bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 12, 10 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 11:27:59 AM PST

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Aug 12, 10 12:49 AM
With this game I have a problem I never had or heard of - I installed the demo, my security-system has no problem with it but when I click on play - nothing. I deleted, installed oncemore - nothing. It simply doesn´t start. No error messages, no nothing. What can I do ?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 12, 10 12:55 AM
sylvia99 wrote:With this game I have a problem I never had or heard of - I installed the demo, my security-system has no problem with it but when I click on play - nothing. I deleted, installed oncemore - nothing. It simply doesn´t start. No error messages, no nothing. What can I do ?

hi sylvia- the only thing I can suggest (other than CS of course) is reboot your computer and then click on play again and see if it will work.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 12, 10 1:46 AM
I played through the whole hour demo, then when it went back to game manager, I got an error violation program terminated. What is up with that? I want to buy the game, but I am afraid it won't work. If I go ahead and buy it and it doesn't work, will they give me back my money?

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 1:50:14 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 12, 10 2:06 AM
the game loaded fine.....pressed "play"....nothing.....i will uninstall and try again
love theresa

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Aug 12, 10 2:40 AM
Same here - a big fat 'nothing happens' when I press the play button for the demo!
Weird - never had this problem before.

Edit - Unicornone - I'm on xp too. Tried a second d/l and nada. Guess this could be the latest tech issue with new games - pity - I think it could be a great game.

BFG - Can you fix it, please?

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 3:07:15 AM PST

[Post New]by katerobin on Aug 12, 10 2:56 AM
I am having same problem. Shows on list for Game Manager, but when push to Play, nothing. Uninstalled and redownloaded, still nothing. bummer, looked like the exact type of game I love.

hope they fix soon.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Aug 12, 10 3:02 AM
I can't get the demo to open either... tried reinstalling but makes no difference. Running XP.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Aug 12, 10 3:06 AM
I have had this problem before, sometimes it means the game is not compatible and will never run on your set up and on other games you can proceed even with this error message (although it is unlikely). However I have always been able to get a credit for a game that does not work on my computer so either way you will not lose out sylvia99. The BFG team have always been helpful if you fill in the form and contact them.

sylvia99 wrote:With this game I have a problem I never had or heard of - I installed the demo, my security-system has no problem with it but when I click on play - nothing. I deleted, installed oncemore - nothing. It simply doesn´t start. No error messages, no nothing. What can I do ?

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 12, 10 3:07 AM
well....i tried it again......still will not play.....please fix it

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Aug 12, 10 3:10 AM
unicornone wrote:I have had this problem before, sometimes it means the game is not compatible and will never run on your set up and on other games you can proceed even with this error message (although it is unlikely). However I have always been able to get a credit for a game that does not work on my computer so either way you will not lose out sylvia99. The BFG team have always been helpful if you fill in the form and contact them.

This happened with 'Hotel' for me - it's a bit ridiculous that this happens - I thought this was the 21st century!!!!

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Aug 12, 10 3:15 AM
Good graphics but not for me too tame and too slow music annoying perhaps for younger people after playing Redrum with all its puzzles

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 12, 10 4:03 AM
88blyth wrote:the game loaded fine.....pressed "play"....nothing.....i will uninstall and try again
love theresa
having same problem so unistalled try later bess tan

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Aug 12, 10 4:29 AM
Sorry to hear, that this problem is also at other people´s computer, but I am glad to see I´m not alone so the possibility is given that BF can fix this.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Aug 12, 10 5:59 AM
Same problem here, downloaded just fine, won't open, very frustrating.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Aug 12, 10 6:03 AM
I am not sure which is worse, game not starting for you all or a corrupt profile well into the game, I have to start all over and I DID buy it. I was on 7th or 8th chapter, not sure which.

jhazydaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jhazydaz on Aug 12, 10 6:29 AM
Same deal. I run XP Pro and I downloaded the game twice and it still will not open. This has never happened. I hope they will get it fixed and post when it is ready.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 12, 10 6:39 AM
I run xp and the game works fine EXCEPT in Chapter 3 when I'm trying to do the tiles puzzle, when I reset the game freezes. Am going to try skipping the puzzle altogether.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 12, 10 6:55 AM
I am also having the same problem of not being able to open the game - I am also on XP. I was one of the beta testers and had no problems with the beta version - I have contacted customer service - hopefully they will have a fix for this soon - it is a really good game.

[Post New]by hogan2 on Aug 12, 10 7:12 AM
I have had the same problem with this game have reloaded it twice now and still it won,t play.

Go to: