bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 21, 10 9:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by annford on Aug 21, 10 11:32 AM
I can't install this new update - the others installed fine. I get the following error.

"The installer could not write files to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive C:

(769-1001)."

What gives? I installed 2 other Big Fish games on this same computer so I know there is nothing wrong with the setup. Why does only this one fail? And why did the previous 2 versions work? What changed in this release that wouls suddenly cause it to fail?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 21, 10 11:59 AM
Hey annford,

It may help to run the Game Manager as administrator and to uninstall and reinstall the game from your Purchase History. For more help with this, take a look at this help article:

769 Error

When installing the game, if given the option to 'Save' the installer, choose that instead of running it. Then after the file has been downloaded (you can save it to your desktop for convenience), right-click and choose the option to 'Run as Administrator' and this will automatically prompt the download.

If the problem persists, please write into Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Aug 21, 10 3:52 PM
annford wrote:I can't install this new update - the others installed fine. I get the following error.

"The installer could not write files to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive C:

(769-1001)."

What gives? I installed 2 other Big Fish games on this same computer so I know there is nothing wrong with the setup. Why does only this one fail? And why did the previous 2 versions work? What changed in this release that wouls suddenly cause it to fail?

I had exactly the same problem annford, even though I've downloaded and played dozens of games over the years with no problem.
I changed the location to which the game is downloaded and it installed immediately.
(In Game Manager, click options, under Games & Download tab where it says Game Directory Location click browse and choose another location for game. Sorry if you already knew how to do this.)

mews

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Aug 21, 10 7:19 PM
Downloaded the update and played on until loading the Dragon part and it won't continue the game!!!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 22, 10 10:09 AM
Hi, I had already purchased this game and played it fairly successfufully, regardless of it taking a long time to load etc then having to start again as it wouldn't play past chapter 6. Today I was offered an update, which took quite a long time to load, however, once it had reached a certain point, asked for my consent to carry on (which was granted) it then would not install. I tried many times to get it to complete but the same 'failure' notice kept appearing. Now the game has deleted itself from my list entirely! Please give assistance here as I don't know what to do next. It is very disappointing to have a paid for game removed without my permission.
Hope you can help.
Pat_ric_ia x

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 22, 10 11:38 AM
Hi, Thought I should bring you up to date re. my problems with The Jade Dragon Staff. I restarted my laptop (did the washing up and had a coffee) and when I got back to my machine (as if by magic!) when I went into my games again there was the Shaolin Mystery all ready for installing! I went ahead and WOW! what a difference. I have played a little of the game again and it runs so smoothly. A big thank you Big Fish. Don't know what happened earlier but all is O.K. now.
Big Kisses from a very happy fish! Lots of love, Pat_ric_ia x

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 22, 10 12:32 PM
Yeah! I installed the second update and it finally works!

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Aug 23, 10 6:36 AM
New fix did not work for me. Immediately got an "access violation" notice. At least it crashed in a different way than before!

[Post New]by CLIVEJROBINSON on Aug 24, 10 3:24 AM
got to level 5 of shaolin mystery but can't go any further
game will not play error message 0x0049d5ad
can you help please ?

[Post New]by spunkysaunt on Aug 24, 10 6:43 PM
I am in chapter 7 and have just built the vine ladder and pulled the smelly fruit. However, that task is still in the task box and no other areas are opening up. Please advise

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 25, 10 4:31 AM
Hi everyone

I am getting a message at the beginning of this game saying that my version of flash player is too low. Now; I have the highest available from Adobe. I have never had this problem with any game before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kindly,
Gina

[Post New]by dragonfodda on Aug 25, 10 4:24 PM
I too had the issue of not being able to start the game due to Flashplayer being out of date, even though I had the latest one. I have finally managed to resolve this by uninstalling it and reinstalling it using Internet Explorer, ( i usually use Firefox).
Managed to play the whole game through, It is definitely worth getting it sorted out! awesome game!

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 26, 10 4:07 AM
Oh ok. I usually use Google.

Thank you! I will give your way that a try.

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Aug 26, 10 9:03 AM
I just bought this game yesterday so have the newest rebuild. Everything had been going smoothly until today. I played a while and then closed the game, using the menu and exit buttons. when I tried to play again, a message said another game was still running-it should not have been running as it went to the game manager upon exiting it previously. I rebooted the computer and got into the game as usual.

I am in chapter 6, making the elixir for the statue. I cannot proceed; I am following the scroll, step by step but after I pour the first 2 ingredients into the pot, I cannot pick up the next item. I have restarted the sequence, reset, restarted the pc, restarted the game and still cannot finish the formula. So, I am stuck and cannot go on in the game.

Since this is the latest build, what am I to do now? just leave it until ANOTHER rebuild is available? how long do I wait before asking for a credit?

Disappointed as the game is very nice. I just told my granddaughter about this great new HOG but I think we will have to not play it until this is fixed. I bought it after reading some comments but didn't notice so many technical issues.

barb

Update on this issue. the directions in the formula scroll are incomplete. stirring the pot is listed as step 7 but you must stir the pot after you add ingredients before you can proceed. one problem down

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 9:21:16 AM PST

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Aug 26, 10 9:22 AM
Quite upset with this game. Played the demo and bought the game despite it being the slowest loading game I've experienced so far. But the problem is that well in chapter 4 it suddenly froze when I clicked play. Nothing could be done and I had to manually shut off the computer. Tried several more times then deleted and reinstalled the game today. Same thing. While not a poster I have purchased and played around 40 HOG and never had this happen before. Soooo....6.99 down the drain and the frustration of having to walk away from a game after playing it for some time.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 9:23:56 AM PST

[Post New]by angrydonna on Aug 27, 10 11:44 AM
I'm in the room that says I can get out to the city.
I don't know how to get out. Can some one please
help me.Thanks

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Sep 3, 10 10:48 AM
Well i just downloaded the game, and it froze up in the mice trap getting the cheese, had to shut the computer off, I will try it again, but not sure if I should use my Labor Day discount on it, if it freezes up somewhere else. Off I go------

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Sep 3, 10 10:56 AM
Nope, the little mice runs off the board, and it freezes up with an access error. oh well, I really liked the game, but can buy one I cant play.

Oh, yay a lobster, glad to get rind if the squid!!!!!!!

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 10:57:21 AM PST

[Post New]by aurelia49 on Sep 4, 10 11:28 AM
I read through the previous thread and tried some of the suggestions. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Manually ran the Game Manager updates -- indicated there were none available. Still receiving an "access violation error, terminating program" message. Need to use Alt-Ctrl-Del to open Task Manager to end game. Stuck on Chapter 5 (Undersea Kingdom), and can proceed no further. At this point, I don't even care about getting the game to work -- just give us poor fishies a credit for the obviously problematic game.

Where is that "The Best Customer Service" guarantee when you need it?????

Go to: