beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Purchased and now it redownloads?

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 21, 10 2:22 PM
I downloaded and demoed it and when I bought it, it redownloaded it? Some of us have CAPS on their internet. If it was going to do that, we should be warned ahead of time! I wouldn't have bought it.

Almost a gig of my 5 gig cap, just for this game!

A couple other ones have done this too. If that doesn't stop I will shop somewhere else. Overages for me are $45 a gig extra. And that starts at 1 (one) byte over the limit.

flipking
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Purchased and now it redownloads?

[Post New]by flipking on Aug 21, 10 6:08 PM
I've noticed this too when a demo only goes to a certain point and stops regardless of how much time is left of your trial. the trial download is only a small portion of the entire game so you have to download the whole thing when you purchase it

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Aug 22, 10 2:43 AM
Do you mean to say you have some kind of limit for downloads, after which you get charged (obscenely, I might add)? I've never heard of such a thing - are you in the US? Can't imagine what that would cost me as I own lots of the large file games!

Anyway, I believe that you get a 'large file warning' prior to download. It lists the amount of estimated time depending on your internet speed, and gives you the chance to cancel. I think it also tells you the size of the file.

I would assume if you cancelled the DL for those reasons, BFG would give you a credit. I have always found them to be more than reasonable whenever I have any problems.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 22, 10 11:50 AM
Not everyone has DSL or cable. I have wireless because that's all there is here.

There is no large file warning on this game. It's not a large file game.

The issue is that it doesn't say I have to redownload. If you have to redownload, it should state that right by the Try and Buy buttons. I then wouldn't even bother to try it.

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by steve_t on Aug 22, 10 10:17 PM
beckx020 wrote:Not everyone has DSL or cable. I have wireless because that's all there is here.

There is no large file warning on this game. It's not a large file game.

The issue is that it doesn't say I have to redownload. If you have to redownload, it should state that right by the Try and Buy buttons. I then wouldn't even bother to try it.

The download page for this game states:
TRY IT (165.15 M
BUY IT (313.04 M

I've been caught a couple of times before, too, so it pays to look carefully.

Go to: