Re:Welcome to The Color of Murder forum

[Post New]by MerscomLLC on Nov 8, 08 8:45 AM
This is the best Carol Reed game I've played. Loved the hint system, makes it easy for anyone who has never played an adventure before. Bet all hidden object people would love it.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Nov 8, 08 9:10 AM
I enjoy the hidden object games and really like Treasures of Mystery Island. I dislike the Nancy Drew games. Never have played a Carol Reed game like this one...is it like Nancy Drew? I want a game where I have to find/use objects to discover clues, other items, solve puzzles, etc. Not just click on somethng, walk, click, walk, click.

That make sense? Thanks.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 9:15 AM
nykelli1843 wrote:I enjoy the hidden object games and really like Treasures of Mystery Island. I dislike the Nancy Drew games. Never have played a Carol Reed game like this one...is it like Nancy Drew? I want a game where I have to find/use objects to discover clues, other items, solve puzzles, etc. Not just click on somethng, walk, click, walk, click.

That make sense? Thanks.

this is more like Nancy Drew...

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Nov 8, 08 2:37 PM
Definitely more like Nancy Drew, though this one has a built in hint system. I absolutely love the Carol Reed games and was so excited to see a new one.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 2:48 PM
nemesis45679 wrote:Definitely more like Nancy Drew, though this one has a built in hint system. I absolutely love the Carol Reed games and was so excited to see a new one.

Yes- this one is pretty good!

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Nov 8, 08 3:28 PM
I downloaded this game, but haven't played it yet. I am happy to hear that it's like the Nancy Drew games. I've played everyone and loved them. So I can't wait to start this one. Others have mentioned more Carol Reed games. Can anyone tell me where I can find them? I'd appreciate it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 3:44 PM
Dawspaws wrote:I downloaded this game, but haven't played it yet. I am happy to hear that it's like the Nancy Drew games. I've played everyone and loved them. So I can't wait to start this one. Others have mentioned more Carol Reed games. Can anyone tell me where I can find them? I'd appreciate it.

There are several here at BFG- Time Stand Still, Remedy and East Side story.

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Nov 8, 08 10:53 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with getting the program to initiate? I have tried twice and had to trashcan it both times.

I keep seeing the same error message: One or more files have failed to download, (or some such thing)

I have never had a file error before. The game is soooooo long that trial and error trouble shooting is just not worth the effort. I love BF games, but this one is a problem, especially since I HAD to buy it before I could download it.

Any input?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 9, 08 10:22 AM
DianeHardee wrote:I'm having trouble getting started any body have hints? I expected hidden objects but I think will be fun to keep trying this game. I saved the objects I thought were clues is that it? Also saved them but have 2 places to go & no clu about what to o next. Help!!
Technically not a hidden object game, although you do need to find things. This one is pretty helpful- make sure to read your notbook- it will give you clues on what to do next- click on the task on the left and a hint wil appear on the right

[Post New]by LHILL913 on Nov 10, 08 4:55 PM
Where are the hints in the game?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 10, 08 7:24 PM
LHILL913 wrote:Where are the hints in the game?

Hi LHILL913- welcome to the forums!

Look in the upper left corner and click on the notebook. On the left page will be locations that you need to visit and a small hint underneath. If you need more- click on the small hint and you will get more info on the right page

[Post New]by greatgran2 on Nov 10, 08 10:18 PM
Think I must be a real DUMB great gran? how do i get started?? game starts then I watched the tutorial,fine all i can find are empty rooms ,found the dolls house I assume needs to be fixed??how do i start ,don't have much luck with nancy Drew games so if i can sort this one out I may,PLEASE any help out there??
greatgran2

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 11, 08 5:12 AM
greatgran2 wrote:Think I must be a real DUMB great gran? how do i get started?? game starts then I watched the tutorial,fine all i can find are empty rooms ,found the dolls house I assume needs to be fixed??how do i start ,don't have much luck with nancy Drew games so if i can sort this one out I may,PLEASE any help out there??
greatgran2

Hi Greatgran2- Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble! In adventure games, you need to look at everything, and pick up everything. Look around the apartment, the go visit Stina. After Stina, go to the allotment.

Look in the upper left corner and click on the notebook. On the left page will be locations that you need to visit and a small hint underneath. If you need more- click on the small hint and you will get more info on the right page

primehen7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by primehen7 on Nov 12, 08 1:11 AM
prpldva wrote:
LHILL913 wrote:Where are the hints in the game?

Hi LHILL913- welcome to the forums!

nchmvegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by nchmvegas on Nov 13, 08 10:38 PM
Where's the International Color Chart in the Paint rm. I can't find it. driving me crazy!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 13, 08 10:56 PM
nchmvegas wrote:Where's the International Color Chart in the Paint rm. I can't find it. driving me crazy!

It's in a room off the hallway that has another door inside with the keypad. The code is found in Harald's apratment

eusje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by eusje on Nov 25, 08 8:58 AM
Can somebody help me?
I'm looking for the oil for the clockwork but cannot find it

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 12:55 PM
eusje wrote:Can somebody help me?
I'm looking for the oil for the clockwork but cannot find it

Hi Eusje- welcome to the forums!

As you are looking at the mechanism, go forward, just to the right and you should find the oil.

Hope this helps!

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Dec 2, 08 7:00 PM
I am looking for some games to play after finishing RTR. Someone suggested the Carol Reed games. I see 4 of them. Could anyone suggest the order in which I should play them.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 2, 08 7:04 PM
Hi Culady- it does not really matter the order- The newest one is very good. Have you played adventure games before?

Go to: