Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by mikeybee21 on Feb 26, 10 5:06 AM
Awesome Game
http://decisiononesolutions.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=eda63faf7d260d2fe98c11eac&id=87e3c8b67c

[Post New]by BRIANRG on Feb 26, 10 12:05 PM
How do you get the morphines to work ????????

[Post New]by newcitygirl on Feb 26, 10 2:49 PM
hi,
been through the house. can't open the garage, can't open the boat house. went back to the car but won't start. what's next. help!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 26, 10 2:51 PM
As this is a comments thread you're unlikely to get any help here as it would be a spoiler for someone who hasn't played the game. Please click on the Create New Discussion icon in the forum and request help that way.

[Post New]by msfixit919 on Feb 26, 10 10:03 PM
This is by far my favorite of all the hidden object games. I have been on BFG for just a few months and I am recomending it to every one I know. This game took me 9 hours and it made me jump several times. BIG

[Post New]by msfixit919 on Feb 26, 10 10:48 PM
BTW is there a use for the snow use? I got the regular game, finished it and never got to ust the snow shoes.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 27, 10 5:59 AM
msfixit919 wrote:BTW is there a use for the snow use? I got the regular game, finished it and never got to ust the snow shoes.

Yes. For the answer please go to the game's forum and check out one of the more than 100.000 threads asking this question.

[Post New]by JoanRN on Feb 27, 10 11:58 AM
If anyone out there knows about a game as outstanding as Dire Grove, please share that info. We've always played hidden object games, love Big Fish!, but now having a hard time finding one in the same genre as Dire Grove. The concept of "solving mysteries" and story lines are readily available in many games of this type, but, now these games are not challenging enough....definitely looking for a game of this calibur. In the "try this game" mode, we once found a game, maybe about a detective??, where a gas station was on fire, and you had to use strategy to put out the fire , including finding a way to turn on water, etc. We cannot remember the name of this game, and now would like to give it a second look, as well as any other game recommended in this forum. Please, please, am definitely in need of another game like Dire Grove. Thank you all very much.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 27, 10 12:05 PM
JoanRN wrote:If anyone out there knows about a game as outstanding as Dire Grove, please share that info. We've always played hidden object games, love Big Fish!, but now having a hard time finding one in the same genre as Dire Grove. The concept of "solving mysteries" and story lines are readily available in many games of this type, but, now these games are not challenging enough....definitely looking for a game of this calibur. In the "try this game" mode, we once found a game, maybe about a detective??, where a gas station was on fire, and you had to use strategy to put out the fire , including finding a way to turn on water, etc. We cannot remember the name of this game, and now would like to give it a second look, as well as any other game recommended in this forum. Please, please, am definitely in need of another game like Dire Grove. Thank you all very much.

Welcome to the Pond, Joan. Your game sounds like Escape the Museum 2.

[Post New]by porter1978 on Feb 27, 10 7:12 PM
LOVED THIS GAME. This was the first time I've bouth a collector's edition game and was very impressed with it. Exspecially how you could switch to the stratgy guide in the middle of the game. The story was also good as well as the graphics. I would defintly recommend this game.

[Post New]by Fallswell on Feb 27, 10 9:53 PM
I really enjoyed this one. I did an all-day marathon of it; just couldn't put it down. I found the atmosphere even creepier than RTR; the frozen waste is too good a setting to let go! Thanks so much BFG for a great game. I look forward to the next one.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Feb 28, 10 7:48 AM
msfixit919 wrote:BTW is there a use for the snow use? I got the regular game, finished it and never got to ust the snow shoes.

Welcome to the pond msfixit. Figuring out how to navigate it and use all it's tools can be difficult. You made it to the forum for the game you are talking about and that is not always easy.

You did use the snowshoes all the time you traveled through the deep snow in the second half of the game. Once you found them, they were there to use even though you did not have to click on them each time. If you had tried to reach the outer buildings without finding them, you would have been unable to proceed.

[Post New]by Anchy_cro on Feb 28, 10 10:26 AM
i cant wait a new version.... of MCF...

[Post New]by pswitte on Feb 28, 10 1:39 PM
Hey l think the game is great. I am stuck. i can not fix the leak in the bathroom or fire up the generator. where can I find help?

H

[Post New]by harikaran00 on Feb 28, 10 11:16 PM
best
best
best

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Mar 1, 10 6:37 AM
pswitte wrote:Hey l think the game is great. I am stuck. i can not fix the leak in the bathroom or fire up the generator. where can I find help?

There is a walkthrough here on the site, pswitte. Just check out the game's forum, you will find a link to both the CE and the normal version.

[Post New]by patthecat on Mar 1, 10 6:38 PM
Having trouble getting the game started my trial was up and I did not get to play it.

[Post New]by cyndeescloset on Mar 2, 10 12:38 PM
I need some help! Everytime I turn on my lap top, MAC OSX, Dire Grove starts running.
How do I stop that?
I love the game! I don't understand how to get the extra games after finishing it though. I did buy the $19.95 edition, so I should have these right?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 2, 10 2:04 PM
cyndeescloset wrote:I need some help! Everytime I turn on my lap top, MAC OSX, Dire Grove starts running.
How do I stop that?
I love the game! I don't understand how to get the extra games after finishing it though. I did buy the $19.95 edition, so I should have these right?

Check out the thread titled "Bonus Levels...." in this forum.

[Post New]by maimom on Mar 2, 10 2:13 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Coronagold wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:PS The snowshoes are needed but not consumed.

Nobody eats snowshoes. Please explain.

That's being too literal! Consumed = used up = disappear from inventory on last use.

They're not used on anything. They're used for being able to walk up the path to farmhouse and barn. Without them, you can't.

I beg to differ, Mr. Russ! I got all the way through the game without ever using them! They were still in my inventory at the end! VEry misleading, I thought it was a red herring! Got up the path to barn etc. w/t them no problem at all. I kept thinking they were going to take me off the snowy paths to someplace new, but they never did!

Go to: