bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 13, 10 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by BP532 on Aug 13, 10 1:10 AM
Im about 45 minutes into the game, which I love , and the screen is frozen at the door to the outside of the castle. Strangely, it has worked during the first part of the game. I have completed almost all the the castle piece with no problem. Now, the game is frozen. Ugh......

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Aug 13, 10 2:36 AM
I just retrieved the Factory Guard's hat, but when I go into the factory I can't see anything other than the game icons in the upper left & right corners. Everything else is dark. If I try and return to the main menu, the game just hangs and then I have to "Ctl Alt Del" to get out of the game.....

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Aug 13, 10 3:01 AM
Dara6028 wrote:I just retrieved the Factory Guard's hat, but when I go into the factory I can't see anything other than the game icons in the upper left & right corners. Everything else is dark. If I try and return to the main menu, the game just hangs and then I have to "Ctl Alt Del" to get out of the game.....

Yeah thats EXACTLY whats happened with my game?!!!!

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Aug 13, 10 3:21 AM
Emmmms1974 wrote:
Dara6028 wrote:I just retrieved the Factory Guard's hat, but when I go into the factory I can't see anything other than the game icons in the upper left & right corners. Everything else is dark. If I try and return to the main menu, the game just hangs and then I have to "Ctl Alt Del" to get out of the game.....

Yeah thats EXACTLY whats happened with my game?!!!!

Me too!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Aug 13, 10 3:22 AM
I just downloaded the trial and tried starting it. Got the Big Fish logo and then just a black screen, nothing else. Have uninstalled and will try reinstalling. Sure hope it works this time!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Aug 13, 10 3:59 AM
OK, tried again and it's running okay for now. It's such a great game!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 13, 10 4:16 AM
I had the same issue with the factory! When I went in I had only the icons then I hit menu and it would not change, however, I could look at the book. I had to hit task manager to stop the game I will delete then reinstall see what happens.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Aug 13, 10 4:34 AM
pixielily wrote:I had the same issue with the factory! When I went in I had only the icons then I hit menu and it would not change, however, I could look at the book. I had to hit task manager to stop the game I will delete then reinstall see what happens.

Don't bother - it doesn't work. I've deleted and reinstalled and it's still a black screen with just the menu items

[Post New]by KathyP258 on Aug 13, 10 4:38 AM
I'm having the same problem at the same place

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 13, 10 4:46 AM
This is interesting because I re-downloaded the trial version and once again I received the blank screen, but since I did the beta on the game it shows the time from that and the CE version so I have played this game just over 2 hours.

Are you all using the trial or did you buy the game and are having these problems.

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 4:47:33 AM PST

chicka31
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by chicka31 on Aug 13, 10 4:51 AM
I can not get light in the factory. just a dark screen also.

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Aug 13, 10 5:04 AM
I too am getting a dark screen with just the inventory and menu option. It hangs when going to the Main Menu option. Strange, but although this is 'Tomorrow's Game' when I started the trial version it picked up from my previous session (I'm totally senile and forgot I'd already tried this). Even though I've tried this game before, I still have 56 minutes left on this new trial. Coincidentally I'd previously finished at the stage just before clicking forward into the black hole. Have I really lost the plot, or has this been released before ???

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 13, 10 5:13 AM
Micral wrote: Have I really lost the plot, or has this been released before ???
Sort of. The CE has been out for a few weeks.

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on Aug 13, 10 5:19 AM

I am having the EXACT same issue! *sniff HELP! :-)

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 13, 10 6:43 AM
Micral wrote:I too am getting a dark screen with just the inventory and menu option. It hangs when going to the Main Menu option. Strange, but although this is 'Tomorrow's Game' when I started the trial version it picked up from my previous session (I'm totally senile and forgot I'd already tried this). Even though I've tried this game before, I still have 56 minutes left on this new trial. Coincidentally I'd previously finished at the stage just before clicking forward into the black hole. Have I really lost the plot, or has this been released before ???

Hi Mircal,

This is the regular release of a collector's edition so you probably trialed the collectors edition. I also finished at the factory in the collectors doing the puzzle this trial started me there. I did the puzzle and then came out of that "room" and my screen also went to black except for the icon at the corners and access to my inventory. I also had to bring up task manager to exit the game.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 13, 10 6:59 AM
I have contacted CS and attached a Dr. Felix file so hopefully we will get an answer soon. I also told them we are all having the same problem,

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Aug 13, 10 6:59 AM
Many thanks Seashell, that explains it! I rarely buy Collector's Editions. Luckily for me a poor memory also means games have a high replay value - I don't remember a thing about them Hopefully the techies can sort this, because it's a good game.........I think ??

alilypad
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alilypad on Aug 13, 10 7:00 AM
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled the CE edition before I downloaded today's game thinking I would avoid the problem. Unfortunately, the glitch was unavoidable :-(

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Aug 13, 10 7:17 AM
Got a blank screen when starting, had to dl to get out....when I got back in it told me I had already played the demo, and no time was remaining.

Go to: