Cannot get through level 5.3

[Post New]by buramiko on Aug 12, 10 1:16 AM
Level 5.3 is sooo hard!! I couldn't even reach the goal 15000 points...
Any tips??

Re:Cannot get through level 5.3

[Post New]by doughboy001 on Aug 13, 10 4:22 PM
Me neither, very frustrating and almost spoils the game. Anyone with some tips would be greatly appreciated.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 13, 10 6:33 PM
Same here; I've played multiple times and haven't even made the minimum to pass the level. I'm starting to wonder if it hinges on flirt bonuses, but I haven't been able to figure out who flirts with each other.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 13, 10 7:06 PM
Whew, I finally passed it. I'm sure there were multiple factors involved, but one of the things that really helped was ignoring the newlyweds' seating requests. If you can seat the two of them together, you get at least 1 if not 2 flirt bonuses (200-400 points). So if the bride requested the heart table, I'd get two seats open there, seat the groom, then seat the bride next to him. She'll get an immediate flirt bonus, and he'll usually get another flirt bonus as soon as his (denied) seating preference times out.

I am still frustrated, as this is the first level I've NOT gotten Expert on, but right now I'm so grateful to be able to move past this level that I'm not going to try for Expert yet. I'll come back to it.

BTW, I've also determined that Chloe will flirt with Seth; the newlyweds with each other; and Derek with Janet. Beyond that, I'm still not sure. Although I think I got a flirt bonus with Rosy and someone?

[Post New]by dimplz1 on Aug 14, 10 7:41 AM
I think it took me 10 times to finish this on Normal mode. I love the Wedding Dash games but there is always that level that's impossible to beat compared to the level before it, and then it seems like the game is a whole lot harder from that point on. Because of this, I have NEVER finished one Wedding Dash game and probably won't finish this one as I'm having troubles on 5.5 now.

What worked for me was buying a few disco ball upgrades and I'm not sure what else and using that to get my mobs of people at the tables finished up before I sat the other mob waiting. Also what actually allowed me to win though was when the Last Guest sign appeared, I made sure I had at least 6 or 7 guests waiting (even if I could seat them earlier) so when I cleared everyone out, I could chain all servings of food on those last guests and that gave me enough points to win. Now this is on normal mode, so not sure how this would work on Firecracker. I didn't do the flirt bonuses because I couldn't get them to work. Maybe I wasn't doing it right? I had to do it the above way to increase my score.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 14, 10 2:18 PM
dimplz1 wrote:I love the Wedding Dash games but there is always that level that's impossible to beat compared to the level before it, and then it seems like the game is a whole lot harder from that point on.

I know what you mean. But even so, I so far have four or five levels that I've just barely passed and wasn't able to get Expert (one level, I missed Expert by a mere 100 points). This is a first for me. And it's frustrating.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 14, 10 6:24 PM
I just finally got an Expert score on 5.3. As I suspected, flirting is key. I all but completely ignored their seating preferences and, as much as I could, made sure to sit:

- Seth (black hair, red coat; "rock star") next to Chloe (mom w/her daughter)
- Derek (black guy in a suit) next to Janet (ponytail)
- Newlyweds together
- Kyle (white-suited punk) next to Maricruz (brunette, yellow dress)

And at the start of the level, I bought 3 disco lights and used them whenever people started getting impatient.

That got me 16280, just 80 points above Expert.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 6:26:06 PM PST

[Post New]by meggieprice on Aug 15, 10 9:53 PM
The guy with the glasses also flirts with Rosy and her dog.

Just stopped by for help with 5.3 ; - )

baxterbear
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by baxterbear on Aug 18, 10 5:12 PM
All these tips are great, but none are allowing me to even get the minimum score. I must be doing something wrong. This is the first time I might just say, "Forget it" and uninstall this horrible dash game. I've never been more disappointed, and I usually LOVE the dash games. I like a challenge but this is nuts. So very, very frustrated. Sometimes when I post stuff about not being able to get through a level, I manage to do so right afterwards.....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm going to try to use everyone's tips as much as possible. These forums and BF gamers are always so helpful.

[Post New]by tagere on Aug 20, 10 9:23 PM
baxterbear - don't give up! You can do it. Just a head's up, once you get past 5.3 it only gets harder. It took me a week to get through level 5. I filled all the seats and got my points by chaining - expert level too, and it helps to have the disco balls

[Post New]by SusanQ424 on Aug 26, 10 1:37 PM
Wow, This level has beat me! I've tried over 10 times and still can reach just the passing score. I have read all your suggestions and still can't conquer it. Usually chaining the tasks helps me breeze through. Not this level. . .

[Post New]by thesteelheel50 on Oct 7, 10 8:24 AM
ButMadNNW wrote:I just finally got an Expert score on 5.3. As I suspected, flirting is key. I all but completely ignored their seating preferences and, as much as I could, made sure to sit:

- Newlyweds together

And at the start of the level, I bought 3 disco lights and used them whenever people started getting impatient.

these hints helped me I struggled on this 5.3 level for two weeks finally did what they said and bam first try its about flirting on that one....

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 8:25:35 AM PST

[Post New]by allicat1029 on Feb 21, 11 4:20 AM
I played level 5.3 for weeks with no success, but today I finally passed it and got the expert score. Reading the posts and hearing everybody else's suggestions really helped.

I am hoping that 5.4 won't give me as much trouble, but I guess time will tell.

[Post New]by tyrthunder on Feb 25, 11 6:13 AM
I just did it then! Took me about 4 goes.

I struggled more on the level prior to this one, but here is how I did it:

It's all about the chain. Even if the guests get angry, seat them all at the same time and serve the same meal to as many people as humanly possible. I also chose the 'keep guests happy' or whatever it is in the upgrades and had 5 plates of food.

Good luck everyone! I know this isn't very helpful, but the chain is definitely the key.

[Post New]by PlayerNiki on Mar 12, 11 5:53 PM
After trying for several weeks to pass level 5.3 in Wedding Dash 4ever, what worked for me:

GET AS MANY CHAIN BONUSES AS POSSIBLE! This will mean ignoring when they are getting mad (keep an eye on it though because you dont want to make them angry enough to lose points) and have as many people waiting in line as possible as well as serving the same dishes.

Always upgrade the chef, dishes and disco lights once per level. Also be sure to upgrade the waiter with faster feet if money permits.

Only use disco lights when guests start getting angry, losing points and you cant seat them right away.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by pryceghee on Apr 2, 11 10:05 AM
i can't get thru 5.3 can someone help me get off of it

[Post New]by dasherleney on Apr 16, 11 6:35 AM
- Newlyweds together

Woohoo thanks ButMadNNW for posting, this really helped me get through Level 5.3. Tried like 10 times previously but only took me one try after reading this tip!

[Post New]by wundergurl on May 20, 11 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tips, helped me get through 5.3 and 5.5! Also, the Uncle (with 2 meals) and the chinese girl get you a flirt bonus! Really ignoring their own seat requests totally makes a difference. Just go for the flirt bonus and if you get their seat request in at the same time, kudos!

[Post New]by Rabid_Monkey202 on May 20, 11 5:09 PM
I've been fighting with 5.5 for weeks (literally), and I totally forgot about the flirt bonus. Let's try this yet again...

[Post New]by scorp53 on Jun 12, 11 9:12 AM
i'm stuck... I can't even crack 10000
whats the secret!

Go to: