bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 15, 14 10:09 AM
Hello All,

I wanted to let you know that we're still working hard to resolve the crashing issues. This is a top priority and we hope to have a fix out soon.

To let you know, the Collect All buttons should be working properly now.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by KateBridge01 on Jan 15, 14 11:28 PM
A new problem just occurred. Bought a day of 2 x silver this morning and it is gone now - showed 14 hrs left before crash and now there is nothing. Playing as Dark Manor- 1364162, please help .....

cugie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cugie on Jan 16, 14 1:01 PM
Just updated my ipad with the latest update but the crashing is still happening when visiting neighbors. The first couple worked without crashing.

cugie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cugie on Jan 16, 14 1:03 PM
KateBridge01 wrote:A new problem just occurred. Bought a day of 2 x silver this morning and it is gone now - showed 14 hrs left before crash and now there is nothing. Playing as Dark Manor- 1364162, please help .....

Kateridge at the bottom of the web page is customer service. They can help you

[Post New]by Kaybaybee1 on Jan 16, 14 1:32 PM
Ever since you did a new update circa Jan. 13 2014, my game force closes after loading most of the time. Also why did you get rid of the extra quests?

[Post New]by litlbitart on Jan 17, 14 9:24 AM
When will the crashes stop when visiting neighbors.. this has been going on since the 13th or longer. I find I'm playing the game less and less because I can't get more energy points besides the 50 that slowly build up and if I don't have energy, I can't play games. I have exhausted it all. I need it from my neighbor visits. I've done everything technical from this end and its a glitch on your side since the last update. Please help.. I really want to continue the game. Also I had some energy up to 90 about 2 times and after playing once, a spin, then hitting play again and a spin, it was all gone except 6 points. By my calculations I should have only used 34 of the 90. Its all premium now to be able to get any energy to enjoy playing the HOG's. Is there anyway to back up and take the last update off?.. for me to do that is. Ipod Touch. I can do that on my apps on android. Anyone know.?
Thanks
Terripin manor

klevy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by klevy on Jan 17, 14 2:02 PM
Crashing is now not isolated to neighbor visits. I had just gotten back into the game after a crash and was about to collect juju. Crashed before I even got that far. I'm trying to do the scavenger hunt and need to be able to visit neighbors to get energy. I can usually get about three or four before it crashes, but this time it has crashed three times before I can even get one neighbor visited.

[Post New]by Jopreston on Jan 17, 14 7:46 PM
I have entirely lost my game and am back at the beginning. Is there anyway that I can get back to the level that I was. My mansion was Chateau du Louisiane. I am very unhappy and will not replay!

Thanks glider!
Joanne

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 7:35:07 AM PST

Cglider
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Jan 17, 14 8:41 PM
Joanne, if you play though Facebook, click on the icon at the bottom of the screen that is marked " load from a different device" and it should restore your game. If you don't play through Facebook you will have to contact Customer Support using the link at the bottom of this page. They will need your manor name and manor number.

Good gaming. P.S. It will take some time for customer support to get back to you, so be patient if you have to go that route. They are, however, very nice and helpful.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 7:42:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Terrydm56 on Jan 18, 14 3:38 AM
How can you find your manor number?

Epiphyte
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Epiphyte on Jan 18, 14 4:24 AM
Terrydm56 wrote:How can you find your manor number?

Check "Options" (top right on my iPad, not sure about PC) and you should see "Playing as..."

[Post New]by Shea333 on Jan 18, 14 8:58 AM
Game is great but I have encountered two issues since the recent update in January 2014. First issue is with the neighbors and it occurs whether I've collected my daily amount for visiting a neighbor or if I want to go back in and play the free game on a neighbor. I click on the neighbor and the screen looks like it is going to open and then it kicks me out of the game completely (app closes and I have to restart). Sometimes it kicks you out on every neighbor and other times you can visit several and then it kicks you out. This issue is very annoying and time consuming and has me close to not playing anymore until it's fixed.

Second issue occurred last night when I purchased some extra energy with one of your sales. I used gold bars to purchase 30 energies for 2 gold bars each x 4 for 8 gold bars. It took the 8 gold bars and then when I was finished playing i noticed that it took an additional 8 gold bars and another 5 again this morning. So I have now used 19 gold bars for what you said was only going to be 8 and I'm concerned that if I play anymore today or in the future my gold bars will continue to disappear.

My friend also plays this game and is encountering the exact same issues that I described above and I know we can't be the only two experiencing them.

[Post New]by MamaCoop67 on Jan 18, 14 9:46 AM
Hello,

I am so enjoying this game! However, since the latest update I get kicked out of the game CONSTANTLY, very FRUSTRATING! I am on my iPad 4, is anyone else having this issue? I have followed the instructions, making sure I'm not low on battery, all other apps closed and restarted the iPad. I will be going to neighbors to collect energy and kicked out, I will be going to collect from the Tesla Coil...kicked out....doesn't matter. Trying to go back to mansion after completing a scene...kicked out....please help!!!! Thanks for the game!!

[Post New]by GreenKnowes on Jan 18, 14 10:07 AM
I am on iPad 4 and I am also having problems with the game crashing. There is no one specific event that causes the crash. Each crash is unexpected and its constant. I can be collecting silver and the game crashes. I can hit a scene to play, it takes my energy and the game crashes, I finish a scene, the doors close, and the game crashes, I go to collect my gifts, hit the neighbors button and the game crashes. I enter the game to play, the main page comes up, and the game crashes.

There is the collecting problem. Silver and juju is not being totaled correctly by the game, I never received my gold for buying the four stone items, and... let me think here.. charging us 2 gold bars to change the game playing format is just sneaky and stinky, A person doesn't even see that it costs energy and gold bars until you realize your gold level is down.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 10:07:53 AM PST

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Jan 18, 14 10:09 AM
MamaCoop67 wrote:Hello,

I am so enjoying this game! However, since the latest update I get kicked out of the game CONSTANTLY, very FRUSTRATING! I am on my iPad 4, is anyone else having this issue? I have followed the instructions, making sure I'm not low on battery, all other apps closed and restarted the iPad. I will be going to neighbors to collect energy and kicked out, I will be going to collect from the Tesla Coil...kicked out....doesn't matter. Trying to go back to mansion after completing a scene...kicked out....please help!!!! Thanks for the game!!

The only other thing I can think of is how much of the storage you are using on your iPad. When you get close to using all of your storage things can run slow or not work correctly. You can check your storage usage by: Settings->General->Usage

Top left will show you how much space is available and the top right shows how much is used. If the available space isn't very much then you need to remove some apps. If you give it long enough it will list each app and how much each is using. That way if you need more space you can remove some high usage apps that maybe you don't use much anymore.

I'm playing on an iPad Air with plenty of free space and while I have had more crashes since the update it's not unusable.

I hope something helps get you back to playing soon.

Potters Cottage

Imajica83
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Imajica83 on Jan 18, 14 1:52 PM
+1 affected by crashing, and sometimes can't even get past welcome screen. Hope to see a fix soon

[Post New]by Shea333 on Jan 18, 14 4:19 PM
Playing as Dark Manor 1761029 and I am continuing to lose gold bars every time I play after purchasing energy via a sale last night. I started with 169 gold bars, used 8 to buy some energy and I am now at 138 bars. It seems like every time I get full energy and play I get dinged more gold bars. Doesn't really encourage me to play!!!

Kappy528
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Kappy528 on Jan 18, 14 4:56 PM
Shea333 wrote:Playing as Dark Manor 1761029 and I am continuing to lose gold bars every time I play after purchasing energy via a sale last night. I started with 169 gold bars, used 8 to buy some energy and I am now at 138 bars. It seems like every time I get full energy and play I get dinged more gold bars. Doesn't really encourage me to play!!!

Are you selecting a different mode when you are playing HO? If you select a different mode, you use 2 gold bars.

[Post New]by tracyf212 on Jan 18, 14 10:10 PM
I'm trying to do the scavenger hunt but any time I find any of the items, my progress isn't saved. Is this happening to everyone or just me. I'm playing on iPhone 5 and have force quit the game and restarted the phone but neither have helped.

[Post New]by Stacyp333 on Jan 18, 14 10:53 PM
Playing as Dark Manor-1761744. Bought gold on the sale and am getting dinged for extra gold bars. Bought two 30 energies for the special price of 4 but I got charged 8. This happened twice. Then I played two HO puzzles and 4 more of my gold bars were taken away. This really is not a sale if I end up paying extra! My gold bars are going away every time I play a HO puzzle. I started with 193 and I am now down to 173.

Go to: