Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

End of story

[Post New]by Terri218 on Aug 10, 10 10:50 AM
I'm one of the people who couldn't finish the game because it kept freezing at the final puzzle. Can someone please PM me and tell me the end of the story. I suspect Carolina is the Count's daughter. Thanks.

Re:End of story

[Post New]by JUSTONEPROUDMOM on Aug 10, 10 8:36 PM
Nope, she's not. I played Nightfall Mysteries, Asylum game and it gives the story behind the Opera game. My game freezes at the end too and I want to see the video as I've bought and played both games and want very badly to see the final conclusion! Very aggravating.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 10, 10 8:55 PM
You might be able to see the final sequence on Youtube.

I'll recap the ending as best I can remember - this will be a condensed version.

Highlight to read:

*MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS*

Carolina is the child of the original owners of the opera troupe. Her father ran the group, and her mother was the lead singer.

Jealousy and greed prompted Helga and... err... The troupe master, whatever his name was , to "create" a tragedy. They contrived murder by setting the house ablaze whilst the family slept. Carolina's grandfather, the groundskeeper (the strange old man), broke in and saved her. That burnt-out shell of a house we explored a couple of times would be Carolina's original home.

Meanwhile, Hans (oh, geez... was his name "Hans"?? The quiet guy!) was the illegitimate child of the Count. Hans' mother was a servant, so the Count, though he supposedly loved her, would not marry her. One night, they argued, culminating with Hans' mother being banished, and Hans beaten and locked in the dungeon.

Carolina saved Hans from his captivity and they escaped, using a traveling gypsy troupe as a temporary home until they grew old enough to rejoin the opera group. They planned and plotted, and with the help of Carolina's grandfather, finally were able to take their revenge.

I don't understand the bit where Carolina jumped off a cliff, seemingly to her death - that wasn't explained. We never saw a body, but how did she survive? What was she doing?

Ahh, but back to the story. The stagehand (us) was totally innocent of any wrongdoing, so they explained the story just so he (we) would understand... but Hans learned a bit of the black arts whilst traveling with the gypsies. See this watch...? Mesmerizing, isn't it...?

*END SPOILERS*

So, I'd love to discuss the ending, just to clear up the remaining questions in my mind. I just looked, and it doesn't look like the ending is on Youtube >_< Hope my explanation is OK, it certainly doesn't do it justice!

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 8:55:58 PM PST

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Aug 11, 10 9:37 AM
Thank you so much genkicoll.

[Post New]by JUSTONEPROUDMOM on Aug 11, 10 1:57 PM
Awesome! Thank you!!!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Aug 11, 10 7:51 PM
Vincent was his name. The ending for me was unsatisfying as I played the Asylum one first, that to me made the ending of Curse of the Opera a partial lie, they did not meet that way.

[Post New]by tmcc96 on Aug 14, 10 9:19 PM
Totally agree with Oscar66...the ending wasn't that great....once I seen that the old guy got whacked....figured out that it was the guy & girl doing the killing....also played the 'Asylum' one first...

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Aug 15, 10 1:36 AM
Which is probably why they published Opera first. If you play Asylum first, you will know who did it - even though not exactly why.

Re:End of story--spoiler

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Jul 23, 11 8:04 PM
Opera was far superior to Asylum, IMHO. I do not understand why they killed the make-up artist. She was not in on it years ago.

[Post New]by gamelover_33 on Sep 25, 11 10:32 AM
very upset about the end since i played the asylum first nothing fits together its bogus.

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Oct 29, 11 2:38 AM
The ending is very satisfying, but does not completely tie in with the Asylum story. Probably because there were different writers on the Asylum game, which was supposed to be the Prequel to this game. Asylum shows that Carolina's real name is Christine. She gets an over due letter from her Grandfather, Charles - who is the old Caretaker in the Opera story - and goes to the closed down Asylum to rescue him. There she meets a little girl named Alice, who is unable to age properly, and her brother Alan, who is working on a cure for her. Meanwhile, the power crazy doctor, Vincent, has been using his half brother, Viggo - the little boy who Vladd sells to the Gypsies, in the Opera story, in his experiments, hoping to create some sort of eternal youth potion for himself. Viggo escapes, and Christine helps him. There is also a retired detective on the island, who is there to investigate his wife's death. She had been a security officer at the Asylum, before it was closed down. Christine is able to free Alice and Alun, and solve the detective's case as well. She gets a hold of the mad doctor's records, and gives them to the detective, and he uses his boat to take Alice, Alan, and himself to freedom. Christine stays, determined to find her Grandfather. Which she does. The doctor had kept him locked in a secret room. But, by that time, the doctor had recaptured Viggo, and planned to finish his experiment. Christine learns from her Grandfather, that Count Vladd Vansig is behind all of the craziness, and had instigated the murder of her parents. Vincent, the mad doctor, is Vladd's oldest Son! Christine finally wrecks the doctor's apparatus and his plans are foiled. Charles, the Grandfather, though, is determined to get even, for the murder of his son - Christine's father - and his wife. He cooks a up a plan with Christine and Viggo. They are supposed to meet at village where the Count lives. To hide their identities, Christine, says she will use the name Carolina. Viggo, takes on the name, Vincent, and this is where the Asylum story ends.

The Opera story, works as a very good Prequel to Asylum, until the very end. Vincent didn't meet Carolina when they joined the small opera company. They met at the Ashburg Asylum, where they devised their plan of revenge, with Grandfather Charles. Brandywine_Valle is quite right about the Make Up Artist. There was no reason whatsoever to kill HER! She had nothing to do with the murder of Christine's parents.

[Post New]by SassyCat_1 on Feb 7, 13 2:46 PM
My game also froze at the end. By that time I just wanted to finish the game so I could learn the ending. I found it very frustrating that the game froze at this point. It made my experience with this game a horrible one.

[Post New]by Zantetsuken on Feb 22, 13 8:06 AM
tmcc96 wrote:Totally agree with Oscar66...the ending wasn't that great....once I seen that the old guy got whacked....figured out that it was the guy & girl doing the killing....also played the 'Asylum' one first...

Actually the ending (IMO) wasn't that bad. It laid out the reasons why they did what they did. Plain and simple, retribution. I had suspicions about Carolina and Vincent earlier on since their bodies were the only ones unaccounted for. After all, you saw her jump, you didn't actually see her die, did you? Vincent showed up later at the Vlad's estate which drew my suspicions onto him as well. The old guy was a bit of a surprise, I should have been questioning why he didn't appear among the growing body count.

What threw this was how 'Asylum Conspiracy' went off track with the tale of events of how Viggo (Vincent) and Christine (Carolina) met. Even if it was created by different writers, they should have realized the inconsistencies in the plot and that the players would notice them. Still, all in all, I loved the story in all three games.

Go to: