get very far without using a walkthrough. I don't mind using it once in a while, but when I need to use it constantly, I find the game has defeated me rather than me defeating the game, which just blows the whole purpose of playing the game for me.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 7, 08 2:04 PM
lorgran wrote:i plaid Time stand still, was impossible to figure out what to do without walkthrough, ruined my appetite for carol ried games. not buying this one for sure.

Same here. If I didn't have to spend all of my time clicking on EVERYTHING it would be fun. Naw, not for me.

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by dussgemma on Nov 7, 08 3:08 PM
If this is like Redrum, and i mean just freaky, not for me.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 3:13 PM
dussgemma wrote:If this is like Redrum, and i mean just freaky, not for me.

Nothing like Redrum- that's a hidden object.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Nov 7, 08 4:02 PM
craskehouse wrote:Had a look on Gameboomers for the demo but couldnt find it

It is there, I downloaded demo earlier today. Not sure if I like it yet.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 4:33 PM
They have really made this more user friendly. There is a tutorial in the beginning that shows you how to move and interact with objects. Carol now has a notebook that tells you what needs to be done and an icon pops up when a new location is added to the map. I'm enjoying it so far.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 4:35 PM
pufftrade wrote:I love love love the Carol Reed games. The graphics are beautiful, the stories are interesting, and all the characters are really interesting.

This new game has built in hints which is extra double plus good. I'm stuck at the moment, but it's a fun place to be lost.

I can't seem to find my way out of the theater. I have found everything I need to find and there doesn't seem to be an exit. HALP!

Hi puff trade- welcome to the forums. When you come down the stairs, go out into the center of the room and turn around. The exit door is to the left.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Nov 7, 08 6:25 PM
[b] I think I was the first to say anything about this game. I was stuck at the start, but by just sweeping across the screen, I found places where the cursor turned into a magnifying glass, and then you just go from there, and be sure to click where the cursor turns into a hand. I have made it as far as the inside of the Theater Prop making factory. Beware when you get there, there are passages that seem to change as you go through them....going back the way you came, doesn't always work that way. Right now, I can't get out, there is no exit to this factory, which tells me I am not finished there yet. There is a key to a double red door I need to find..although I do have a key in my inventory, it doesn't work on this lock. Plus, there is a coded lock on a door, and somewhere there is the code, but I have yet to find it. I'll give you one hint to solve one of the mini puzzles....there is brown wood wall cabinet, which unlocks by clicking on three squares which contain a symbol. Put those three symbols in their correct order, and you win. The answer in is the reflection of a mirror, behind a man taking a photo.
Good luck. This is going to be a good one

[Post New]by pufftrade on Nov 7, 08 10:01 PM
HIghlandMax
I've got both keys, but I can't figure out the code for the door. I've checked the walkthroughs and they say I've finished all I need to. Hrm.

I'm frustrated, but still love the game.

prpldva which stairs?

Edited on 11/07/2008 at 10:07:58 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 10:08 PM
pufftrade wrote:I've got both keys, but I can't figure out the code for the door.

I'm frustrated, but still love the game.

prpldva which stairs?

The straight ones. Come down them, walk forward once and turn around. Theres a door on the left. Move your cursor until you see an arrow pointing NW

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Nov 8, 08 1:41 AM
SSmitty wrote:
by craskehouse on November 7, 11:04 AM
Had a look on Gameboomers for the demo but couldnt find it

Click the top part of the homepage, where it says new adventure games, go from there.

I finally found the walkthrough also.

Thankyou,off to have another look!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 4:58 AM
pufftrade wrote:THANK YOU!!!

I love these games so much.

I spent a summer in Sweden over 20 years ago and these games bring back some lovely memories. I like to take my time and avoid hints when possible, but DAMN that door was elusive.

You're very welcome!

I was also in Sweden, but more like 30 years ago- visiting relatives in Sockholm, Goteborg and Moheda

Go to: