bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 15, 10 2:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamma1102 on Aug 15, 10 6:52 AM
SnarkBusters gets to a certain point and stops, gives no more hints, and there are no more hidden objects. Worse game I ever played on Big Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diner524d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by diner524d on Aug 15, 10 12:06 PM
I am at the padlock minigame and had found the following 3 math equations:

4 + 2 = ?, 6 + 2 = ?(colored) and 7 - 4 = ?.

I have put in 6 , 8 , 3 and 3, 8 , 6 and neither combination works, so I think there is a problem with the game?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 15, 10 1:17 PM
Actually this post is about a problem I did *not* have... This is the first Alawar game I've played in the past couple months that did *not* freeze up during the demo hour. Whatever is different about this one, *hopefully* did the trick. But I'm not planning to buy this game to test that theory...

Even some of my old Alawar games that used to run fine are having problems - like The Treasures of Monezuma 2 (which now has some graphics problems around the cursor, so I shut it down fearing it will freeze up like the others).

I love Alawar games, so I do hope these problems I'm having get resolved somehow, with driver updates or somesuch. I've already been thru Alawar's tech support dept. trying to get Settlement: Colossus to run, and they just concluded I should find something else to play. Likewise Big Fish Games tech support as to that game.

[Post New]by Pattycakes38 on Aug 15, 10 1:35 PM
I am having the same problem with the padlock. Is this a glitch?

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Aug 15, 10 1:49 PM
I am having a problem with padlock as well, bummer..

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Aug 16, 10 5:16 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch but I see that someone else had the same problem and posted it. I cannot find one piece of the gramophone or the skull and the hint repeatedly takes me to the periscope but there is nothing left to click on there. I have the unicorn and have fed the parrot, I have done everything in the blog walkthrough. Earlier in the day, I started the game over because there seemed to be something wrong with the second chapter and the game played perfectly until the end of this one. I cannot bear to start it over again and really feel that it is a glitch, not a mistake on my part. Can you please let me know if there is something that needs to be corrected on the part of the programming? Thank you!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 16, 10 7:19 AM
I also have a problem: I am at the drawbridge, need part of the lion's head and whenever I press the hint button, it just flashes and does nothing, even when it is fully charged. Glitch or what? Anybody else?

[Post New]by cassglo on Aug 17, 10 5:23 AM
I too am having a problem with the combination lock that's connected to the rope on the floor. I have all 3 combination numbers 7-4 = 3, 8-6 = 2 and 2+3 = 5. 3,2 & 5 Not too hard, yet nothing is happening. Anyone out there have a solution to this problem???

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 17, 10 6:46 AM
cassglo, hi. Check the position of the papers with the combinations and guess which one is first, second and third. It was trial and error for me. Good luck!

[Post New]by why_so_serious on Aug 17, 10 8:58 PM
hi, cassglo. Your code 5 3 2.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 18, 10 8:08 PM
tried to download the trial twice and it won't do it - gives me an "has encountered an error and has to close" message. Ploo.

[Post New]by 1Ivygirl on Aug 19, 10 5:35 PM
HI, well I am stuck where I need a piece of the ladder ...... I may have done something out of order. when I request a hint ..... it keeps sending me to gong, the four gongs... which I do .... however nothing happens ...... I have been to the forum ... however, it justs keep telling me to repeat what I have done ............ the apples are sliced, I have my water bell ........ cant seem to do anything as I am missing pieces to proceed.

Any ideas?? Help Please!! Thank you!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Aug 19, 10 6:09 PM
The game will not work in full screen.

[Post New]by momsland on Aug 19, 10 9:11 PM
I'm at Chapter 5 working on the clock. Walkthrough says to keep trying the times but after approx 25 times, it still doesn't accept the times. Any idea's??

[Post New]by mahjkat on Aug 20, 10 12:09 PM
I am having the exact same issue as Romany with the last 2 pieces of the grammarphone and skull and hints say, go to periscope, but NOTHING!! Very frustating!!! Help...

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 20, 10 3:10 PM
Hey Fishies,

I was swimming by and thought I could offer some help. If you're having troubles with the game crashing, please check to see if your system is in need of any updates. This help article is a great resource:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're having troubles with playing the game in full screen, it's always helpful to check on your screen resolution settings.

Finally, if you're unable to progress in the game, be sure to check the walkthrough to make sure you haven't missed any steps. But if you're still unable to advance, please write into Tech Support with as much information as you can provide and they will be happy to assist you further!

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by sambrit10 on Aug 20, 10 9:08 PM
Reply to people having trouble with the PADLOCK (the one with the math problems). Look more carefully and you will see two "greater than" signs between the combination dials (> > . This is what indicates the numbers need to be put in descending order. It's not random or guesswork, but it is subtle.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Aug 20, 10 10:28 PM
When I did this padlock, you have a math problem on the left side, and one on the right side. The combination needs three numbers. The left math problem given will be the first number on the left side, the right side math problem will be the third number. Just add or subtract....which ever way it is written, the left problem and enter the answer as the first number, then do the same for the right side and enter the answer as the third number, then just click the middle number at random til the puzzle is solved. Ive played the game twice now, and that middle number has been 5 both times.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 21, 10 2:10 PM
I am playing the game under a different and at the last chapter in the vault. I have all 3 combination for the 3 small safes but the one that has the scale in it does not work. What is the problem?

Go to: