bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 12, 10 4:54 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

janalyson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only.

[Post New]by janalyson on Aug 12, 10 9:03 PM
Thanks for working on this game. I am excited to finish it. But there are two problems. 1) I do not see anywhere for a MAC to find a "Game Manager", or any "updates " for the game. 2) So I uninstalled completely the old game and reinstalled another game, hoping that the MAC version of the game has been updated. I went through the game again, from the start, and it still freezes at the orchard.

I looked under my games, help, and entered in "game manager". The only one mentioned in the instructions is for PC, as stated.

How do I find this "update"? I am also sending this to tech support.

Thanks

[Post New]by bookwormjane on Aug 12, 10 9:27 PM
I have the exact same issue as below. I like the game a lot so far and hope to see the issue resolved soon.

janalyson wrote:Thanks for working on this game. I am excited to finish it. But there are two problems. 1) I do not see anywhere for a MAC to find a "Game Manager", or any "updates " for the game. 2) So I uninstalled completely the old game and reinstalled another game, hoping that the MAC version of the game has been updated. I went through the game again, from the start, and it still freezes at the orchard.

I looked under my games, help, and entered in "game manager". The only one mentioned in the instructions is for PC, as stated.

How do I find this "update"? I am also sending this to tech support.

Thanks

[Post New]by UnsinkableMollyB on Aug 13, 10 8:27 AM
Make it three for uninstalling/reinstalling the supposed "fixed" Mac version and then still freezing in the orchard...

[Post New]by thepianolady on Aug 13, 10 8:35 AM
Still freezing for me also. I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Stops at the same exact spot.

[Post New]by doreetoes on Aug 14, 10 10:16 AM
I'm a Mac user and I was having all the same issues with the deer and squirrel freezing in the orchard. there was some movement but i couldn't click on anything. i had tried entering with just the deer, just the squirrel, with both, getting the deer first then entering with both, getting the squirrel first then entering with both. i uninstalled and reinstalled. i tried creating a new profile every time, all with the same results. I spoke with customer/technical support and they told me they're working on it but it might be a while before a resolution came around.

I thought I'd try just one more time, this time I didn't use any of the quick jumps from the map and I didn't pick up any of the paint jars until that I HAD to finish the painting to continue in the game. I was able to get in the orchard, clear it, and I actually finished the game! Not sure if it'll work for anyone, but it's worth a shot. Avoid the quick jumps from the map and don't collect the paint jars until you have to.

ebiniku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ebiniku on Aug 15, 10 10:15 AM
There are 4 files you need to delete before reinstalling A Gypsy's Tale. The game file, the preferences file, and then I found two files that contained "gysys tale" or something along those lines. If you do a search for "gysys" and then delete the files found, you should be good to go. Then after installing, you will be prompted to enter your activation code again.

This time, the deer was already on the ground when I returned to the entrance to the maze, as opposed to before when he was still on the cliff but there was a hot zone below. I did follow the advice of doreetoes and did not pick up any paint jars until after I dispensed with the deer and squirrel. I don't know if that made a difference or not, but I didn't have any problems going through. I also healed the deer first, then went and picked up the squirrel and took them both to the orchard at the same time and all was good.

Great game -- laughed at myself when I got past the orchard because I'd played that part of the game about 10 times, I didn't have to think about what to do. Once I made it past the orchard, I actually had to start using my brain again to get through the game finally lol

[Post New]by gino845 on Aug 16, 10 3:09 AM
I did as doreetoes said and finished the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After over 20 tries!!!!!
I could kiss you! thnxs for saving my sanity!

[Post New]by ncchristian on Aug 16, 10 7:05 PM
Having some issues with the painting....is there a brown paint that I'm missing or is it just messing up again? I've gotten through the orchard and am now trying to find the missing gem flower but the painting is not finished....any advice?

Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only.

[Post New]by Dick11 on Sep 14, 10 1:40 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by Dick11 on Sep 14, 10 1:44 PM
I am having a problem with the Diadem crown. I placed all the jewels exactly as shown in your walk through but nothing happens. It keeps telling me to place the jewels in the proper locations but they match your diagram.

[Post New]by shoshi1952 on Sep 19, 10 4:20 PM
I hope that I am posting this in the correct space!

My issue is with the quill. The Muse of Writing Statue will not take the quill pen. Any ideas?

deporodh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Heptamorula did NOT give me the piece of coal

[Post New]by deporodh on Oct 2, 10 4:24 PM
I am playing the game through for the second time. Been enjoying it, but the bad girl got her gown, crown, and scepter, the narrative says that she gave me a piece of coal, but it does NOT appear in my inventory.

Went to the Treehouse hoping it would show up but no. I've gone back to the tower room and tried clicking on anything that looked like it might be a piece of coal, no luck. Both Hint and Help say I have nothing to do in the tower room right now.

I uninstalled the game from my computer and downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it; I am still in this catch-22 position.

I know what to do with the coal (this isn't the only game that makes diamonds out of coal), but I have to HAVE the coal first.

Come on, make the witchy american princess put out!

After-word. This appears to have been a program glitch. Uninstalling and re-installing the game didn't fix it. I finally deleted my user name in the game and re-played the whole doggone game to get to that point, and when the girl in the tower got her goodies, I sat back and let the game move at its own pace with no cursor movement or ANYTHING until the coal was safely in sight, and then carefully picked it up and waited for it to get into inventory.

Deb Snavely

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 2:12:34 PM PST

Janferie
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by Janferie on Oct 31, 10 11:07 AM
shoshi1952 wrote:I hope that I am posting this in the correct space!

My issue is with the quill. The Muse of Writing Statue will not take the quill pen. Any ideas?

Me too! What must we do??!!

deporodh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deporodh on Nov 2, 10 2:08 PM
Janferie wrote:

Me too! What must we do??!!

My experience of this game says that there is some action that the game expects you have taken somewhere else before you give the Muse of Writing her quill. When you are adventuring your way through, it could be various things that are not required for you to obtain the quill but that the program expects has been done by then.

My best suggestion for finding what is to hop through every active location you've been to so far, and check whether there are any tasks left unfinished in them. The bar at the top of screen tells you whether you have any crystals left to find in a location and whether you've done all the tasks (which you won't, yet, in most places). Click Reylin to see whether you have anything undone in a given spot. The message "there is nothing for you to do here right now" will show up a lot.

When you get to a location where that message does not appear, run your cursor over the screen and watch for things to grab or do. And once you have found something to do or grab into inventory (possibly more than one action), try again with the Muse.

Luviduvy2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luviduvy2 on Nov 6, 10 1:24 PM

lee7720
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lee7720 on Dec 8, 10 8:23 AM
Can't get any reply on regular forum..maybe someone here can help ???

Gave bird to Gnome, received the green Gnome gem, back to tower gate and placed it in pop-up (had all the other gems )...but nothing happened....opened the pop-up and don't have the Gnome gem......can't find it,...can't get another one...and can't proceed. HELP !!!

Pretty sure I have the updated version...I always download them as soon as I get notification,.....but don't know where to go now.....So close to finishing and may just have to dump it.....loved the game up to now

[Post New]by SkieDragon on Feb 10, 11 8:46 PM
I cannot get the honeycomb i need for the healing potion. I click on thebee haive but nothing. I used the Hint but is say there is nothing for me to do. please help. i am running on windowa 7.

[Post New]by canadian_dreamz on Feb 27, 11 5:14 PM
I am experiencing a glitch in the game and i need help.

When I give the apple to the deer in order for him to follow me to the orchard it says he is injured. But then when i go to the cottage and try to open the healing book it says i dont need this book right now

HELP!

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jun 28, 11 8:00 PM
I'm a new PC and I'm having problems. I had to uninstall (after great difficulty and computer crashing) and re-install to find out the game still doesn't work after all that hassle. I give up, maybe some other year.

Go to: