BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Post any Mystic Diary: Haunted Island Forum technical issues here only

[Post New]by BereniceP on Aug 14, 10 6:23 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with this game? I downloaded the demo and clicked on play and just got a black screen. Totally wouldn't play at all. Have uninstalled and am trying again but I don't very often have any trouble.

Any Ideas?

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 8:54:35 AM PST

AliH827
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Technical Issue

[Post New]by AliH827 on Aug 14, 10 6:25 AM
I beta tested this a few weeks ago. I purchased it today but it won't let me play. It says I need to take the survey. I click that but it doesn't even take me to a survey. ??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't let me play.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 14, 10 6:32 AM
Hi for me the game is in small screen.

kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kfitzzy on Aug 14, 10 6:34 AM
I keep getting a failure to create D3D, I just get black screen, I have downloaded a D3D but it still won't work. Any ideas

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on Aug 14, 10 8:48 AM
I played the demo and really liked it - would like to buy as the variety of things to do hits all the right notes for me... (except for the music, ironically (but can turn that down or off.)
However, I'm wondering why it displays in a reduced screen size. I have Vista. Is this intentional?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 14, 10 8:54 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for starting up the tech thread! I'll go ahead and sticky this so that the other Fishies can join in.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Diary: Haunted Island Forum technical issues here only

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 14, 10 10:43 AM
Ok I updated video card and game still plays in small screen. If I do resolution then it messes up my other things. Wasen't this game beta tested for these problems.

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Aug 14, 10 11:40 AM
Have download, uninstalled, download, uninstalled and download this game and still can't get it to play. Like others I only get a black screen with the hourglass. When I do ctrl-alt-delete it says "game not responding". Have the first game and was looking forward to the second one. Hope this gets fixed soom. All my drivers, etc. are updated and have XP. Don't think this is the problem Guess i am going for the 3rd uninstall now..

[Post New]by dallas1980 on Aug 14, 10 11:57 AM
Went to try & play the demo I just downloaded and it says my trial expired already.

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Aug 14, 10 12:18 PM
AliH827 wrote:I beta tested this a few weeks ago. I purchased it today but it won't let me play. It says I need to take the survey. I click that but it doesn't even take me to a survey. ??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't let me play.

I have the same problem, posted it on "A Ghost from the past" because this tech issues wasn't opened yet.

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on Aug 14, 10 12:32 PM
dallas1980 wrote:Went to try & play the demo I just downloaded and it says my trial expired already.

I have same problem. Downloaded trial and says already trial expired. Will not buy without trying first.

[Post New]by greygail on Aug 14, 10 3:07 PM
yes game is on reduced sized screen.and we cant get top of milk bottle so we can get the frog

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Aug 14, 10 4:24 PM
My problem is not being able to pick anything up in the mini-games. I can rotate the puzzle pieces, but I can't move them. Same thing with the coin puzzle. They react, but don't move. As for tracing the symbol, I had to right click to make it work.

[Post New]by midntmstng on Aug 14, 10 5:04 PM
I also tried the beta version of this game, and now that I bought it it will not work. Just keeps taking me to the take the survey. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and it is always the same. It is an awesome game and I really hope this isn't an omen of things to come. I enjoyed the beta version of this so much I bought the first game too.

[Post New]by ScrapppingALL on Aug 14, 10 5:06 PM
Good thing I haven't purchased it. I can't get it to work either..

jkshosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jkshosa on Aug 14, 10 6:06 PM
I downloaded the game without any problems but the demo only lasted 30 minutes. Usually you guys give us an hour to try.

[Post New]by evansmommy on Aug 14, 10 7:09 PM
Amaootta wrote:
AliH827 wrote:I beta tested this a few weeks ago. I purchased it today but it won't let me play. It says I need to take the survey. I click that but it doesn't even take me to a survey. ??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't let me play.

I have the same problem, posted it on "A Ghost from the past" because this tech issues wasn't opened yet.

I am having the EXACT same issue! Did the Beta test, deleted everything after takin the survey and now that I have bought the game, I can't play it. Keeps telling me to click OK and take the survery. HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Aug 14, 10 8:07 PM
No,,,but I should hace a cog that was supposed to be added to my things for a game,,,but ALAS,,,no cog,,,,now what,,,,I need it for a gear!

[Post New]by gloryfarm on Aug 15, 10 11:21 AM
I apologize for double posting (I had put this in another thread here, with no resolution). I was playing the demo, and was at the point where I put the baloon together. Just as the cut scene started to show the baloon leaving - my demo ran out of time. So I bought the game. however, now I go into the game, and I am still on the island, the baloon has left, hints tell me to build the baloon, but all parts are gone (with the baloon....) and all the tasks which were used to get the pieces are completed, so I can not do them again. Do I have to start all over again from the beginning?

[Post New]by jusliloleme on Aug 15, 10 2:35 PM
Ok, me too with the time expired, fill out the survey thing. I've done what I think is a clean un-install and gone through my registry removing anything related to Hidden Island and still no joy. Me thinks the BF QA needs to do some work yet. And yes, I bought it before trying because I liked the beta/survey edition and didn't count on problems.

Go to: