cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Pardon piece for kid on deck

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Aug 19, 10 12:54 PM
I cannot find the last piece of the pardon piece, I got the 3 on the road to the dock and have all but one, and when I use a hint it only tell's me to talk to the boy, is it me or my gaame... Help please

msdezza
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Pardon piece for kid on deck

[Post New]by msdezza on Aug 19, 10 3:42 PM
Having the same problem, have checked walkthrough and when I go into those areas it says area completed.. But I have only 6 pieces is anyone else finding the same problem. Also the hint at the dock says talk to the kid..Question does the hint system not work for the pardon pieces?

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Aug 20, 10 12:12 AM
I've cleared all the other areas and all that is left are the docks. On my oath as a HOG gamer, I promise you that the two places marked in purple that are supposed to show the last two pardon pieces' locations aren't on my screen. Neither on the side of the ship, nor on the side of the crate. Both those places are empty. I get no "grabby" hands anywhere on the screen and when I click on "Hint", I too am told to talk to the boy. Help!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 20, 10 12:27 AM
Rose151 wrote:I've cleared all the other areas and all that is left are the docks. On my oath as a HOG gamer, I promise you that the two places marked in purple that are supposed to show the last two pardon pieces' locations aren't on my screen. Neither on the side of the ship, nor on the side of the crate. Both those places are empty. I get no "grabby" hands anywhere on the screen and when I click on "Hint", I too am told to talk to the boy. Help!

OK, let's see if we can figure out exactly what's missing.

Click on the Journal in the lower right, turn to the progress page, and tell us exactly how many Pardon Pieces it shows for each character.

Also tell us exactly what you see in your Inventory Tray.

And finally, click on the boy and tell us what he says.

Hang in there--we'll figure it out.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 20, 10 12:40 AM
Oh, and I know it's annoying, but do go all the way back to the Church and then all the way up the stairs, through the trap door, and into the Bell Tower and make sure it says AREA CLEAR. This is where you rang the bells to capture the Bishop.

There are two PARDON PIECES there for Alan A Dale, and people quite commonly miss one of them. They're marked on the screenshot in the Blog Walkthrough. One is in the lower left and the other is behind the big wooden circle on the right. The screenshot is in Chapter 7.

The other place that needs to say AREA CLEAR is the forest path to the docks, the section between the Market and the Docks themselves. That screenshot is in Chapter 10.

Robin

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Aug 20, 10 1:37 AM
robin94122 wrote:
Rose151 wrote:I've cleared all the other areas and all that is left are the docks. On my oath as a HOG gamer, I promise you that the two places marked in purple that are supposed to show the last two pardon pieces' locations aren't on my screen. Neither on the side of the ship, nor on the side of the crate. Both those places are empty. I get no "grabby" hands anywhere on the screen and when I click on "Hint", I too am told to talk to the boy. Help!

OK, let's see if we can figure out exactly what's missing.

Click on the Journal in the lower right, turn to the progress page, and tell us exactly how many Pardon Pieces it shows for each character.

Also tell us exactly what you see in your Inventory Tray.

And finally, click on the boy and tell us what he says.

Hang in there--we'll figure it out.

Robin

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Aug 20, 10 1:42 AM
Robin: Per your last post.

In the Journal: 5/7 pieces for Alan-A-Dale
6/6 pieces for Friar Tuck
8/8 pieces for Little John.

Inventory:
2 Vishnu arms
3 Planks
3 Countries
Alphabet Dials

"Have you found my pardon?" "If I cannot get it back I'll have to leave the country soon."

I went back to the church bell tower and the road to the docks, both areas are cleared. Actually all areas are clear except for the market place and the docks.

Thank you so very much for helping!

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Aug 20, 10 4:36 AM
I have gone back to every place possible at this point and I am still missing the last piece, I wonder if I will have to start over, sigh....

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 20, 10 7:31 AM
Rose151,

Ouch! Unfortunately, missing two pieces is starting to feel like a glitch. I'm so sorry you've run into that!!

The first thing is have your character return to the Market, exit the game from there, shut down the computer, and restart and see if the two pieces at the Docks then appear. Don't exit while you're still at the Docks.

If ithat doesn't cause the two pieces to appear at the Docks, you'll need to get in touch with Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s For players only missing one piece, it's more likely you overlooked one in the Church Bell Tower, the forest path to the Docks, or the Docks themselves. Please see the Blog Walkthrough for the exact locations. They're marked in purple on the screenshots for Chapter 7 and Chapter 10

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Aug 20, 10 8:10 AM
Thank's Robin
I uninstalled and re downloaded, and the missing piece was in the bell tower, it wasen't there before, but I finally made it through the game and I loved it, I am looking forward to the sequel.

[Post New]by deb2389 on Aug 20, 10 8:13 AM
The piece you are looking for is in the bell tower at the left of the screen

MPPenquin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MPPenquin on Aug 20, 10 9:46 AM
I also am having problems with the 7 pardons.....the bell tower area says "cleared". The road to the docks says "area cleared" which I got 3 pieces of the pardon for the kid. I got the two from the dock, but still only have 5 of the 7 pardons. The two pardons from the bell tower were not for the kid. Any suggestions?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 22, 10 7:57 AM
I'm finding that when people go back, they often go just to the top of the stairs, but don't remember to click on the open trap door in the ceiling to go through it as well. So make sure you've checked the very top room. You need to go into the stairs, up to the Bell Tower Hatch, and then through the trap door in the ceiling to the Bell Tower itself. The room where there are pulley rings hanging from the ceiling.

Good luck!
Robin

Bet13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Pardon piece for kid on deck

[Post New]by Bet13 on Aug 22, 10 12:58 PM
cece2u45 wrote:I cannot find the last piece of the pardon piece, I got the 3 on the road to the dock and have all but one, and when I use a hint it only tell's me to talk to the boy, is it me or my game... Help please!!!

shandrys
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by shandrys on Sep 5, 10 6:39 PM
stuck forever on the last 2 pieces of Alan's pardon. Read all the blog, and yes, I'd missed the Tower Hatch above the Bells.. and there they were.. One lower left and one on with right 1/2 way up.
You are fantastic. I can continue the game now that I have his pardon.

Go to: