kittiwake
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Country Harvest

[Post New]by kittiwake on Aug 12, 10 2:22 PM
Game has a few glitches and is quite boring with all the repeated motions. Visible work area is too small and even though you can expand your farm you can't get as much in the screen as you do in Ranch Rush so you have to keep moving the view. Count in the factories is sometimes off - often off - you can plant 36 tomatoe plants to get 4 cans of paste - only if you harvest all 36 but only process 18 before the truck leaves the paste factory will not process the remaining 18 plants - so you have to start all over. There is no free play either and only 5 slots available with no save game deletes, which apparently means you can only play the game 5 times. Disappointment.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 2:23:56 PM PST

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Country Harvest

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Aug 13, 10 10:00 PM
You can zoom out a bit, I do that and I can see about 120 planting plots and several buildings on my screen. It only have 3 zoom levels though, one out, default view, and one in.

The truck will take whatever you've harvested. While processing items, try to time your harvest with when the truck will arrive and when the factory will be freed up for the next batch. Watch the counter in the upper right corner - when it hits about 10 seconds I don't harvest anything else that I grew for processing. I also only harvest as much at a time as I can process in one go, while it processes the 3, 6, or 9, I harvest that many more for when the factory is done.

There is free play at the end of the game, you can keep going with no goals and just grow and harvest and produce what you want.

The 5 slots thing I figured out - you fill all 5, then create another new game and name it, it then takes you to the list of 5 save games and asks you which one you want to overwrite/delete and replace with the new game.

[Post New]by brrrlee on Aug 14, 10 2:57 PM
I absolutely cannot get my factory to make tomato paste. I can get get 30 or more tomatoes stored, but the factory will not process them into anything, and then the truck comes and takes the tomatoes away. Help, please.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Aug 14, 10 5:49 PM
Brrlee you have to select the building and then click the "convert" button, looks like a little tomato sauce can.

[Post New]by brrrlee on Aug 20, 10 11:52 PM
Do you have to buy a new building each time you need to process something? Nothing happens to my factory when I right or left click on the building. Nothing shows above, below, or anywhere on the building. I have upgraded my silos and my tomato factory as high as they can go. I am beginning to think that I should just bulldoze the building, and buy another building. Do I have any other choice?

[Post New]by klunker on Aug 21, 10 12:07 AM
You have to have the 'Cursor' tool activate when you click (left click) on a building. If you don't have the cursor tool active it won't select the building and hence no buttons will appear above that building.

Hope that helps

[Post New]by shades123 on Aug 22, 10 3:29 AM
how come there is no help with this game? theres only a tutorial which doesnt tell you much.

[Post New]by Glitters2 on Sep 5, 10 10:38 PM
brrrlee wrote:I absolutely cannot get my factory to make tomato paste. I can get get 30 or more tomatoes stored, but the factory will not process them into anything, and then the truck comes and takes the tomatoes away. Help, please.[/quote

You need to click on the ARROW sign (CURSOR) first to use the tomato paste processor. That icon is next to the sickle icon you click on to harvest crops. If you try and click on the building to convert tomato paste when you have the PLOW or HARVEST icon activated, it won't work. ]

Go to: