bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Chime Spirits technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 16, 10 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Chime Spirits technical issues here only

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Aug 16, 10 3:06 PM
The only problem I had was, when I exited the game, it said I had 31 minutes left, when I only played for about 5! The reason, as I found out was, when I exited the game (by the menu), the game actually remained in memory, never releasing it, and thus accumulating "time".

I have a problem with that, and a big one. (but that's just me). So much for testing it further.

Until this is fixed, I will definitely NOT buy it, maybe after, as a DD.
Ladybug addict

note, I'm not the only one with this problem. see other posts. this is NOT good.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Aug 16, 10 3:10 PM
The only problem I had was, when I exited the game, it said I had 31 minutes left, when I only played for about 5! The reason, as I found out was, when I exited the game (by the menu), the game actually remained in memory, never releasing it, and thus accumulating "time".

I have a problem with that, and a big one. (but that's just me). So much for testing it further.

Until this is fixed, I will definitely NOT buy it, maybe after, as a DD.
Ladybug addict
not the only one with this problem btw.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 16, 10 3:13 PM
for some reason i had a windows error message upon exiting the game - saying that it did not run properly - ??? it said it would correct the problem and the game should run properly after that, but i had no problem with it... wonder if it's the game or system that's feeling a little glitchy today...

[Post New]by katbanshee1 on Aug 16, 10 7:29 PM
Here's a new one for you... I can't seem to get past the profiles to even get into the game. I put my profile name in, click okay (which doesn't make a sound - it is dead), and absolutely nothing happens. It just sits there playing its music. I click the back button, it makes a noise like it doesn't want to go back because I haven't finished. I click the next button, same thing. I have to exit the game with Ctrl+Alt+Del. I am running WXP. From the sound of the reviews, though, it doesn't sound like I am missing much...

[Post New]by shalshep on Aug 17, 10 7:13 AM
same exact thin happens to me!! I cant get past the first page. SO do I erase it and try and start over?

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Aug 17, 10 3:32 PM
Me too. I can't get past the Shakespeare quote on the second 'page'. The 'arrow' is dead.

I re-installed it twice, but had the same problem both times.
Jo

[Post New]by katbanshee1 on Aug 17, 10 8:46 PM
Hey, Jo. I reinstalled it twice, too, and I still couldn't get it to work. So, for the rest of you fishies, it didn't work for two of us, so far.

[Post New]by LAMBO7 on Aug 18, 10 5:51 AM
The same things happened to me and i've reinstalled it too. I don't know what the trouble is with this game but I don't feel like a want to bother with it now.So make that three Jo

[Post New]by rubylady on Aug 18, 10 12:18 PM
Same problem here, I am running Windows 7 and can't get past the first screen after the Shakespeare quote, darn, this looks like a game I could be interested in. Hope Big Fish comes through with a fix for it.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 18, 10 12:36 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like many of you are having troubles getting past the first and second page of the game. You can check to see if your system may need any updates by taking a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already updated these components, please write into Tech Support for more help and it'd be great if you could include the steps you've already been able to take and any specific error messages (or include a screenshot of the frozen screen if possible).

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: