bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystic Diary: Haunted Island

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 14, 10 12:05 AM
Stop a magician's ghost and free the trapped souls haunting the Black Woods in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island! Communicate with a trapped ghost, the magician's very own brother, as he guides you through the manor. Follow Victor's clues and stop the disturbed Gustav as quickly as you can! Solve cryptic puzzles and put together bizarre machines to unlock the secrets of the house in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Edited on 08/17/2010 at 4:04:25 PM PST

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Mystic Diary: Haunted Island

[Post New]by suze14 on Aug 14, 10 12:29 AM
help!!!!! i cant work out how to make electricity so i am stuck at opening scene

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 14, 10 12:33 AM
suze14 wrote:help!!!!! i cant work out how to make electricity so i am stuck at opening scene

get the firewood ( near mailbox) and put it in the furnace (located to the left of the house) and use this to make both electricity and a magnet.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 14, 10 1:00 AM
Just playing but find myself somewhat frustrated as to what and where to go next. Hints are only helpful in the hog scenes and take too long to reload. Thank god for the walkthrough but I resent having to use it so early in the game and will deny myself until I become totally frustrated. However it looks like a game with lots of potential even if it only has 5 chapters. Will keep you posted as I continue to play. Other's please do the same.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 14, 10 1:13 AM
I just finished the demo, and made it to the Island. I like the game, puzzles are kinda hard for me. Some items are very small, and hard to see. If you have problems with you sight, this is not the game for you. At the rate I am playing, it seems like it will be a good length.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 2:13:48 AM PST

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Aug 14, 10 1:30 AM
Game downloaded with no problem. It was kind of slow loading the first time but just as I was starting to worry it started. The graphics are nice and clear. Not to much clutter. Music is not bad. I didn't have to turn it down or off. It takes a bit of thinking to figure out what to do next but that is good for the gray matter. The objects to find seem to be OK size wise. I loved "Lost Brother" and hope this one is as good. It's a buy!
GrannieKay

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Aug 14, 10 1:31 AM
This seems OK - not great quality but a reasonable IHOG. I remember the other game being the same and that one fairly short so I hope not with this one.
Don't like having my cursor go fuzzy after only 4 mis-clicks. Feel like telling it - Hey it's my game and I'll click where I like!
Also there didn't seem to be a clue for the coins/planet puzzle. Am I expected to remember the order of the planets at my age??
Not finished demo yet and a bit on the fence with buying.....

Getting more into this as I go and have bought it - got a load of inventory items and trying to figure out where to use them! Like a challenge.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 3:14:27 AM PST

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Aug 14, 10 1:45 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Just playing but find myself somewhat frustrated as to what and where to go next. Hints are only helpful in the hog scenes and take too long to reload. Thank god for the walkthrough but I resent having to use it so early in the game and will deny myself until I become totally frustrated. However it looks like a game with lots of potential even if it only has 5 chapters. Will keep you posted as I continue to play. Other's please do the same.

where did you find the walkthrough??? If I can find it I'll buy the game...

thanks

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 14, 10 1:50 AM
The walkthrough is linked from the game download page:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystic-diary-haunted-island-walkthrough/

There's also a Strategy guide mentioned, btw.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 14, 10 1:58 AM
Thanks for the info! I loved the sense of humour in this game! Objects a bit easy, and game seems on the short side. I may treat myself (again !

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 14, 10 2:13 AM
Enjoyed the hours trial so just bought it with one of my bonus card credits. I like the fact that you have to think about what to do next (can always use the blog walkthrough if you are completely stuck) and the puzzles are somewhat different to the usual and take some working out.

Hope it is not to short but it's definitely one to buy IMHO.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 14, 10 2:22 AM
Halotop wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:Just playing but find myself somewhat frustrated as to what and where to go next. Hints are only helpful in the hog scenes and take too long to reload. Thank god for the walkthrough but I resent having to use it so early in the game and will deny myself until I become totally frustrated. However it looks like a game with lots of potential even if it only has 5 chapters. Will keep you posted as I continue to play. Other's please do the same.

where did you find the walkthrough??? If I can find it I'll buy the game...

thanks

It was on the the page where it features the game for download, screenshots etc..

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 14, 10 2:43 AM
Oh, another nice surprise, I was expecting sequel to Reincarnations on Mudrock's list this week, instead this sequel, and I really really liked Lost Brother. This has the same things I admired before, the beautiful HOGs with original objects, no clip art same olds, and nicely placed, meaning a bit of a challenge, but not too tiny.

This was my first "Sneak Peek" game to trial and I knew it would be a winner but I had a few problems. I ran the beta on my small laptop W7 but with plenty of RAM, didn't know sys req so was afraid to run on my olc pc XP. So it was slow going on the reduced picture, plus, I am not known for doing good in to and fro adventuring without a map OR a walkthrough LOL, they sure picked the wrong player to test. I thought it would be just an hour which increased the stress but somehow I made iti through the first chapter, even worked the puzzles! Moi?? And when the demo ran out 2 hours had passed LOL so I guess they figure that's an hour for anyone else.

WOW it looks good on my flat panel monitor now, and for those who have older systems I'm surprised to see it takes just 128 ram, should run good, although not slow, just a hesitation before next scene opens. No tech problems, and for me, finding things and using them seem to take just some thought and maybe logicand of course I LIKE the sparkles and nudges. Shouldn't take me an hour each chapter now that I got my bearings, and with such really nice graphics I don't mind staring. It's relaxing and I like the calming music and didn't mute it yet. Player friendly, find the ghosts and help them get out, I like the dry humor so definate buy. For an ihog fumbler I'd say it's just right, mouse will guide you, just hover around then try to rememberr where you were and where you saw what, which is another challenge for me and maybe some of our other oldies.

[Post New]by MommaMaryBlue on Aug 15, 10 12:05 PM
Please Help!!!!
I need help with the levers to make the horseshoe a magnet!!!!
How do they work??? I used the walkthrough but my horseshoe does not change???
Any help is appreciated!!!
MommaMaryBlue

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 17, 10 7:53 AM
I agree, I love the sense of humor in this game, a definate buy for me. Thanks BFG for another good one after so many clunkers.

[Post New]by mz6hwk on Aug 17, 10 3:59 PM
I'm soooo stuck. I can't go any further. I have 3 pieces in my inventory - Sulfer, left half of symbol & a fly. I've been back & forth through the port hole & have searched every nook & cranky..the hints are useless..I've dragged the inventory to hints, with no luck what's so ever... please help!

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on Aug 19, 10 8:49 PM
Hey, Momma - I had the same problem, until I went back to reading the walkthru & realized I had forgotten to feed the logs to the furnace. Then it worked - hope this helps!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 19, 10 8:59 PM
I had a problem with this, too. I didn't see the spider web in... which room was it? Anyway, you've got that nice tasty fly...

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 9:00:08 PM PST

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on Aug 21, 10 9:55 PM
to magnetize the horseshoe havw to set the electric levers by pressing 3421. I am stuck on the island. Got amulet from the dolphin. Went back to the tent scene to look for a sparkly place, like wkthru said. I don't have any sparkles. Can anybody help?

[Post New]by radientred on Jun 3, 11 12:18 PM
I'm stuck too! I put the firewood in the furnace and the magnet where it belongs as well but am still not able to figure out how to make it work. I move the buttons around but nothing happens. Also, What can you do with the Haystack. I have no clue how to look in it. All it tells me is it is difficult. Again, I can't get the key out of the window to open the door? I like it so far but will have to delte if I can't play anymore. Can anyone help? PLEASE.

Go to: