[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 15, 10 12:11 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re: Amazing Heists: Dillinger - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 15, 10 1:53 AM
I've played 45 minutes of the demo so far, and I'm not really enjoying it. I decided I should come back later to look at the rest of the demo - maybe I'm just not in the right mood right now.

Straight HOG. The graphics are good, aside from the obvious making things green that are against a green background. The music is very Keystone Kops, which is appropriate I guess, but not so conducive to relaxed gameplay lol.

The theme of the game is you're robbing banks with Dillinger and his gang. The hidden object scenes are outside and inside the banks being robbed.

The good news is that there's like a couple dozen extra items at each bank you can look for - coin-like circles with the letters D I L L I N G E R on them, bank safe symbols, and a bunch of wanted posters. When you find any of these and click on them, the sound you get is that of a gunshot, which is different than the quieter sound when you click on an item on the hidden object list. And I didn't have any problem with the hints being adequate.

I guess for me this is a take it or leave it DD.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 15, 10 2:31 AM
This is a free game on another site...starts with "I"

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 15, 10 4:19 AM
This is a good game for a DD. Gameplay is relatively easy, objects not hard to find. I enjoyed the extra things you have to find in a scene such as coins and wanted posters.

The graphics are OK and the music is not bad. I don't care for the minigames, but then those can be annoying no matter what game you play.

I also don't like too much dialogue, which this has.

If you want to pass some time with a HOG that's pretty straightforward, doesn't have much in the way of animation but does have its moments of fun, then the low cost of a DD will give you a lot of enjoyable playtime.

jtreegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jtreegirl on Aug 15, 10 6:05 AM
I just played around 40 mins and that was all I could handle. I robbed two banks and figured the rest of the game would just follow suit.

Pros:
- The objects are pretty easy to find
- I really liked the bonus finds - I like those in any game.

Cons:
- The music was super annoying. Thankfully that can be turned down.
- A lot of dialogue but no real story. I really like storylines in my HOGs this was just a bunch of banter between robbers.
- Puzzles to get into the vault were way, way too easy and not at all a puzzle in my mind.
- Everything was very repetitive

All in all, try it out if you want but I wouldn't waste my 3 bucks on it.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 15, 10 11:53 AM
The mini-game that keeps the customers in the bank gets difficult. The time lengthens and the one robber that is set inside gets taken out. I've tried it four times now and can't get through it, I can't move fast enough. Frustrating.
Had my daughter do a coulple. Then I tried setting the helper robber to speed 2 and also tried to observe which routes were the heaviest traveled. I've done the last two myself.
Besides the banks, there is also the hideout to search, so that lengthens the game some. Searching for all the extra stuff and trying to maximize the use of the hints adds to the strategy of the game. I agree with another poster, I really don't like playing the part of the bad guys.
Just finished it. Satisfied with the ending.

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 2:02:54 PM PST

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 15, 10 3:11 PM
Not a bad game all in all, but not enough variety in the levels for me. Curiously enough I found a few things opposite to what some are saying. For the most part the objects weren't that to find, but though I don't mind objects cleverly well hidden, I do get frustrated at objects that are so "blurred" into the background, that you cannot distinguish what they are. I clicked on what I thought to be the African Statue, turned out to be the ice-cream scoop! Oh well, at least it was on the list! - lol. I found the dialogue to be corny yet hilarious at the same time. Mind you I clicked and read it through extremely quickly; maybe it "sounds" better that way. But all in all, I think I will pass on this one DD or not.

Go to: