bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 20, 10 12:46 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower

[Post New]by BossBrat on Aug 20, 10 1:00 AM
I bought the collector's edition, but wanted to comment here since game play is the same obviously. It's GREAT! I like it even more than the first one. This is NOT your normal HOG or IHOG. Instead of finding items on a list, you have a list of items that you have to return to it's original spot in the scene. It's not as simple as you think, though. Here's an example: If, for instance, you had a lamp shade and match in your list, you would have to search the scene for the lamp, put on the shade and then light it.

The graphics are great and some of the mini games are just really cool to play. They are not the same mini games as on the first Enlightenus. I did have to turn down the music, only because it was too loud, not because I found it irritating or anything like that.

As with the first game you get hints by collection the "E" cards hidden in each scene. You also have to use these cards if you want to skip a mini game. I believe if you want to skip the mini it costs 2 cards. I think you only get 1 "E" card in each scene, where you got 2 in each scene in the first game.

If you loved the first Enlightenus, you'll definitely love this one, too. GREAT GAME. I give it FIVE OUT OF FIVE!

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Aug 20, 10 2:10 AM
I count on my fingers to purchase Ce or this version.
Have not had a completely clear picture of how much bonus game there is?
If there is any at all, with out the wallpaper.
I know there is an extra game riddle? Dont know if there will be a language barrier.
If some could be kind to tell about extra time on Enlightenus, please?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 20, 10 2:17 AM
molla311 wrote:I count on my fingers to purchase Ce or this version.
I know there is an extra game riddle? Dont know if there will be a language barrier.

Hi molla311 - I think you might have better luck (and faster answers) if you re-post this and also check comments in the Enlightenous CE forum - that is where most people who have played the CE with the bonus play will have posted info such as this. Just a suggestion!

Happy Gaming!!

shadowfax

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 20, 10 2:38 AM
After having waiting patiently for this version to come out...it is a total disappointment.

There is only one game play throughout the entire game..the music is sooo boring had ot turn it off.
On the plus side it has great graphics.
Definately not my type of game yet I loved the first one

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 20, 10 3:09 AM
Well, that's what makes us all different. I played this En2 an hour, sure went fast so bought it. I had somewhat difficulty playing the first Enlightenus, seems like hard to see a lot of tiny things and some pictures grainy. I also got terribly lost taking wrong turns or playing out of order and not getting back to things I missed. Too much wandering adventure for me at the time.

But, the thing I loved about the first one was the put back objects ones, guessing from funny hints and labels on the ones to match. I was so good at that, then the moving about to rooms made me crazy. No problems so far playing II on my small laptop. The graphics are quite clear and lovely, nothing too small or unidentifiable at least in the hour and was so sorry it ended. I want more of those put back object ones, have to think some, but playfully.

Just so I wouldn't get off track and lost this time I did watch the walkthrough as to where to go next in case there are options like 2 sparkly places. But don't need any help matching the objects, that's the fun part. Music was restful and kept it on with my laptop ear buds. It should be a long game for me because I take my time admiring each new picture, and first find the E cards for hints, there are 2 in some scenes at least. Then I do the object moving. Then you get items you need later to fill in other puzzles, so just hope if I missed some I can find my way back, my short term memory fails me just when I need it. But at least it is a pleasant shift away from the dark and gory stuff and meant to entertain with some humor and nice artistry and gameplay.

Needs too much RAM to run on my desktop pc with XP, larger monitor, so have to play on W7 laptop 15.6 widescreen. This doesn't fill the screen so even on the reduced 12" diag game I had no problem seeing objects, no dark scenes in first hour. But, that's what hints and walkthroughs are for. Haven't needed a hint yet.
Used a free coupon for it, so if I can only play half of it on my own it's worth it

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 20, 10 3:18 AM
BossBrat wrote:I bought the collector's edition, but wanted to comment here since game play is the same obviously. It's GREAT! I like it even more than the first one. This is NOT your normal HOG or IHOG. Instead of finding items on a list, you have a list of items that you have to return to it's original spot in the scene. It's not as simple as you think, though. Here's an example: If, for instance, you had a lamp shade and match in your list, you would have to search the scene for the lamp, put on the shade and then light it. You should play Puppet Show (2nd one), you have to put objects back into place, and this was issued before Enlightenus II........................

The graphics are great and some of the mini games are just really cool to play. They are not the same mini games as on the first Enlightenus. I did have to turn down the music, only because it was too loud, not because I found it irritating or anything like that.

As with the first game you get hints by collection the "E" cards hidden in each scene. You also have to use these cards if you want to skip a mini game. I believe if you want to skip the mini it costs 2 cards. I think you only get 1 "E" card in each scene, where you got 2 in each scene in the first game.

If you loved the first Enlightenus, you'll definitely love this one, too. GREAT GAME. I give it FIVE OUT OF FIVE![/quote

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 20, 10 3:23 AM
Hi BossBrat, you should play Puppet Show (2nd one), you have to put objects back into place and this was issued before Enlightenus II.........

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Aug 20, 10 3:38 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
molla311 wrote:I count on my fingers to purchase Ce or this version.

Hi molla311 - I think you might have better luck (and faster answers) if you re-post this and also check comments in the Enlightenous CE forum - that is where most people who have played the CE with the bonus play will have posted info such as this. Just a suggestion!

Happy Gaming!!

shadowfax

Thank you for answer shadowfax, I did put it there. No answers thou.
Also there was a post but it seamed a bit unclear to me.
Oh.. why do I bother... I can just buy Ce cant I? LOL
Have a great weekend shadow and all of you others to

So if any see this and care to give me a word I would appretiate it.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 20, 10 4:21 AM
Nope, I don't care for this one. I love the opening scene and wish they'd carried through the game with that quality of graphics and gameplay.

I don't like not being able to disable the custom cursor. I also don't like the way you have to find and place objects.

There's a bit of a lag time and it might be the custom cursor but the gameplay is also a bit laggy and I like to click and have something react quickly.

It could've been a great game if the developers had spent more time with it. But for some people, it'll be good enough to purchase and play and enjoy. Just not me.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 20, 10 4:55 AM
BossBrat wrote:I bought the collector's edition, but wanted to comment here since game play is the same obviously. It's GREAT! I like it even more than the first one. This is NOT your normal HOG or IHOG. Instead of finding items on a list, you have a list of items that you have to return to it's original spot in the scene. It's not as simple as you think, though. Here's an example: If, for instance, you had a lamp shade and match in your list, you would have to search the scene for the lamp, put on the shade and then light it.

If you loved the first Enlightenus, you'll definitely love this one, too. GREAT GAME. I give it FIVE OUT OF FIVE!

There are two E cards in each scene. And they're tricky to find a lot of the time, which was fun.

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Aug 20, 10 4:56 AM
Still a bit undecided on this one, I like the way objects need to be put back into the scene rather than removed but the 'labels' only levels annoy me.
Also I must have had some display issue on one level (Egyptian one with the camel) as nothing showed, no labels icons (and yet tooltips came up for some items I moused over) and the scene was more or less devoid of items - ofc I didn't realise that this wasn't part of the game (as the label only scenes are just as bare really) and used up every hint I had. It was only when I quit the game in frustration and then later tried it again that I saw that it was actually a usual scene with items...they just hadn't displayed correctly previously. Doh!!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 20, 10 6:19 AM
Bossbrat & puzzledone: Thank you for the detailed comments and reviews.
dl now. I think I am going to like this one. Have been waiting patiently for the SE.
Will get back to let you know what I think.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Aug 20, 10 7:26 AM
Its a nice relaxing game...but it takes soooooooo loooooong to loooooad..
graphics are lovely ..I enjoy the re-putting items back..makes a nice change..
I dont think its as good as the first one ..but its a pleasant game ...
a buy for me next month ....

whcnp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by whcnp1 on Aug 20, 10 8:17 AM
Why does this game look so familiar? I don't go to any other sites but I swear I played this before. Is this the SE or CE version? If it is the SE version then I can understand why I played it...I probably played the demo before.

Thank you everyone...I thought I was loosing what little mind I have left! and I need it for all these HOGs.

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 2:09:43 PM PST

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Aug 20, 10 9:30 AM
I bought this game on 8/5/10 am I missing something with this one?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 20, 10 9:56 AM
This is the standard version of the game; i.e., the game that was released as a Collector's Edition a few weeks ago minus the "bonus" features of the Collector's Edition.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Aug 20, 10 10:03 AM
I was looking forward to this sequel from the first one, which I loved. I did not enjoy the game at all, deleted before the hour was up. I don't mind put back objects, but dang don't make it so you have to run a cursor over them to see what they actually are. If you have a head in the inventory you look for a body to put it on. I did not like twist if made it very boring and aggravating.

It really is a shame and disheartening version that could have been so much better. The E cards are hard to find, and not sure exactly what scenes they are found in. Be sure to play the demo before you buy, it is a very different game..

dawntim
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dawntim on Aug 20, 10 10:20 AM

I purchased this game today and got as far as Medievel Castle. I had 4 items left to place, farmers hat, barber scissors, stone wings & royal gem. When I used the hint for each one the area circled made no sense and I could not place/use the item there.

I left the scene and then went back in. This time the items did not show up in my inventory although when I moused over them the name of the item displayed. I left again and came back in and this time the inventory items showed as did the things that the items were to be used on (i.e. the farmer for the farmer hat was now in the scene).

Anyone else have the same problem?

[Post New]by mamawathome on Aug 20, 10 10:29 AM
Hi all,

I loved the first one so much. My husband and I sat here and played it together. So when the CE one came out I could hardly wait for it to be offered for 6.99. What a dissapointment. I bought it based on the first review. It's just not as good as the first one was. Honestly I got bored with it. I like the searching and traveling around. This one seems to be the same ole thing with everywhere you go.

Go to: