gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 21, 10 2:04 AM
Another day, another plate of ham and bacon (HOG)...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re: Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 21, 10 3:18 AM
Bought it. It's not much to look at, but the conversation between the 2 detectives, between HOG scenes, is jogging my memory about the 1970's, when I was a teenager, and I'm finding their conversation interesting.

Each scene doesn't last long before you move to the next one. A few scenes repeat, but I barely noticed that. The music wasn't very good, in my opinion, but it did vary a lot as you went along - not just the same thing over and over and over.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 1:18:25 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 21, 10 4:16 AM
I just finished playing it thru to the end. I guess that makes it a 2 hour game, but it didn't feel that short. Lots of locations, and some of the music is not bad.

Thank goodness the minigames can be skipped. The ones I skipped were the fingerprint matching - the graphics weren't good enough to see fingerprint patterns very well. I had enough hints anyway, so skipping them was not a problem.

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 4:17:55 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 21, 10 5:15 AM
It's not a terrible game. It's just not very attractive, interesting or challenging. I guess it's just an older game (?) and game style and playing methods have progressed leaving this one dated and old looking. It might be okay if you just discovered HOGs but it's not for serious gamers that can't wait for todays new releases.
Not going to bad mouth it. It downloads and plays well. It just doesn't hold my attention.
Dr.good

rakuroks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rakuroks on Aug 21, 10 6:10 AM
Hi commenters! Thanks for saving me time, aggravation and $$. I'll wait for another daily deal to spend my resources on. Happy fishing everyone!
rakuroks

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 21, 10 7:25 AM
Graphics were just too poor and fuzzy and misnaming
and distorting items is just not playing fair in my book.
Looking and looking for "chopsticks", used hint to
find they wanted "tweezers". Tried to find a "telescope",
hint showed it to be a thin brown line on a platform made
of brown boards; no eye could have peared thru that.

Mini games were OK and did enjoy the Go Boards, but
no buy for me even at this price.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Aug 21, 10 9:19 AM
The story is interesting to me, so for 2.99 I'll gladly buy for another punch. Maybe its just me but I like picking up a easy HOG for a rainy day so to speak when I don't want to tax my brain.. I always fill more than 1 PC every month and am glad to have the codes to use for TGT when a good one is released.

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 9:24:03 AM PST

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Aug 21, 10 11:21 AM
I've downloaded the game, and have not yet started the trial, but just one comment: I don't like games to try to automatically download Active X (or any other program) without letting you know first, and giving you a choice. I already have Active X, and was only alerted when it came up to say it was trying to download an OLDER version of the program. Not cool...

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 21, 10 11:24 AM
Extremely boring.

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Aug 21, 10 11:25 PM
I was really not happy about the idea of playing a game based on a real woman's murder.
I played 1 scene then just felt so disturbed by the idea and stopped playing. Instead I decided to read a little about it, to understand what the game was based on.

To me it seems too soon, it was only in the 70s, the people who knew and loved her are still alive and it just seems like this game trivializes a terrible thing.

I dunno I just feel like they shouldn't have made this game.

I think there is a point where events become "History" in people's minds and then it is easier to deal with a fictionalized game about it. A game about the titanic using fictional characters for example. But this is a game heavily using real events, talking about a real girl who was horrifically murdered and this just feels wrong and disturbing.

[Post New]by annoysmom on Aug 23, 10 2:53 PM
This is a super easy HOG...only took me an hour to finish. If you are looking for a simple hidden game, you might try this one. The objects aren't very hard to find and the mini games are pretty easy too. I only got it because it was $2.99 deal of the day. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for this games.

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Aug 26, 10 5:39 PM
HELP! When I exit the game & then start it up again. It starts at the beginning. How do I save the game instead of having to redo everything?

Go to: