"Meh" Story

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Aug 14, 10 12:51 PM
Of course, that's just my opinion. The game itself is fun and relatively relaxing, and definitely worth the daily deal price.

I am just so nitpicky that things like this just bother me, like how the story is written. It kind of makes me laugh how it's trying to say so much in so few words and sound so eloquent... when it just doesn't.

The only reason I'm even saying it now is because I've seen it in so many games. If it can't be written well, then I'm not sure why it has to be included in a game that would otherwise look fabulous, well polished, and even.. sophisticated. (...Or something.)

Oh well. Guess we can't have everything we want in life.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 12:52:02 PM PST

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:"Meh" Story

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Jan 17, 12 5:39 PM
The story, to my way of thinking, is totally unnecessary to this game. It sounds as though someone started out to write a shiny-cover paperback novel and failed miserably. It adds nothing, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the game, which stands on its own and is a nice way to pass the time. The new "chapters" at the beginning of each level (a page and a half? A chapter? Really?) are a waste of time. They just interrupt the flow of the game.
I agree with MariposaMorada.....make the story advance the plot of the game or let it go unwritten!
Otherwise, this is a nice solitaire game with a rapid bonus round that provides some fun. Stay with a good idea, and don't try to make the game something it doesn't need to be.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:"Meh" Story

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 2, 12 2:33 PM
My question is, what's this thing about jumping from one relationship another? Don't these women ever just want to get to know themselves before even thinking about a new relationship?

A bit too sappy for me.

I want the second one but I sure hope they stray from same ol' same ol'

Go to: