bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

New version available for Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff! August 14, 2010!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 14, 10 8:45 AM
We have a new version of Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff available now. This new version of the game fixes the following issues:

1 – Chapter 3: Closing the game during the end of chapter cut-scene can corrupt profile.
2 – Chapter 5: Closing game after completing Chapter 4 while Chapter 5 loads can corrupt the profile.

We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience while this was being worked on. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Re:New version available for Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff! August 14, 2010!

[Post New]by MacDoodle on Aug 14, 10 10:31 AM
Deleted, readded. Still doesn't work.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:New version available for Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff! August 14, 2010!

[Post New]by MacLaura on Aug 14, 10 12:06 PM
I DL and purchased the game 12th August

I have gone to game manager and both auto checked and then manually checked for "available updates'

Nothing

I definitely have the corrupted profile error

however I did not close the game at the end of chapter 4 (or 3 obviously) before chapter 5 had fully loaded.

In fact, I had completed chapter 4, loaded chapter 5 and started the first scene before I exited the game

since others have tried a total uninstall - reinstall and had the same issues

either the updated game version is NOT properly DL and installing for people either as an update or a re-install

or

the updated code does not address the problem

SO again... placing an otherwise nice game on hold until a "tested" and working fix is found

Point is: since the error results in a corrupted profile - you would have to create a new profile and start the game over even after downloading an updated version

Since feedback seems to indicate this is NOT fixing the problem - I don;t want to play test bunny again - play through the game a 2nd time to the problem area AND then learn yup have to wait and play a THIRD time

The game is not worth 3 replays - maybe two but not three

Good luck and hope the actual fix arrives soon

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 12:10:25 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 14, 10 1:11 PM
I AGREE MACLAURA

The same for me...and this time I HAD to turn OFF ALL POWER to my COMPUTER..

YES, ONE of Special Tech has been through my whole computer...for another reason

and said MY COMPUTER is UP TO DATE

I can give him a email BK

I TOTALLY removed the first game and even cleaned out all my downloads and used
"C CLEANER..

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 14, 10 1:15 PM
This is a beautiful game and was spoiled for me because I had to play it all the way through without exiting. I hope they get it fixed soon. It's worth it.

Ella58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ella58 on Aug 14, 10 5:20 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled, still don't work. This game sucks. Give me my money back.

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Aug 14, 10 6:24 PM
I have uninstalled and re installed. still doesnt work..

What I do get before I select to start the game is a message saying that the game may go back to windows due to resolution? Doesnt tell me what resolution it requires so I tried it all.. still doesnt work..

This is a peace of crap game that should of never been allowed out of Testing/ Q&A

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Aug 14, 10 8:01 PM
Well, I just dloaded for the 3rd and last time. Click on play and nothing....no message, just the hourglass. Game will not open. Am using XP.

Will now go and uninstall for the 3rd and last time. Damn irritating.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Aug 15, 10 1:32 AM
Unfortunately this version also doesn´t open.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 15, 10 3:05 AM
What a shame--wife and I have been so enjoying this game till (I think) Chapter 5, then WHOOPS--lockup. Just like the other folks in the forum. Task manager won't even come up--gotta just turn off the power (something I hate to do). Please put a fix on this because it's a beautiful game (so far, at least). By the way, I don't have a "Game update" notice on my "Game Manager"--does anyone else?

P.S. Hey "BFGArnostyx" (moderator)--just now did what you suggested in your opening post--says "No updates available"--please give us a hand here.

Thanks, elldee

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 3:09:24 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 10 3:44 AM
I just finished the game and had no problems with it whatsoever. So I assume that I don't have to install the latest version?

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 15, 10 9:24 AM
elldee2728 wrote:What a shame--wife and I have been so enjoying this game till (I think) Chapter 5, then WHOOPS--lockup. Just like the other folks in the forum. Task manager won't even come up--gotta just turn off the power (something I hate to do). Please put a fix on this because it's a beautiful game (so far, at least). By the way, I don't have a "Game update" notice on my "Game Manager"--does anyone else?

P.S. Hey "BFGArnostyx" (moderator)--just now did what you suggested in your opening post--says "No updates available"--please give us a hand here.

Thanks, elldee

HERE, HERE!!

I SAY DITTO

same happened to me & then this CS says FIXED??
BFG YOU R MAKING lots of FISHIES MAD

[Post New]by jheaven44 on Aug 15, 10 11:41 AM
I have also tried all of the fixes and nothing is working .I contacted tech support but no reply as yet. hope there is a real fix soon,don't like spending money for nothing.

[Post New]by say1093 on Aug 15, 10 4:46 PM
I DOWN LOADED THIS GAME 3 TIMES NOW IT ALWAYS STOPS AT CHAPTER 6 AND SHUTS DOWN AND WILL NOT GO ANY FUTHUER IN THE GAMES????

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Aug 15, 10 5:36 PM
Not showing me an update. Tried manually and the normal way. Still ends at chapter 3. Usually when I bring up my game manager it shows me the updates. not this time. to bad, wanted to buy it.

kekis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by kekis on Aug 15, 10 6:18 PM
Uninstalled and re-installed three times. The third time I played all the way thru, afraid to close the game. It worked, but would rather not have played this way. It was very inconvenient for everyone that uses my computer. I would recommend more testing BF before putting a game out for sale. This seems to be happening more often.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 15, 10 11:32 PM
Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Dragon Staff
After just getting started -first game told me my profile was corrupted, so I checked with BF forum and saw there was a fix and followed game managers update instructions,there were non avail.

I un-installed and reinstalled , clicked my user name and it told me I could not use a corrupted name and to select another or create a new one,,I did set new users name and tried to play again and got as far as the mouse in a maze part-,,the mouse went erratic to the cheese leaving 1 piece --

GAME FROZE AT THAT POINT W/ERROR: Access violation at 0x0054C1A0 (tried to read from0x0000000C),program terminated.

------Had to control-alt-delete out, showed game was running on 2 lines, had to highlite them both to get it to quit.
Looks like a pleasent game but the frustration is Not Pleasent !!!
Why when we un-install does a game remember everything, why does it not completely uninstall?
Wish BF Game Manager would show what build our games are.

Edited on 08/16/2010 at 12:15:55 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 16, 10 3:27 PM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are aware of the issues and are working really to get this fixed.

If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

bfgTigris

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Aug 17, 10 12:06 AM
sent a ticket with the attached DrFelix rar file

I assume I will have to read and flip a few useless did you try this emails but I am hoping you at LEAST get the referenced updated code to actually DL through the updater function.

Along with many others on mine it shows NO updates available to this game and DL and purchased it August 12th - well ahead of the release of the update

I give it my usual week - then expect a refund. A very VERY real shame as this game from playing morethan mid way through was quite lovely

lynnmx5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lynnmx5 on Aug 20, 10 12:15 PM
I downloaded after 14th and it has locked up on me too. Such a shame, I was enjoying this and don't feel like starting all over again just yet.
Maybe BF will do another new version soon

Go to: