Flirt Bonuses in 5.1??

Liatha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Flirt Bonuses in 5.1??

[Post New]by Liatha on Aug 13, 10 8:08 AM
I've gotten expert level on every level through chapters 1-4 without any problem. I think I had ONE level I had to replay to get expert and find all the collection items.

But I can't get through level 5.1 to save my life. Not at all. I can't even get the goal score... and I think it's because no one is flirting. The level says "figure out who likes each other and sit them together for a flirt bonus as often as possible" Well... I can't figure out who likes each other, I guess, because I am not getting ANY flirt bonuses at all.

I figured the "who likes each other" had to do with the preference bubbles... but still no flirt bonus of any kind even though I successfully seat every guest correctly.

Ideas? I'm getting a touch frustrated.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Flirt Bonuses in 5.1??

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Aug 13, 10 10:01 AM
I can't get past this level either.
And I only got one flirt bonus.

[Post New]by RRoselynn on Aug 13, 10 11:32 AM
I can't get through this level either, but I have noticed that you get the flirt bonus also when you seat the bride and groom together. One time they both wanted to sit at the diamond table and when I placed them together you get flirt bonus points.

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Aug 13, 10 11:39 AM
I demo'd this game and got to that level and I got flirt bonuses by seating the bridesmaid and the man in the white suit(when he's sitting at the table he whispers to the person beside him)together.

Hope I explained this right and you understand it!

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Aug 13, 10 2:18 PM
Having trouble with this level as well. I don't seem to be able to get the "flirt" bonus either. I will give these tips a try. Thanks

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 13, 10 7:07 PM
I've so far determined that Chloe will flirt with Seth; the newlyweds with each other; and Derek with Janet. Beyond that, I'm still not sure. Although I think I got a flirt bonus with Rosy and someone?

ETA: Bernie flirts with Rosy.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 12:27:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Kittykatkaz on Aug 14, 10 1:01 AM
I cannot get near the required points either.... any help appreciated!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Aug 14, 10 1:06 AM
I am stuck on this level too. I never knew there was anything as a flirt bonus in this game.

[Post New]by meggieprice on Aug 14, 10 3:42 AM
ButMadNNW wrote:I've so far determined that Chloe will flirt with Seth; the newlyweds with each other; and Derek with Janet. Beyond that, I'm still not sure. Although I think I got a flirt bonus with Rosy and someone?

ETA: Bernie flirts with Rosy.

I cannot get more than 10000 or so, I cannot imagine a way to get 3000 more points and I thought you need to put people with the person they ask for in their bubble. I do that, I put the bride and groom everywhere they want to be- get the roses, answer the crises in a timely manner, but cannot imagine how I will get past this level. I see no flirt bonuses and have no ides who is CHloe, who is Seth, etc. - can someone clue me in?

buvez_rose
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by buvez_rose on Aug 14, 10 8:21 AM
3 days....over and over...pulling out hair.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Aug 14, 10 11:23 AM
I past 5.1 by just following the usual gameplay. For 5.2 if you have problems get the lights. I was playing the level for a while and I got the lights and bet it on the first try with the lights. That was before trying with several other options. Even the upgrade food dishes did me no good, upgrading the cook no good, upgrading Flo and Quinn's speed,

When three or more people get mad standing in line all I did was set one off. I believe you can use it three times. You have to click on the light to set it off and Quinn will walk over and turn it on and it will keep them happy longer than I expected.

[Post New]by mischief349 on Aug 14, 10 11:42 AM
i am stuck here also

buvez_rose
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by buvez_rose on Aug 14, 10 11:50 AM
finally got it...focused on long chains and seating the bride and the groom next to each other even though they have other requests. you'll get a double flirt bonus when that happens - 200 each = 400pts. still working on getting expert now NEXT!

[Post New]by easterday99 on Aug 14, 10 12:28 PM
If you go into the help pages from the main menu, they list the characters and their names.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 14, 10 2:29 PM
easterday99 wrote:If you go into the help pages from the main menu, they list the characters and their names.

Exactly. That's how I got their names for my earlier post. The names are listed on pages 6 and 7 of the Help menu, I believe.

Also, the max seating points you can get is, I think, 150 on the 5th (or 6th or 7th) person in a chain. A flirt bonus is 200 or 400 points, depending on your timing (whether both guests flirt or only one). I'm not sure if you lose points for not honoring a seating request, but even if you do, it seems like it's more advantageous to get flirting bonuses.

Something to think about.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Aug 14, 10 2:30 PM
metmichallica wrote:I am stuck on this level too. I never knew there was anything as a flirt bonus in this game.

The flirt bonus is mentioned in the tutorial bit at the start of level 5.1.

[Post New]by Mystic16Mom on Aug 14, 10 2:50 PM
I just cannot get this level. I understand the flirt bonuses, but just can't seem to make them work for me. The highest I have managed to get was just a little over 10000, and that was tough to get. I have no idea how I am going to manage to get another 3000. This is a tough one. I think I am going to give up for now and find me a HOG game to play, I am too frustrated to keep going,
Good luck all.

[Post New]by easterday99 on Aug 14, 10 4:37 PM
I just got expert level in this round. The trick is to always seat the bride and groom together each time for an extra 400 points each time you do this. Also, if you sit the rapper next to the lady in the brown dress (Maricruz) you also get a flirt bonus. Sit Derek near Janet all the time. The other trick is to not pay attention to where they say they want to sit and sit them with who they flirt with.

Bernie- Rosy
Chloe-Seth
Derek-Janet
Kyle-Maricruz

Hope this helps.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Aug 14, 10 10:26 PM
I keep getting to 12350 never make it to 13000. However, I DO get the flirt bonuses by seating them as they ask, I don't know why no one else is. Also if I sit the bride and groom by each other they do not get flirt bonuses as someone said. I am going to keep trying. Ugh. LOL

[Post New]by meggieprice on Aug 14, 10 10:39 PM
In the Mac version two of those couples don't come in to play as Bernie does not appear in 5.1 and neither does Chloe. (Thanks for showing me how to find out who is who!). My husband and I (he alerts me to things needing attention and helps me seat since he knows I will not rest until I get past this level ; - )) carefully seated flirters together, did chains of three foods and as many seated at once as we could, put the bride and groom together a LOT and still could not get over 11000. Sigh. I was loving this game but the frustration level is killing it for me!

Go to: