Re:Welcome to Cradle of Rome forum

[Post New]by spondulux on Nov 3, 08 3:55 PM
Hi, I agree, I love it too, but am stuck on level 51, Any advice on how to get through it, just doesn't give you a reasonable amount of time. I found the same thing with Cradle of Persia.

[Post New]by amluter on Nov 5, 08 9:11 PM
Any news about a new Cradle game? Love Rome and Persia and anxiously awaiting more, more, more! I've played them both all the way through several times.

[Post New]by beaniemeg on Dec 30, 08 7:31 AM
Does anyone know how to get the citizen for the fishing piers? I have played this game at least 5 times and can't seem to hit the right combination.

mwd1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mwd1 on Jan 7, 09 9:04 PM
According to a posting in another forum,the fisherman appears when you produce 3 consecutive 5-part combos after building the port. I haven't been able to do this yet, but would be interested to hear if the formula works.

Arkena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Arkena on Jan 25, 09 3:26 AM
I had a blast with this online any plans for a Mac version?

[Post New]by annabelny on Apr 1, 09 12:54 PM
I haven't gotten the fisherman either; not sure about the directions.

Edited on 04/03/2009 at 4:50:12 AM PST

[Post New]by janeword on Apr 9, 09 2:57 PM
I have never been able to get the miller--15 effective blows-- and I think my game is defective.

does anyone know how to make the page bigger

[Post New]by suziebinxs on Apr 11, 09 8:45 AM
does anyone know how to make the page bigger, it was working fine but i had a problem with my laptop and had to reset it and reload cradle of rome, i have tried to change the resolution and various other things, but nothing has worked. i'm pulling my hair out please anyone HELP!

[Post New]by bitg05 on May 30, 09 1:51 PM
how do I find the profile file in cradle of room that I have to change in order to cheat

jdfan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jdfan on Jun 6, 09 6:39 AM
I have both Cradle of Rome and Cradle of Persia. Cradle of Persia works great, but whenever I get past the 1st stage in Cradle of Rome, my computer puts up a Driver Error, and my computer then needs to be rebooted. Is this a common problem?

jcdgl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jcdgl on Jul 12, 09 10:27 AM
janeword wrote:I have never been able to get the miller--15 effective blows-- and I think my game is defective.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jul 12, 09 10:43 AM
Hi all! It looks like there are lots of first time posters here asking questions that no one answered. So sorry about that. Sometimes we get yapping in Chit Chat Corner that we forget about the games entirely.

So let me see if I can help.

JDFAN - no, this is not a common problem. Sounds like your game is corrupted. You should contact Customer Support. If they can't fix it they will offer you a game credit as compensation.

Janeword & Jcdgl - I don't know if this means your game is defective. I was able to get through the entire game without too much trouble. Of course I played some of the later levels multiple times, but everything they ask of you is doable. It's possible your user profile got corrupted. You could certainly contact Customer Support for help. Their first response will be to refer you to the forums so make sure you let them know you've already been here and that you believe the problem is a technical one, rather than a gameplay issue.

As for everyone else who we have shamefully ignored - here are some good general tips.

This game definitely gets harder but it's absolutely do-able. You need to build bonuses as fast as you can. Wherever possible, don't leave a level without filling up all the bonuses you can. Usually you can get to where one match will finish the level. If you have time, hold off on that and match elsewhere on the board to fill your bonuses. This pays off well in later levels.

When you get to the harder levels, use your bonuses early and often. Try to use only those bonuses you can fill on that level.

Always match from the bottom first. That way additional matches will occur spontaneously in the new tiles falling down from the top.

Trust me. This game (and Cradle of Persia, for that matter) can absolutely be finished. It isn't easy, but it's definitely fun!

Oh, and welcome to the Pond all!

[Post New]by yayasgames on Jul 13, 09 1:05 AM
spondulux wrote:Hi, I agree, I love it too, but am stuck on level 51, Any advice on how to get through it, just doesn't give you a reasonable amount of time. I found the same thing with Cradle of Persia.

[Post New]by yayasgames on Jul 13, 09 1:06 AM
i am stuck on level 51 and several times, just seems like i just go round and round. any suggestions on how to finish this????!!!!! My OCD wont let me quit!!!!!!

jcdgl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jcdgl on Jul 13, 09 12:23 PM
SublimeOne wrote:Hi all! It looks like there are lots of first time posters here asking questions that no one answered. So sorry about that. Sometimes we get yapping in Chit Chat Corner that we forget about the games entirely.

So let me see if I can help.

JDFAN - no, this is not a common problem. Sounds like your game is corrupted. You should contact Customer Support. If they can't fix it they will offer you a game credit as compensation.

Janeword & Jcdgl - I don't know if this means your game is defective. I was able to get through the entire game without too much trouble. Of course I played some of the later levels multiple times, but everything they ask of you is doable. It's possible your user profile got corrupted. You could certainly contact Customer Support for help. Their first response will be to refer you to the forums so make sure you let them know you've already been here and that you believe the problem is a technical one, rather than a gameplay issue.

As for everyone else who we have shamefully ignored - here are some good general tips.

This game definitely gets harder but it's absolutely do-able. You need to build bonuses as fast as you can. Wherever possible, don't leave a level without filling up all the bonuses you can. Usually you can get to where one match will finish the level. If you have time, hold off on that and match elsewhere on the board to fill your bonuses. This pays off well in later levels.

When you get to the harder levels, use your bonuses early and often. Try to use only those bonuses you can fill on that level.

Always match from the bottom first. That way additional matches will occur spontaneously in the new tiles falling down from the top.

Trust me. This game (and Cradle of Persia, for that matter) can absolutely be finished. It isn't easy, but it's definitely fun!

Oh, and welcome to the Pond all!

thank you for answering yes i am new at posting but just want to get the miller and the fisherman. i get the 15 matches for the miller but if you get one that does not break a block do you have to start all over again i just can't get him

[Post New]by Sugarbear01 on Jul 24, 09 6:10 PM
This game is simply too difficult. I am a casual player seeking an hour or so of relaxation after a trying day. I have attemted level 51 at least 20 times and cannot get past it. I've attempted to follow the "cheat" instructions and cannot find the profile to edit. I wish I have never bought this game.

Jammie37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jammie37 on Aug 1, 09 2:22 AM
HOW TO GET A MILLER
Hi, I'm new to the pond, too. I really liked Cradle of Persia, so I decided to try 'Cra-o-Ro'. (The nerd side of me really likes the history, too. I love ancient Greek and Roman history.) Anyway... the miller can be gotten after 15 successful breaks of a tile. I did it the first time without knowing that was what you had to do. Cool! but there is a trick to it!! You have to play so fast that you start the next break before the last one is finished, think ahead. REALLY FAST!. I tried this about 6 times and only got him again once more.

(STOP SPOILER NOTE!!!

The miller is different - he jumps out from behind the haystack and isn't on the screen the whole time, so you may miss him at first.)

OK - YOU CAN READ SAFELY AGAIN
Level 61 is very tricky. I have done it several times. Try to have some bonuses saved from previous levels*. A bomb, star, and/or lighting bolt are the best. Then try to play it with any of these bonuses being used for that level. Use the level 61 bonus up as fast as you get one (save the others for later in the level), and try to do the lower left hand corner first, then work the right side from top to bottom - I usually end at the bottom center. Save the extra bonuses for when you are getting close to the end, but remember to watch the timer. It is almost impossible to get the later levels without more than one bonus. GOOD LUCK! It is do-able without too much hair pulling. If you play this game to relax, click on 'menu' every once in a while to calm down and breathe for a sec. Ha! It's a Zen thing.

*Do as the above writer said: Get to the end of the level when you have just one tile left to break; line it up ready to break with only one move; then go around the board breaking more tiles of the bonus until you get it filled. (only if you have enough time) then finish your last tile and you'll have a bonus for the next level.

Have FUN, that's what it is for. Jammie : )

Jammie37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jammie37 on Aug 1, 09 2:25 AM
Oh, I forgot to see if I could answer your question about 51. Which one is it - I'll try to help you with it? Jammie -

[Post New]by librarian666 on Aug 22, 09 2:39 PM
Love Cradle of Rome. Cradle of Persia not so much. How about a 3rd Cradle (maybe Egypt) that is match 3 like Rome with power ups of Persia.

Losing levels?

[Post New]by MrsWolfie09 on Sep 17, 09 1:19 PM
Hello all!!

I was at Level 51 and lost

But, instead of just starting that arena over, the game knocked me all the way back down to Merchant (meaning, it took my buildings away instead of just the port like I thought it would do).

Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my game?

Thanks for your help.. first time poster here!!

Go to: