bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Dash 4-Ever

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 10, 10 1:10 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Wedding Dash 4-Ever? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Dash 4-Ever

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 10, 10 1:21 AM
Wedding Dash 4, although basically the same format as it's 3 predecessors- has some different touches added that do make the game play a bit different and interesting.

There are 2 modes of play. Normal and Firecracker. I chose Normal and easily scored way above Expert scores on the first 8 levels, so seasoned Wedding Dashers might like to start on firecracker. Those new to the game Normal is ideal.

Flo does the serving as usual and now carries trays of food - rather than 2 plates at a time. The tray starts at 2 serves and can be upgraded- I got up to 6 serves per tray after level 8- makes a big difference to your chaining and thus bonus scores.
Quinn collects the presents and deals with the Wedding disasters.

There are 2 interesting mini games in between levels. A congo line- where you have to join as many guests in a row to the line before reaching the Bride and Groom. That is quite fun. The other is a seating in the church arangement - where you have to seat a certain number of guests according to their preferences, who they like to sit next to, Bride or Grooms side - or they might specify a type of chair. The minigames are untimed so you can plan your strategy- you get bonus money for upgrades depending on success.

Another change- is Creating Quinn's Wedding ceremony- which you do by earning gifts from her clients. This is achieved by finding certain lost items during their own wedding reception- that part was quite easy.

There are high scores- but no individual medals to play for - that would have been a nice addition.

I enjoyed it- though the pace seemed slow to start, I am sure there are challenges ahead- and of course there is always Firecracker mode.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 1:37:54 AM PST

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Aug 10, 10 1:34 AM
I was looking forward to this game coming out. I loved Wedding Dash 1 & 2.

I HATE this game. The drawings are terrible. The guests don't even get to sit down.
the band is gone. The game about planning the wedding and picking what the bride and groom want is gone.

Instead I have to try and find the world's smallest freaking BS things that I can't see. If this is what PlayFirst is putting out now, I will never buy another one of their games.

If you like this, then fine. I am mad about it. As I said, I was a huge fan of 1 &2. This sucks'

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 10, 10 1:44 AM
I agree the searching for those items is not much fun- but they were quite easy to find the first levels anyway and my eyesight is poor. In fact you can see them when you do the upgrades which is silly so you know where they are before the level even starts. If that was to appeal to hidden object folks - it is a big fail there.
I miss the online medal challenges most of all.

I think the game having the 2 modes can please the old and new. I have not tried the firecracker- I am assuming it will be more of a challenge.

I was glad they did make some changes and not just dish up same old.

vitomojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by vitomojo on Aug 10, 10 1:56 AM
It's the same idea as the first three with some extra mini games and a few other subtle changes. I really miss PLANNING the wedding. In the others you got to select, based on the couples requirements, the food, cake, honeymoon etc. and now that part is completely gone. I missed it.

The general gameplay became a little frustrating for me. Instead of dishes you carry around trays of food with several servings and you can carry two at a time (apps and entrees, for instance). I got confused as to what I was carrying and would run around like an idiot with the wrong tray in my hand, a problem I never had with the individual dishes. Maybe I am just tired, LOL.

I also didn't like removing the guests to the dance floor. If I am not mistaken, in the first three they moved themselves once they were done eating.

All in all the game is true to the series but, for me, the changes they made were a hindrance to my gameplay. I won't be buying it.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 2:00:38 AM PST

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Aug 10, 10 5:05 AM
Oh man, I'd totally forgotten the "clues" about what the bride & groom might like for their wedding & then picking the items you thought best matched in the first games. Yes, I loved that part. THAT is what's missing. Thank you for reminding me. I felt vaguely unfulfilled & could not figure out why.

I bought this without demo-ing, I was so happy to see it this morning. I love these games, even when they irritate me. hahaha

I'm only in the Treehouse stage, so I have not played the entire game but it looks to be quite long. And even in "Normal" mode it ramps up pretty quickly, but I do love my games hectic.

I'm just bummed about the hidden object stuff at the beginning of every wedding. No, they're not difficult to find but I don't want to stare at my computer screen. Plus, they're boring & by the time I find everything, the first guests are getting grumpy (because if I don't find them all at the very start, I forget to look & don't get "the gift").

All in all, though, I love this series & there is enough newness to this to make it interesting, to me. A humongous TM lover.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 5:06:31 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Aug 10, 10 7:05 AM
Well, I have played this game for a total of 15 minutes before I was totally bored. I have been dying for a good TM game & I'm a huge fan of WD but this one is a total disappointment. All of the really cute characters from the first games have disappeared & been replaced by generic wedding guests. As one person said, the band is gone & now you have the cumbersome task of dragging characters to the dance floor instead of them going automatically. A lot of the challenge of arranging guests seems to be gone as is the party favors/champagne to keep people happy. Very unhappy with the hidden objects--must every game be a HOG?

Was all set to spend my free credit but this is a definite pass for me. If you don't have the others I would definitely recommend 2 or 3 over this one. Guess I will save my credit for My Kingdom for a Princess II which is supposed to come out at the end of this month

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 10, 10 8:37 AM
govegril wrote:I agree the searching for those items is not much fun- but they were quite easy to find the first levels anyway and my eyesight is poor. In fact you can see them when you do the upgrades which is silly so you know where they are before the level even starts. If that was to appeal to hidden object folks - it is a big fail there.
I miss the online medal challenges most of all.

I think the game having the 2 modes can please the old and new. I have not tried the firecracker- I am assuming it will be more of a challenge.

I was glad they did make some changes and not just dish up same old.

I have only played the trial for about half an hour and I will probably buy it although I have to agree that it isn't as much fun as the last 2. I'm just so wanting a new TM game. lol

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Aug 10, 10 9:01 AM
I loved all about game:
The strip,Quinn's voice...the KISS
ceremony and dance levels.and etc...
Everything was perfect!
Great job PF

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Aug 10, 10 9:11 AM
Where are the HOGs. I am going through withdrawals. Why can't you offer more than 1 new game a day. I don't like Match 3 or Time Management. Please bring on the HOG.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 10, 10 9:18 AM
I don't generally enjoy time management games and had never played a wedding dash game before, but I played it when it was offered to me as a beta test.

From my perspective, the game seems like it would be a lot of fun for TM fans.

[Post New]by littledipper on Aug 10, 10 9:21 AM
I have only played this game for about 45 minutes, but I am looking forward to the rest of the game. The wedding dash games last forever, so that makes them worth the $$$. I love the different set ups with flo and quinn. Thanks PF and BFG for the fun!!

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Aug 10, 10 9:34 AM
angelfishsb wrote:Where are the HOGs. I am going through withdrawals. Why can't you offer more than 1 new game a day. I don't like Match 3 or Time Management. Please bring on the HOG.

You seriously have to be kidding. You just have to. Out of the last 36 new releases 24 have been HOGS. If even thats not enough for you that's pretty sad.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Aug 10, 10 1:08 PM
I was so happy to see that the new Wedding Dash is finally out. I loved all of the first three Wedding Dashs, so doing the trial on this one was just a formality. Still, I'm not so terribly thrilled with Wedding Dash 4. This is my opinion after the trial.

The basic game play is the same. Some things are made easier: Flo can now carry several helping (3 - 6) of each course in one hand. Guests don't go to the dance floor by themselves but ask to be taken there. Both aspects make playing easier, but maybe too easy?

The wedding couple doesn't just stand under its wedding arch, but has seating requests like the guests, in fact even more (after each course). Still, they are very patient and also can be taken back to the arch if their place at the table is needed. A very nice new twists.

The mini games are okay, I quite like them.

What I didn't like at all:
1. All new guests. So far, I've seen nobody from the first versions. I already thought it was a pity that so many of the typical guests from the first two Wedding Dashs didn't come back to the third one. I got to like those characters and I missed them. Sure, there are new ones and it's commendable that the developers always bring in new things, but I would have liked at least some of the old ones. Well, maybe they'll show up in later levels.

2. And this really nearly spoils the whole game for me! Before each wedding, the couple had wishes for decorations, meals etc. It was fun trying to figure out what they wanted and to choose the right things. This it not a part of the game at all anymore! It was one of the best parts and they just took it out. I miss that a lot.

Well, so far: I think it's a little less challenging, but that might change during later levels. If there is a fifth version one day, pleeeaaase bring back the couple's wishes for the wedding. Pretty please. I'll buy this version, but with less enthusiasm than the last.

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Aug 10, 10 1:21 PM
I like it... Have all 3 WD's... its branching out to different style TM game
Although, I also do like the old "feel" of the orginal.. it shows that the
developers are thinking outside da box... I expect alot more good stuff from PlayFirst.. they're definately in front .. good job!
5 stars!

GloomySunday... Wonderful review... Big_Fish should PAY you...lol..
WTG! Oh... and by the bye.. . Luv that screen_name, too! byebye!

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 1:56:22 PM PST

[Post New]by wildhartz on Aug 10, 10 1:50 PM
I hate the congo line, and hidden object, and also the little mini of guest seating. The story line has forgotten to add Flo in. (where she was in love with hamburgers) I liked the other Wedding Dashes so much better, where you choose the items the couple wants. In them the Newly Weds stayed sitted, in this one they are ping ponging all over. Now I do think they should sit and eat after that please sit still. I did really like one thing they added, the food and how it was served. Plus I loved Quinns Gifts. Overall its a good game just not a 5 star to me.

JumpingGen
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by JumpingGen on Aug 10, 10 2:21 PM
I'd call this one 3 stars, whereas WD3 got an enthusiastic 5 stars.

I appreciate that they tried to do some new stuff to make it different, but they took out one of my favorite parts (the planning) and replaced it with ****-hum minigames.

Loved:
- The seating game and congo line. Bring on more logic puzzles!!
- The bride and groom mingling. Adds one more thing that I have to pay attention to.
- The sole fact that it's a TM game, and a relatively decent one at that.

Hated:
- No planning part. I really liked that; I like having to use a little logic when I play.

- The hidden object part. Seriously, if I want to play hidden object, I will play one of the 8 million HOG games out there. TM games are relatively rare and good ones like the Dash games are even more rare. Speaking of which . . .

- The pace and lack of challenge. There are a large number of us who love the 'organized chaos' of a fast-paced TM game. So why the hell are you guys making these games SLOWER paced?? I get that some people like the slower thing, but can you please add an option for those of us who want more challenge?

You gave it a shot with the whole "Firecracker" idea, but that was a joke. Granted, I'm not done with the whole game yet, so maybe there's still hope for the higher levels, but I get irritated when it takes no effort to double the "Expert" score (and this is the supposed "hard" option??). Where's the challenge in that?

</rant>

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 10, 10 3:01 PM
I played and bought all three previous Wedding Dash games and have betatested the fourth part of the game. I absolutely loved it. Its a little bit different (no real planning, hog-parts), but still a lot of fun if you like tms. Thats a buy for me

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Aug 10, 10 3:02 PM
Hey Saturn if you like this type of game fine. I tried this one and felt like I was on an assembly line. How exhausting. And, the puzzles, what few there were, child's play. I am glad there are people who enjoy these type of games and more power to them. But true hoggers can not get enough of HOGs because they can be real challanging. No offense meant to anyone.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 3:04:47 PM PST

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

good game!

[Post New]by Yetses on Aug 10, 10 4:38 PM
WD is my least favourite of the 'Dash series. i find Quin annoying and never cared for the other characters eeither. Thankfully, here we have Flo, which is a huge improvement. The Quin character also feels more developed, no wonder she's annoying with a mother like that. I was disappointed in WD 2 and did not even buy WD 3 -this one I got inmediately. No stupid planning, I like the conga and seating, which you can skip if you want. Graphics and musci are impeccable, as is expected from the Dash series. The 2 modes of play also is a great idea -WD 2 was way too difficult.
Good game!

Go to: