bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 19, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Robin's Quest: A Legend Born players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born forum

[Post New]by immmsgal on Aug 20, 10 12:59 PM
How do I bring up the arrow icon? I need to get the strength arrow to lift the bell. but that area tells me that it is complete in the bell tower.

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Aug 20, 10 4:47 PM
I have found 5 pieces of the pardon for Alan O'Dale but it says I need 7...where are the other two??? The Blog walkthrough says you only need 5 but it is asking for 7.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 20, 10 5:27 PM
Sheilas2a wrote:I have found 5 pieces of the pardon for Alan O'Dale but it says I need 7...where are the other two??? The Blog walkthrough says you only need 5 but it is asking for 7.

I answered you in the other topic, but the Blog Walkthrough tells you you need 7--look in the very last chapter of the Blog Walkthrough, the one titled "Location of all Pardon Pieces."

Or see the existing topic in the forum called "pardon piece for the kid on the deck."

Robin

Creidiki
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Creidiki on Aug 22, 10 6:26 AM
I'm at the beginning of the Smuggler's mission. I've dug a hole, and realize that the next step is to cover the hole with the net I can get from the fish merchant. I only have two fish, though, and they aren't enough to buy the net. I seem to have missed a fishy somewhere. I've cleared the entire Church, the Bakery and the path clear back to the base camp.

I haven't tried the archery competition yet, is that necessary before I continue with the smuggler?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 22, 10 8:48 AM
Creidiki wrote:I'm at the beginning of the Smuggler's mission. I've dug a hole, and realize that the next step is to cover the hole with the net I can get from the fish merchant. I only have two fish, though, and they aren't enough to buy the net. I seem to have missed a fishy somewhere. I've cleared the entire Church, the Bakery and the path clear back to the base camp.

I haven't tried the archery competition yet, is that necessary before I continue with the smuggler?

Hi! We try to keep spoilers out of this topic. I've started a new topic for you called Buying the Net and will answer you there.

In the meantime, have you had a chance to check the Blog Walkthrough yet? It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked scrfeenshots, so it can offten help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Robin

p.s. The Archery competitions are all optional, they are not required for any of the quests. So that's not the problem.

[Post New]by eufrosyna on Aug 22, 10 10:02 AM
I have problem to find the 7 pardon bits in the Smuggler mission, there are 2 bits missing although I have taken the two on the dock? What have I missed?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 22, 10 10:33 AM
eufrosyna wrote:I have problem to find the 7 pardon bits in the Smuggler mission, there are 2 bits missing although I have taken the two on the dock? What have I missed?

Please see the existing forum topic "alan a dale."

Robin

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 10:35:31 AM PST

[Post New]by rubymoon69 on Aug 23, 10 4:24 AM
Great Game, enjoyed playing it, so I purchased it.

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Aug 23, 10 5:48 AM
Very impressed.. I waited to try it.. downloaded it and went to work.
5 stars. Adventure with some ****'s (they're not easy to see) designer chose to not
"tile" or layer on the items.. so it's 1 dimensional. Most times on the ihogs.. i can just go into the **** scene and without looking at the object list get 6-7 items, easy.
Not so easy with RQ.

You get alot of stuff from the **** scenes.. and I Really liked that.. hint system.. no need for walk_through (but we have 1) graphics are good and consistant to the
era. Go to the market and help all the townsfolks.. gather your Merry_men.

Achieve the goals... You have to rip up all your wanted posters (60)
Find all the pardons for people... some are your MM.. (they have special
talents.. unique to each)

Robin Hood.... that time period.. i was sold. Used a credit.. but would have bought it outright and not been disappointted. Recommended. TY !!

The ***** above = hidden object references.. not sure why i was flagged

puck63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by puck63 on Aug 25, 10 5:44 PM
Hello,

I have a question: i'm at the end of the game, I only need to find the sheriff and the prince, but I am stuck, no idea where to look for them. Does anyone know the solution?
Thanks

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 25, 10 5:58 PM
puck63 wrote:Hello,

I have a question: i'm at the end of the game, I only need to find the sheriff and the prince, but I am stuck, no idea where to look for them. Does anyone know the solution?
Thanks

Whenever you get stuck, it can help to check the Blog Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it can usually help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the blog walkthrough.

If you just want a hint, it really depends on exactly where you are. Have you gone through the Castle Drawbridge into the Castle to rescue Robin's husband?

If so, you need to come back out of the jail into the courtyard with the fountain, then go through the door at the very back of the scene into the Castle itself.

If you haven't figured out how to get the Castle Drawbridge open yet, you have some more adventuring to do.

If you went into the Castle, but you're not sure what to do next, see the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by awaitingbaby on Aug 28, 10 11:06 AM
Where can you find the missing book?? And I have the shovel and net, where do you dig the hole? Thanks!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 28, 10 11:13 AM
awaitingbaby wrote:Where can you find the missing book?? And I have the shovel and net, where do you dig the hole? Thanks!

We try to keep spoilers out of this topic, and both of those answers span several chapters.

Probably the best thing at this point is for you to just take a look at the Blog Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

If you look at the task list in the upper left corner of your screen, you'll probably see a task that says something like "find a way to open the Bell Tower Hatch." That's what you should work on next.

I would start with Chapter 6 in the Blog Walkthrough and just read over each step to make sure you've completed it. By the time you get to the end of Chapter 7, you'll have the Book, and you'll have caught up with the point where you make the Shovel.

You'll have already done some of the steps in the walkthrough, but I think you'll find you also skipped past a few, and that's what's holding you up now.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. If you have specific questions about individual steps in the walkthrough, first check the forum for existing topics on that subject. If you don't see one, feel free to start one. The more specific your title, the quicker you'll get an answer. But do look at the Blog Walkthrough first, as I think it will help where you are now.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 12:51:44 PM PST

Re:Welcome to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born forum - Review

[Post New]by mona187 on Aug 28, 10 7:01 PM
The trial hour of this game looked promising, but after purchasing it I was disappointed. The puzzles, with one exception, were not puzzling. The advertised mini-games were all of one ilk, involving target shooting.

If you're an action game type person who likes hand-eye coordination-type games, you'll like this. If you are an adventure game person like me, you'll be annoyed.

As previously noted, the puzzles were very simple and barely deserved the name. One feature I really did like about this game was the "area cleared" feature that lets you know when you have exhausted all the possibilities in a particular screen. It eliminates useless returns to the area for clues or objects.

In summary, if you are a hidden objects afficianado whose goal is to see how quickly you can complete a game, this is the game for you.

If you prefer a bit more challenge and less "hide and seek," steer clear.

loriisi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loriisi on Sep 6, 10 12:02 AM
I have to agree that this game was easy, however, sometimes I just find it nice to just use my brain a little! I also have to comment about the music played during the hidden object scenes. I loved it! Very relaxing. After a long day working, I always try to wind down by playing my games. This hit just the stop. I wasn't crazy about the mini-games but still enjoyed it!

[Post New]by mochajoes on Sep 6, 10 10:10 AM
I think there's something wrong with the game or the problem is just happening with me. I downloaded the Mac version of the game to play the trial and I couldn't get past entering in my profile. After typing in my name I kept getting a message, "Sorry you have to create a profile." Needless to say I never got to play the game. Has this happened before to anyone else?

[Post New]by andyplayer on Sep 6, 10 1:01 PM
In the blog walkthrough Alan-a-dale needs 5 pardons. In my version he needs 7 therefore I can get no further.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 7, 10 6:32 PM
andyplayer wrote:In the blog walkthrough Alan-a-dale needs 5 pardons. In my version he needs 7 therefore I can get no further.

Read the Blog Walkthrough section"Location of all Pardon Pieces"--it will confirm you need 7, and tell you where they are.

Or see the existing forum topic "alan a dale" which details the issues most players run into.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by chooky1975 on Sep 22, 10 2:21 PM
I love this game, but seem to have a problem at the Castle Jail - the guard has disappeared before giving me the clues I need to find the key!

As I can't seem to progress without this key, I'd love some advice on how to get the silly guard back!

Thanks!

Go to: