Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:opening safe

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 21, 10 11:05 AM
Hi Fishies,

*SPOILER ALERT*

According to the walkthrough:

Turn the dial to 4172 in the following manner by going clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counterclockwise to 7, and clockwise to 2.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by cnelson537 on Aug 21, 10 11:33 AM
I read the walthrough too but how does it work?

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 21, 10 12:18 PM
I can't open it either. The hint say nothing to do here, search other locations. I have searched them all, they tell me the same thing. Search other locations. I tried to open it the way the walkthrough said, but it still won't open.Grrrrrrrrrrrr

whogirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by whogirl on Aug 21, 10 12:23 PM
Thanks Spiritdog 51 this really helped.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 21, 10 2:54 PM
I finally got it opened. Like Spirtdog said, just listen for those clicks. Thanks Spirtdog. The walthrough is wrong.

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Aug 21, 10 9:40 PM
Argh, I read the answers, and I still can't open the safe. I have the sound turned up and the music turned down, I don't hear any clicks no matter what I do. Can anyone give me a walk thru on this?
I know the code is 4172.
Please help

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Aug 21, 10 11:06 PM
I have same problem. No matter how many ways i go, or how many times, I cant get the safe to open.
I got it just once, and got the first number, now I cant get a click at all
Why do developers make these silly dials, that rely so much on smoother and careful mouse movements. The number 4 clicked at 5 and a half! Now nothing.
Once more a game is spoilt for me by sloppy work from developers, and I cant finish it
Mac

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Aug 22, 10 6:13 AM
Exactly! Is there any hope? Why oh why didn't they put a skip option here!

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Aug 22, 10 10:17 AM
Lassie, try taking your hand off the mouse when you reach the numbers as given in walkthrough. It took me all day, but I finally got there. I am angry, however, that developers dont think of people that may not have steady hands, or have arthritic conditions
Mac

opening safe

[Post New]by 081977 on Aug 22, 10 11:09 AM
cnelson537 wrote:How do you open the safe?

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 22, 10 11:20 AM
Bah! I didn't like this thing at all!

Ok, I turned counter clockwise to the 4, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned clockwise back to the 1, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned counter clockwise to the 7, and let off the mouse, Hear a click.
Turned clockwise to the 2, ad let off the mouse. Hear a click and the safe opened.

If you let off the mouse and it turns back to zero then it isn't right. Start over.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 22, 10 11:23 AM
OK, this safe is agravating. WT says clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counter clockwise to 7, clockwise to 2.

Entry above says to do opposite. What do you mean opposite? counter to 4, counter to 1, clock to 7, clock to 2?

I've tried every which way, turned the sound way up, and I am not hearing ANY clicks!

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 22, 10 12:34 PM
Seriously. I've tried dozens of times now. Turned the music all the way down, the sound all the way up.

I know how to follow directions - but none of this is cutting it!

I give up. I mean, it shouldn't be this hard. I've used combo locks for various things throughout my life and none of those stumped me!

Not a happy fishie.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 22, 10 2:33 PM
beckx020 wrote:Bah! I didn't like this thing at all!

Ok, I turned counter clockwise to the 4, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned clockwise back to the 1, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned counter clockwise to the 7, and let off the mouse, Hear a click.
Turned clockwise to the 2, ad let off the mouse. Hear a click and the safe opened.

If you let off the mouse and it turns back to zero then it isn't right. Start over.

I'm feeling really stupid here. And frustrated. I hear NO clicks on ANY of the numbers. I've tried clockwise, counter clickwise, upside down, sideways. I just wish I had a blow torch!

They only click I hear is when you move the mouse slightly and it goes from the skeleton hand to the cursor.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 2:34:43 PM PST

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

blood pressure up!

[Post New]by dianaluna on Aug 22, 10 3:24 PM
This safe is too frustrating! I tried listening and I heard clicks but it didn't open. I did it in reverse. Such a shame that the whole game is over because the game-makers didn't put in a "SKIP" button. Guess I'll ask for a game credit.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Aug 22, 10 3:43 PM
Well, I've been reading online to see if anyone has ANY OTHER advice about #$%@^ safe! One tip is to Yes the safe combination is to go to the number stop, let go of it and then you will hear the click. The mouse should be released after each number. The safe combination is counter clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counter clockwise to 7, clockwise to 2. Does that help anyone? Spiritdog, is that what you did? Thanks for your help on this one.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Got it!

[Post New]by dianaluna on Aug 22, 10 3:48 PM
Okay, I got it open. I released the mouse after each number--don't release it all the way, just lift your finger OFF the mouse. And be sure to start with Counterclockwise 4, & clockwise 2 & so on. Phew! Glad to get past this one. Hope all of you fishes can re-try it this way.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 22, 10 4:30 PM
Thanks for trying to help, Diana. Not sure I know what you mean though. How do you not release all the way? Every time I lift my finger, it goes back to zero.

I tell you what though, I was really liking this game but this safe thing is just the pits.

Go to: