bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 8, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Steve The Sheriff ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum

[Post New]by brahmsviolin on Nov 9, 08 7:44 AM
I get the drawer to open without problem, but it doesn't help me. Is there some secret to using the towel under the bed? I've wasted half an hour trying to get something out of it. I click on the towel, it makes part of a sweep and returns to the drawer. That's it. I can't get anything from under the bed after--I've tried.

[Post New]by mindee1975 on Nov 9, 08 7:49 AM
Where in the world are the flashlight and badge?? My cigars keep blowing smoke under the bed, but I can't find anything. Very frustrating!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 9, 08 9:20 AM
brahmsviolin wrote:I get the drawer to open without problem, but it doesn't help me. Is there some secret to using the towel under the bed? I've wasted half an hour trying to get something out of it. I click on the towel, it makes part of a sweep and returns to the drawer. That's it. I can't get anything from under the bed after--I've tried.

HI! Towel under the bed!????????? Use towel To wipe glass of a case and a small lamp - to shine under a bed!

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Nov 9, 08 10:24 AM
This game would be alot more fun if the mini puzzles worked like they should.
The puzzles locks up on me after the second rotation and I never get to finish them. I think some others were having trouble with the mini games as well.
I will most likely buy this game if it gets fixed.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 9, 08 10:32 AM
gringojoy wrote:This game would be alot more fun if the mini puzzles worked like they should.
The puzzles locks up on me after the second rotation and I never get to finish them. I think some others were having trouble with the mini games as well.
I will most likely buy this game if it gets fixed.

All puzzles worked like they should ! I did it !!!! Cool game!

azmum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by azmum on Nov 9, 08 12:22 PM
Ok I got it, it would have been far more helpful if it had said find 14 differences and not 11!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 9, 08 5:54 PM
This is a great game.... Just hope its not 1 of the short 1's.

Happy Gaming

PEN

Mayor's Office

[Post New]by Beargirl777 on Nov 10, 08 2:50 PM
Aloha, I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Mayor's Office screen. It is a typical screen with a list of items. One of the items on the list is "certificate". I totally cannot find it. And last clue I used showed me an area on the left bottom on the floor but NOTHING I do does anything. I am totally stuck. I hope someone can help me. I really like this game but I just started it. I hope it isn't going to be a pain.

I also just love BFGs. But I also agree with some of you that say you have been having a lot of problems. Me too. I don't know what is going on but something is.

Mahalo nui loa,

SherBear

Mayor's Office

[Post New]by Beargirl777 on Nov 10, 08 2:56 PM
Me again, I forgot to tell you there is a little broom in the drawer on the left side bottome of the page. You just use your arrow to open, I haven't been about to use that on anything either.

Mahola,
Sher

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 11, 08 6:44 AM
Use Mop from drawer fnd click on active zone! !

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 11, 08 11:13 AM
AthenasDaughter wrote:Is it just me or did anyone else have trouble with the LEVER in the garage? I poured the "can" of stuff into the funnel on the table and put the lever in my drawer,but am completely stuck now. Where does the lever go? There;s nothing else to find, and when I click on a hint it TAKES AWAY A HINT (!!!!) but shows me nothing. I've moved the magnifier seemingly over every inch of the screen but the lever doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. What am I missing??? HELP!

Boiler House Tunnel Room Generator Inventory Task 8C:

* Put the lever in the left side of the switch box on the righthand wall.
* Put the funnel in the top of the generator (It says “MONKEY” on the front.)
* Touch the gas can to the funnel to fuel the generator. The lights will come on!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 11, 08 5:52 PM
wxwood wrote:I can't get the puzzle pieces to rotate, I have tried the left click, space bar, etc. can't get them to rotate.

the right click to rotate!!!!

[Post New]by BellevueBob on Nov 11, 08 7:04 PM
I Had a BALL with "Steve the Sheriff" WAY to go BFG !!!Another hit !!
Bellevue Bob

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Nov 11, 08 9:56 PM
I loved the game but, it wouldn't work for me like I think it should have.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 12, 08 12:59 AM
I thought this was a fun game...loved the characters!!

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Nov 12, 08 1:26 AM
Like I said before, I COULDN'T rotate the puzzle pieces (right clicking) after two rotations, & I like this game but I deleted it because it didn't work the way I expected! I'm glad it worked for so many others.
Joy
ps ... I love puzzles but this game wouldn't let me connect them.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 12, 08 2:34 AM
gringojoy wrote:Like I said before, I COULDN'T rotate the puzzle pieces (right clicking) after two rotations, & I like this game but I deleted it because it didn't work the way I expected! I'm glad it worked for so many others.
Joy
ps ... I love puzzles but this game wouldn't let me connect them.

I thought this a FUN HO game Loved the characters!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

FULL REVIEW "STEVE THE SHERIFF" TM

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 12, 08 6:15 AM
Steve the Sheriff is a lighthearted undersea hidden object game with a good mix of inventory puzzles and a variety of mini-games. Fifteen buildings with multiple rooms offer reasonable length, and clever updates to “find the differences” puzzles round out the package. Excellent integration between types of play give the game a fresh feel.

Spongebob Squarepants would be right at home in Neptuneville, a small Western town populated by squid, jellyfish, sharks, and other deepsea denizens. Cartoon logic applies: the Sheriff smokes cigars underwater, a charming lady jellyfish keeps pet shrimp in an aquarium, the local museum is dedicated to cowboy lore. But, as with Spongebob, it all works, and much of the fun comes from tiny details in each scene. Steve is after a gang of burglars who committed a one night crime spree throughout the usually sleepy town, including stealing the Neptune statue from the Town Square.

Gameplay fits the new genre of hidden object combined with point and click adventure. You find objects using a typical Find List, but some go into inventory to be used later. Steve the Sheriff takes this one step further than most recent titles, fully melding the two activities. For example, you may have to find objects to repair a generator so you can turn on the lights - and then, once the lights are on, find more objects on a new Find List for the same scene.

The game also does well in showing just part of an object yet still keeping it recognizable. Whether it’s the fingertips of a glove or the right side of a key you can still tell clearly what it is, but it makes the hidden object search both challenging and satisfying. Objects are mostly appropriate to their setting and properly sized, a nice change from the 16 foot tall popsicles and miniature Eiffel Towers that some HOGs use to confuse players.

Any locations start with a Find the Differences game, which lets Steve compare the setting before and after the crime spree. This gives him clues to the overall mystery as he tries to track down the Neptune statue. The game really shines here. Most previous Find the Differences games fell into one of two categories. In one, the differences were a simple presence/absence test, with one view having a candle where another had an empty shelf. The other went for miniscule differences, a slightly different drapery fold, a tiny bit longer hemline.

Steve the Sheriff updates the genre with many differences that fool the brain but don’t strain the eye.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

"STEVE THE SHERIFF" TM - FULL REVIEW!

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 12, 08 6:17 AM

Steve the Sheriff updates the genre with many differences that fool the brain but don’t strain the eye. A book is in the same place, but is open in one view, closed in the other. Two similar brown hats have their positions reversed from one view to the next. A mermaid statuette in one is a Buddha statuette in the other. Finding these differences delivers the same kind of satisfaction as a quality Hidden Object Game.

The mini-games aren’t memorable, but do add even more variety. In several rooms, you need to find multiples of an object, for example 10 tubes of paint. Finding the last of these will usually open a minigame with a related theme. These include some jigsaw puzzles, pairs matching games, pattern sequences, and a few more. Any can be skipped without penalty.

All in all, Steve the Sheriff TM - a fun game to play, and an impressive accomplishment in integrating several different game styles. Both Hidden Object, with the partial object reveals, and Find the Differences deliver real advances in gameplay. It doesn’t feel new, but it does feel fresh, and players who enjoy these genres can settle in for a highly-entertaining mid length game.
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Go to: