bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 14, 09 4:02 AM
love this game but am stuck fast on "bonking the trolls" they are just too quick!! any one know a way to get round them

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 14, 09 5:57 AM
bradalex wrote:love this game but am stuck fast on "bonking the trolls" they are just too quick!! any one know a way to get round them

Hi Bradalex- welcome to the forums!

Make sure not to hit the red ones- they deduct points!

If you need additional help- please look in the topic thread for the area you are stuck in.

DeeItsMe
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by DeeItsMe on Jan 14, 09 7:44 AM
bradalex wrote:
love this game but am stuck fast on "bonking the trolls" they are just too quick!! any one know a way to get round them

( a wee secret I use ... keep your 'bonker' in the middle of the troll play area. Makes it easier to react when they pop up)

[Post New]by mollyopo on Jan 14, 09 9:21 AM
Great fun, challenging puzzles. Good combination so you don't get bored doing only hidden items searches. Great graphics and sound effects. Hours of fun.

[Post New]by adultchat on Jan 14, 09 10:16 AM
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH!...THE BEST H.O. GAME EVER...BETTER YET...THE BEST "GAME" EVER.....I LOVE HOW IT REALLY MADE YOU THINK...F-A-B-U-LO-U-S...WELL DONE!!!....BRING US MORE!!!!...PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

[Post New]by ancientgirl on Jan 14, 09 10:36 AM
i am 73 yrs old .i dont know how long it took me to complete this epic thriller .but it was fantastic .enjoyed every minute of it .was sorry when i completed it .wanted it to go on and on .please give us more like this ,the makers are geniuses please give us more like it .beatrice alias bonnie

[Post New]by allcats on Jan 14, 09 10:58 AM
This is a wonderful, wonderful game. I can't say enough good things. Just to put my remarks in perspective, I'm a 65 year old gamer and your games keep me young. The detail is beautiful; the puzzles are challenging but most are not too hard--and if they are, they can be skipped. I love that nothing is timed, although I have enjoyed timed puzzles in other games. Finally, the many branches that the game takes make the adventure aspect wildly intriguing. Please, please design another game like this one.

[Post New]by EarthGirl on Jan 14, 09 11:12 AM
This game was such a challenge and it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. It became a love-hate relationship for me every time I was stuck. However, I loved every minute of it! All the twist, turns and location of the rooms in the manor was interesting. You had to go all over the house and back to accomplish a goal. I probably would have never finished this game if it wasn't for the forums. I certainly hope you continue to make more games challenging like this one. But not so difficult that you can't complete it. If not for the forums or walkthroughs, I don't think many people would be able to complete the game.

I wonder if there will be a sequel 3 since we don't really know what happened to Victor in the end. Hmmmm

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by joishere on Jan 14, 09 11:52 AM
bfgErie wrote:I'm just creating this thread so folks can use it to post their comments about the game. What did you love? What didn't you love? Other users would love to hear your comments and we would too!

Be sure to only post comments about the game here. If you have a question about a puzzle in a particular location, please find the thread for that location and post your question there. Remember, each location in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst has its own individual discussion thread in this forum.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 01/14/2009 at 11:53:57 AM PST

[Post New]by mairzie5 on Jan 14, 09 1:14 PM
Just finished the game and all I can say is WOW! I loved the combination of HO's and puzzles. Can anyone recommend a similar game?

vkbaker
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by vkbaker on Jan 14, 09 7:11 PM
The absolute best game I've ever played! I got so hooked I did nothing else Saturday! The art work was outstanding, the puzzles were challenging, the hidden objects well hidden! I loved the layout of the mansion and grounds. I can't say enough about it and will recommend it to anyone who might like games. The only problem is that it has raised the bar for all other games!

[Post New]by lgosnell99 on Jan 14, 09 8:55 PM
jewel hearts. I too cannot find all the hearts, and yes I have visited and revisited the sparkle lights areas, only problem is, there are now no sparkle light areas, and am missing 1 heart. help!!

Chaikhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Chaikhe on Jan 14, 09 9:03 PM

Loved it loved it loved it - absolutely the best yet; and my mother was *so* happy that the puzzles weren't timed, she bought the game and loves it also!

Gold star for not having it timed!

[Post New]by annieimac on Jan 14, 09 10:11 PM
This was an absolutely brilliant game. Lots of puzzles and it seemed to never end. More like it please.

[Post New]by janatony on Jan 15, 09 4:40 AM
how do you light ALL the lights?//

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 15, 09 5:40 AM
janatony wrote:****w do you light ALL the lights?//

Hi Janatony- welcome to the forums!

Please see this topic for the solution:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/17931.page#331940

[Post New]by bigand on Jan 15, 09 6:10 AM
Absolutely fantastic. The best of the Mystery Case Files - so far! I have enjoyed them all BUT this one - WOW. Kept me amused for hours (very difficult to do normally!). Fabulous puzzles and games in between the search for objects. I had to think really hard for some but managed it.

However, I am now sad - why? - because I have finished it!

[Post New]by juliettepotter on Jan 15, 09 9:33 AM
Great game!!!! The best among others MCF i think... I always like BigFish MCF games, but this one sooooooo fantastic! Great job bigfish! Waiting for this kind games again...

Edited on 01/15/2009 at 9:36:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Elley0506 on Jan 15, 09 12:46 PM
I loved this game so much i want to buy it but i don't want to buy games that will take me one day to finish can anyone tell me how long it took them to finish thier game thanks.

[Post New]by shylady1006 on Jan 15, 09 1:36 PM
This is a really great game. The graphics are fabulous. The puzzles are sometimes tough and require a lot of thinking. But it is a game you can play again and again. I finished the game once and am going back through a 2nd time. Really great addition to the Mystery Case Files series.

Go to: