[Post New]by Anniejo on Nov 8, 08 11:37 AM
No, where did you find it?

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

Re:Alabama Steve... !

[Post New]by SSmitty on Nov 8, 08 11:57 AM
Just finished the game, it is good! Not overly long or difficult, on the order of Mushroom Age. Has some replayability, with both modes. Mini-games in casual mode also. Haven't done the expert mode yet, but plan on doing it this evening sometime. Think most will like it.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Nov 8, 08 12:09 PM
Just read about it on another thread (New HO Game)..downloading now.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 1:16 PM
SSmitty wrote:Just finished the game, it is good! Not overly long or difficult, on the order of Mushroom Age. Has some replayability, with both modes. Mini-games in casual mode also. Haven't done the expert mode yet, but plan on doing it this evening sometime. Think most will like it.

Really?- I got as far at setting off the sprinklers...how much more after that? I was playing expert mode if that makes a difference

Edited on 11/08/2008 at 1:16:46 PM PST

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Nov 8, 08 1:32 PM
I played this demo last night, really enjoyed it. But I don't think I'll buy it unless BF gets it - I'm just too cheap.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 8, 08 2:50 PM
I just played the demo of the game - I LOVE it. I sure hope BFG will have it soon.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 2:59 PM
giggyann wrote:Okay now I really feel like a dunce. I just posted on the thread new **** game.
Can anyone help me.

get very far at all. I am feeling a bit of a dunce. I am in the room with the hole with water and the steam pipe etc.
So far I ve fixed the pipe opened the window and crashed into the next room. I have the bottle but can't open the drawers. I found the ledger with numbers???? Or the box that is supposed to light up. The one on the floor in the doorway.
Can anyone help?
I'll wait till gets it but just want to finish the demo. help
giggyann

compare the ledger to the list on the wall. Find the monthe that the candles were delivered and use that months code to open the file cabinets

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by dussgemma on Nov 8, 08 3:30 PM
Is it a HO or TM....Or something else?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 3:46 PM
It's HO and you can find the link at gamezebo

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Nov 8, 08 3:47 PM
dussgemma wrote:Is it a HO or TM....Or something else?

Sort of both. Some else can explain it better but I'll try. It is one of those that you find things and use them to fix, break or whatever to keep moving on. It looks really fun.
giggyann

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Nov 8, 08 4:13 PM
just tried a bit of the demo and liked it enough that I will wait for it to come to BFG before I go any further. Took me back a bit when during the dialog nothing moved but the eyes blinking.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Nov 8, 08 4:22 PM
LOL I'll have to get this game! I live in alabama and my husband's name is Steve!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 8, 08 5:52 PM
Celeryhart - your brain did a bit of a mashup with todays game at Big Fish (Steve the Sheriff) - the game is actually called Alabama Smith in Escape from Pompeii. It's a reeeeeally good game imo. I think we need a new term for this sort of game, because yes, you are finding objecyts, but they are to solve adventure game type puzzles - add this to that to make something happen, not just finding random objects from a list in a location.

I LOVED this one and it will be all I can do to sit on my hands and not order it full price.

Pleeeeeeease oh Grand Poobah Fishies, make the deal for this one and offer it to the pond.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 8, 08 6:07 PM
I thought it was Smith, because it's a play on Indiana Jones!

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Nov 8, 08 6:18 PM
giggyann:
prpldva:

Posted a couple of answers over on the other thread.

prpldva: You are already in ancient Pompeii?, so maybe you are just over half way. I got so involved in the whole game, that I'm just not real sure.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 8, 08 6:36 PM
GeeBee wrote:Sounds really good - didn't see where we can demo it....Can someone let me know - you can PM me if you want.

Gee

It's over at Alawar's website. Hopefully we will get it here sooooon.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 8, 08 7:33 PM
SSmitty wrote:giggyann:
prpldva:

Posted a couple of answers over on the other thread.

prpldva: You are already in ancient Pompeii?, so maybe you are just over half way. I got so involved in the whole game, that I'm just not real sure.

Thanks- I was hoping you would tell me that it was almost over..now I HAVE to buy it!

[Post New]by stuck_ongames on Nov 8, 08 8:08 PM
I loved (love this game) till I got to the part where you had to move the cursor around the mazes with a magnet attached. i did fine on the first one, then used the rest of my free trial on the 2nd and never did get past it

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 8, 08 9:03 PM
OH.. Poodlebear... you are right.. I screwed up the name....LOL.. OH dear.. so many games.. so few brain cells..

Well ya'll seemed to know what I was talking about ... so I guess that makes us all a bit "off" eh....LOL..
It was a good game though eh...?
Yes.. we do need a new name for these games.. personally I call them my HO Plus games... but this one doesn't exactly have any hidden objects listed...
My hour demo went so fast.. I want this game...

PLEASE BF.. GET IT SOON.. !

Okay.. now this makes 3 games I must get... I hope BF is going to get 2 of them at least..
Return to Ravenhurst... the new Mortimer.. and Alabama Smith.. ( or Steve if you prefer...LOL )

[Post New]by gaturrina11 on Dec 15, 08 1:04 PM
Hello Everybody! I am blocked in the room of the safe .I found 11 guardians, 18 prisoners cells and 63 prisoners.
Is that correct? How can introduce this in the safe? Please, please, help. If the answer could be in Spanish it wouldbe wonderful.

Go to: