bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 20, 10 12:46 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Game still freezing up!!

[Post New]by marloflip on Aug 20, 10 2:04 AM
Game keeps freezing on me!! I have tried doing all that you have suggested but still not working! Please help.

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tregeagle on Aug 20, 10 2:26 AM
I played the Collector's Edition and loved, and really wanted to purchase the ordinary game when it emerged.
However, I have almost immediately encountered a glitch in the Mayan jungle. I CANNOT get to place the circular disk in the obvious place on the temple wall, as no matter how carefully I move my mouse, the code for "Circular slot" never appears. This leaves me utterly stuck. Help.

[Post New]by queenbee43j on Aug 20, 10 4:05 AM
Help! I bought the game this morning. It will not let me activate it, when I tried it tells me , it can not activate the game, because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected! I sent an e-mail to tech support, maybe I will hear back from them soon. I have bought a lot of games from Big Fish, I have never had this problem before!

[Post New]by Mosey_Louise on Aug 20, 10 6:47 AM
froze twice on me already - at the gate to the tower, and then again after the man speaks. too bad - I loved the demo on the collectors edition and intended to buy this - glad I demoed first!

engj030506
Flounder
Flounder
2,136 Posts

[Post New]by engj030506 on Aug 20, 10 8:07 AM
Game keeps freezing on me too. The first time was in the second level - Japan or China and the second time is in the medieval times. I am barely 15 mins in the game and have had to replay a level 3 times. And it has frozen on a different item each time. Very frustrating. I had this problem on the first game too but managed to eventually overcome it. I really want to buy this and have tried everything that has been suggested but still no change.

dawntim
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dawntim on Aug 20, 10 10:30 AM
Posted this is the other forum before I saw techinical issues here only, anyway...:

I purchased this game today and got as far as Medievel Castle. I had 4 items left to place, farmers hat, barber scissors, stone wings & royal gem. When I used the hint for each one the area circled made no sense and I could not place/use the item there.

I left the scene and then went back in. This time the items did not show up in my inventory although when I moused over them the name of the item displayed. I left again and came back in and this time the inventory items showed as did the things that the items were to be used on (i.e. the farmer for the farmer hat was now in the scene).

dawntim
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dawntim on Aug 20, 10 10:31 AM
Tregeagle wrote:I played the Collector's Edition and loved, and really wanted to purchase the ordinary game when it emerged.
However, I have almost immediately encountered a glitch in the Mayan jungle. I CANNOT get to place the circular disk in the obvious place on the temple wall, as no matter how carefully I move my mouse, the code for "Circular slot" never appears. This leaves me utterly stuck. Help.

tregeagle, had similar problem, backed out of scene and went back in (2x) and then I could place the items. hope that helps!

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Aug 20, 10 12:31 PM
The game trial will not finish downloading. I get to 100% but then it says "saving" and never finishes saving? It never reaches to the point of installed.

The C.E. version installed ok and I did uninstall it before downloading the regular version.

I have tried this 5X now and when you are on satellite there is definitely a limit to downloads. It reverts all the way back to 30% and even back to 1%.

One time I was told I was trying to download the wrong version for my computer?? I agreed to try again with the right version, back to 1% twice before I finally gave up.

I have been a member since 2006 so it isn't like I don't know what I am doing - and my BFG Manager has downloaded games since the last update both before and after trying this one game.

Hmmmm BFG.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 1:17:01 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 20, 10 12:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

Thought I'd pop in and offer some help. If you're having installation issues with the game, please refer to this help article for some really great information:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're having troubles with the game freezing or crashing, you may need to check your computer for some updates, and you can reference this help article for these steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still having troubles? Please write into Tech Support by clicking the green envelope to the right, with as much information as you can provide (i.e. specific error messages, screenshots, etc.) and they will be happy to further assist you!

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

dawntim
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dawntim on Aug 20, 10 1:03 PM
dawntim wrote:Posted this is the other forum before I saw techinical issues here only, anyway...:

I purchased this game today and got as far as Medievel Castle. I had 4 items left to place, farmers hat, barber scissors, stone wings & royal gem. When I used the hint for each one the area circled made no sense and I could not place/use the item there.

I left the scene and then went back in. This time the items did not show up in my inventory although when I moused over them the name of the item displayed. I left again and came back in and this time the inventory items showed as did the things that the items were to be used on (i.e. the farmer for the farmer hat was now in the scene).

Getting the same problem again in Leornardo da Vinci's room. Have to keep leaving then coming back in.
I contacted BG - hope they get it fixed.

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Aug 20, 10 1:13 PM
raylin_stephens wrote:The game trial will not finish downloading. I get to 100% but then it says "saving" and never finishes saving? It never reaches to the point of installed.

The C.E. version installed ok and I did uninstall it before downloading the regular version.

me too, it downloaded twice. I thought it was installing, went out of the room ,came back and it was downloading again !! I'm going to give it up and request my $$ back

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 20, 10 3:17 PM
I can't get full screen. What is recommended resolution

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Aug 20, 10 5:32 PM
I cannot get full screen either and this has never ever been an issue with any game. I noted that they updated my game manager before downloading. I checked the options and it says it is on full screen, it blinks and still remains half screen.
I can't play a game without full, it bugs me. LOL

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 20, 10 6:05 PM
I did not have any issues with the CE, but with this demo I am having the same issues as previously stated. The pieces where first, not all there to put the parts together, then exited came back and nothing was there, then exit the game manager and restarted the game and the scene was back to normal. Have had this happen twice.

I also had the screen go off center then it fixed itself and went full screen, then it stayed off center and to exit then restart it was fixed. Not sure why this is happening since as I stated I did not have these issues with the CE.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Aug 20, 10 6:30 PM
I forgot to mention the screen "blinks" too. Just played 2 other games from BigFish I downloaded after and no problems on them so it's the game apparently.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 20, 10 6:44 PM
katiepops wrote:I forgot to mention the screen "blinks" too. Just played 2 other games from BigFish I downloaded after and no problems on them so it's the game apparently.

Those are the same problems I have with this game. No by for me without full screen.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Aug 20, 10 7:37 PM
Just downloaded the trial. (I did not try the Collector's Edition.) Game froze in the Mayan Jungle. I selected to use the tutorial. When the tutorial got to the point of showing the 2 E cards, the arrows appeared, but no cards appeared. I could do nothing else. Only way to get out was ctrl-alt-delete to end the task.

Koodle
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Koodle on Aug 20, 10 9:19 PM
The game has frozen four times on me now. Must control/alt/delete to get out. This didn't happen in the trial version of the collector's edition.

The first Enlightenus game froze on me all the time, too. It still does, as a matter of fact.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Aug 21, 10 4:04 AM
I will wait for a rebuild before I buy. Sometimes the screen is filled with stray objects, sometimes it is almost blank. Obviously, there are problems. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to this one.

Go to: