bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

New version now available for Plants vs. Zombies! August 13, 2010.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 13, 10 3:35 PM
We have a new version of Plants vs. Zombies available now! This new version:

- Is the Game of the Year edition.
- Replaces the dancing zombie with a disco-dancing zombie
- New Features: Achievements and Zombatar creator (allows users to make their own zombies that will appear in-game).

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:17:31 PM PST

Re:New version now available for Plants vs. Zombies! August 13, 2010.

[Post New]by Chermo on Aug 19, 10 2:58 PM
The only version I see looks like the older version. Also when I did try to update, I was told there was not updated version.

What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Chermo on Aug 21, 10 7:30 PM
got it

[Post New]by Sue122 on Aug 27, 10 3:49 PM
Is my game progress saved if I uninstall & reinstall the game?

grabit2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Aug 28, 10 9:42 PM
just wondered if there was anything i should be doing to activate the Zombatar? selecting it ingame only seems to hang the game. the game itself works fine.

edit: actually, no, the game does not work fine at all. it's just hung. i have enjoyed this game a lot in the past - any chance of the old version being made available again? it was stable.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 10:00:17 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,537 Posts

Re: New version now available for Plants vs. Zombies! August 13, 2010.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 11, 10 12:03 PM
I'm betting that the new version has been withdrawn. When I checked with the manual update method, it showed there were no updates available. Given grabit2's post just above, I am extremely reluctant to try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm writing bfgArnoStyx asking it (him? her?) to update this thread.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 12:05:16 PM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
578 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Sep 15, 10 6:27 AM
I was wondering about this too and hope we get some input on the update from Admins. My game manager is set for downloading updates manually, I don't want try anything until it's been out for a few days or so with feedback.

I'm not thrilled about the change but have to admit I love the idea of having new achievements added to the game.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,537 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 16, 10 8:42 AM
I just got bfgArnoStyx's reply--dated the same day, my very bad not to notice it sooner--but I didn't find it helpful. I've written back, clarifying what we're asking for.

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 8:43:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Beckycs on Sep 18, 10 10:39 AM
I am dieing to update the old version, but I don't want to lose the current points and trophys that I have managed to earn. I tried the manual upgrade too, and it didn't find any updates, but we downloaded it new onto my new netbook and the new version was loaded. I would like to know when it all gets worked out. This is mine and my grandson's favorite game. We were disappointed when the credits stopped at 999,990, but we kept playing anyway, becase we enjoy it so much.

[Post New]by robfum on Sep 19, 10 6:52 AM
Has the newer version been withdrawn??

[Post New]by GardenerofDoom on Sep 26, 10 7:27 AM
I've noticed a few things that even PopCap has not yet addressed/patched/fixed with this new version.

Level 1-10 freezes with new update.

Achievements Freeze when viewing actual achievements (Though if you go to windows desktop and back, you can actually go below these).

Zombatar Freezes

Anything but levels 1-1 through 1-9 freezes >.>

I tried deleting my old game to make it compatible, and it froze still, so I lost all my old progress, awards, unlocked content, etc.

[Post New]by dispeaking on Oct 4, 10 10:17 PM
I'm having the same problem. The game worked okay (some slowdowns were noticed when a lot of zombies got on the screen), but it froze when I began 1-10. This was absolutely my favorite game. Now, I can't get past the opening screen. When I try to open the level, the hand pops up from the dirt and screen freezes...eventually going totally black. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,537 Posts

Re: New version now available for Plants vs. Zombies! August 13, 2010.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 10, 10 12:00 PM
I've worked through the game once-and-a-fraction and had no freezes whatever.

On the other hand, it totally wiped out all my progress and I had to start as a new player.

Seems to me somebody should have warned us.

As for why it's not showing up as an update, bfg ArnoStyx tells me it "wasn't a critical update and thus wasn't populated in the Game Manager".

Translation: The game runs fine without it, so no automatic update and no listing on manual update.

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Nov 19, 10 8:34 PM
Just wanted to say this game i love and played it often then I decided to uninstall for a new game for a change but missed the game so reinstalled it again ,and was very excited to see new zombies.Thank you and is there others in the future you will do this too?

[Post New]by ponytoffee1 on Nov 19, 10 9:17 PM
so what with ppl talking about "make-up plants"? how do i make one

[Post New]by joshua_pvz on Dec 5, 10 3:32 AM
I like the Zombatar!totally creative

[Post New]by ksh123 on Feb 23, 11 3:26 AM
Is ther gonna be a Plants vs Zombies 2---I have completed all levels and can make it to day 26 on survival..........If anybody knows of a newer version please let me know. I'm having my birthday on march 5 and would like to include some plant vs zombie decorations---if anybody has seen any please let me know--thanks

adelia6
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by adelia6 on Apr 19, 11 2:22 AM
I have got the old version. I just know by the dancing zombie. I think i have got the older version.

[Post New]by anntetsusaiga on May 4, 11 2:33 PM
I was wondering why is it that have a disco dancing zombie in my game but not micheal jackson zombie like in the demo?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 5, 11 3:58 PM
When PvZ was first released on BigFish, it had the Michael Jackson dancing zombie. Michael Jackson's estate threatened PopCap, so when they updated PvZ they switched to the disco zombie.

Odds are the preview just never got updated.

Go to: