mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Same game....again?

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on Aug 18, 10 3:15 AM
I haven't even downloaded the demo, because just the screen shots look like your doing/making the same things as in the last, what? 4 Farm Frenzys? I love this game, but am getting tired of the same old same old???

micandra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Same game....again?

[Post New]by micandra on Aug 18, 10 8:30 AM
There's more than 4. Let's see, there's the first. The second one, Pizza Frenzy, the one with multi farms, Ice Age, Russian Roulette, and now this one. At least three are
Farm Frenzy 3.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Aug 18, 10 2:00 PM
You had Farm Frenzy 1 and Farm Frenzy 2, and then the Pizza Party which was a spinoff from FF2... can't remember if there were more than one spinoff from that game.

This game is actually the fourth spinoff from the original Farm Frenzy 3, which was the one with 4 different farms. Now we've had spinoffs from each of these 4 farms - American Pie, Ice Age (North Pole), Russian Roulette and this one from Madagaskar - so at least they can't make yet another spinoff... :p
That makes it a total of five FF3 versions.

The FF concept in itself is so good that we still keep buying them even after so many versions of the same old, same old..... but on the Russian Roulette forum we had a brainstorming thread suggesting new and original types of farms and animals, like ocean floor or outer space, to get some excitement back into the game.

I wish that the developers will give us something new, shiny and original for Farm Frenzy 4. There are limits to how many times you can milk a success without bringing anything new into it, even with an excellent game concept like this one.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 2:03:59 PM PST

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Aug 18, 10 5:42 PM
I bought this game from alawar a couple weeks ago. It is kind of the same old, but may be different at the end. I loved lauching rockets and ice age (santa claus). and american pie (robots).

I quickly jumped on this at alawar because I am getting sick of all the HOG games. If only Bigfish would have got it quicker I would have got it from them. Yes, I know that is probably not Bigfish's fault since it is an Alawar game.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 5:45:27 PM PST

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Aug 19, 10 2:55 PM
Yes, it's essentially the same old game, with just a few minor tweaks. DEVELOPERS: where's your creativity??? This format has so many great options (different animals/mammals/products/settings etc) -- yet here we are again with not-so-cute Scarlett and a really bad narrative. Very disappointing.....

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Aug 20, 10 5:19 AM
Oh, thank God! I thought I was the only one to say, "Another Farm Frenzy???" I bought all of the other ones, and it got to the point on the last one that I hated the game until it got beyond collecting the damned eggs and onto the thing that made it different from the other ones. It's gotten boring!

I LOVE TM games, and am tired of the HOGs I keep seeing (except Snark Busters, which was more of a puzzle than anything else, and was hysterical)...but developers, do something different than the same, tired format. Either that, or cut back on the preliminary levels and just give us the harder objects to accomplish after the 5th or 10th level instead of the 50th.

princessputter
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by princessputter on Aug 20, 10 5:36 AM
I bought it too from big fish.. although some sites had it sooner... I agree it feels like its the same.. but not in a bad way.. the challenges are.. well challenging.. its not so easy you get bored.. I always strive for gold!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 20, 10 12:58 PM
I wish also the developer would make finally Farm Frenzy 4. I am bored about all the sequels for Farm Frenzy 3.

Brela
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brela on Aug 20, 10 3:36 PM
I am finding this one much more difficult than the first 3.

Go to: