bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 14, 10 9:00 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other [bNightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy[/b] players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support by clicking on the green envelope to the right, then clicking "Contact Us" on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy is here!

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 14, 10 10:25 AM
A well done game that appears to have no technical issues. I am impressed with the amount of thought that went into little details. Cleverly hidden objects, creepy surprises, perhaps a bit less challenging than Curse of the Opera, but it's surely keeping my interest. Mac players enjoy!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 14, 10 8:00 PM
Wondering if anyone else on a Mac had this issue:
When I received the generator manual, it started on the right hand page in my journal and then traveled out of the edge of the screen so that I could not read the right half of the manual. I was able to go to the walkthrough and get the info there - but in the screenshot there the manual started on the left hand page of the journal and finished on the right page.
Anyone?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 14, 10 8:05 PM
WilJul wrote:Wondering if anyone else on a Mac had this issue:
When I received the generator manual, it started on the right hand page in my journal and then traveled out of the edge of the screen so that I could not read the right half of the manual. I was able to go to the walkthrough and get the info there - but in the screenshot there the manual started on the left hand page of the journal and finished on the right page.
Anyone?

I did not experience this. I was getting an error message initially, but found out when I ejected the game off my desktop after copying it to my Applications folder, the file somehow got moved to the trash. Took it back out and it played fine after that.

Edit: Ok, I take that back. I'm replaying the game and after I solve the door in the game room, I get the same error message, same place. Should have c&p as I don't remember any of it now. Will try downloading again and see if it still happens.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 9:01:17 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 15, 10 10:26 AM
I have finished the game. I did not have either issue you described but I also encountered one glitch -- in the middle of a slider puzzle a Flash notice appeared (much too quickly to see the context) -- The game sputtered, the screen went to window mode, the game did not crash. I went to game options -- full screen was still checked. I unchecked it, checked it back, and the game was good to go like nothing happened.

At least it wasn't a fatal error.

[Post New]by Sadfish on Sep 18, 11 10:49 AM
Just posted this in the technical issues thread, but maybe some of you fellow mac'ers will know the solution to this problem?

"Hi! I just got Asylum Conspiracy as a gift from my bf. Been playing the past hour or so and got to the living quarters - now I can't get any further. I click on the door to the recreation room and my screen just turn darker. I click to go back to the corridor and it goes all black. I've tried to let it stand like that for a while to see if it would just take alot longer time than normally. Nothing happens and I just end up having to quit game. I've done this about 5 times so far. I really want to continue playing, I hope someone can help me! I'm playing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks in advance!"

<3

[Post New]by mspinky8 on Dec 28, 11 2:11 PM
Sadfish wrote:Just posted this in the technical issues thread, but maybe some of you fellow mac'ers will know the solution to this problem?

"Hi! I just got Asylum Conspiracy as a gift from my bf. Been playing the past hour or so and got to the living quarters - now I can't get any further. I click on the door to the recreation room and my screen just turn darker. I click to go back to the corridor and it goes all black. I've tried to let it stand like that for a while to see if it would just take alot longer time than normally. Nothing happens and I just end up having to quit game. I've done this about 5 times so far. I really want to continue playing, I hope someone can help me! I'm playing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks in advance!"

<3

I have the same problem big fish please help?!!!!!

[Post New]by gobblegobble123 on Mar 18, 12 10:24 AM
I'm having the same problem, anyone know how to fix it? I've repeated the game three times now and I'm fed up!!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 18, 12 1:12 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble with the Mac version of the game getting stuck in the living quarters I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that).

This won't lose your place in the game but it can help if the game is getting stuck in a scene. However if you're still having trouble after that I would just get in touch with Customer Support and one of our Reps would be happy to help out.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: