Amazing Pyramid spelling mistakes

[Post New]by pinuccia on Aug 19, 10 6:49 PM
There are so many errors in this spelling game that as you continue on to the end it becomes ridiculous. I'm a good speller, but I had to get the dictionary out to make sure the words they presented were in fact real words. There are many words, so far that are not in the english dictionary and are is-spelled, that it ends up being a guessing game for the 3, 4 and 5 letter words. This game did not make me happy. Someone should preview these types of games for foreign language mis-spelling and word jargon. I've never heard of a car call a "Ssangong''. The 3 letter car word was DKW, which is an old Russian car from who knows when. Not a well presented game for teaching anybody how to spell correctly.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Amazing Pyramid spelling mistakes

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Mar 11, 11 12:46 PM
true, the car is a ssang yong

game is a no buy for me

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 12:46:45 PM PST

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 21, 11 10:28 PM
I agree. It's so poorly spelled that in the beginning I was stumped on mannikin. It's no wonder that nobody bothered posting a DD reviews on this "gem."

(wheel of fortune reference)

Can I buy a Q a U and a clue Pat?

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 30, 11 9:13 AM
I'm with you on that; I expect some differences in spelling as i'm English and many word games use American English, but this just got silly. I had wpm as a word on one level, which isn't a word but an abbreviation - and the same words kept coming up.

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Nov 21, 11 3:11 PM
I couldn't agree more. I contacted Big Fish and asked for a refund.

[Post New]by Celuwen on Mar 31, 12 10:36 PM
Yes the spelling was utterly horrible. Worse still is that one word I had was a nasty racial insult.

Go to: