bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 22, 10 12:05 AM
When a chemical spill wrecks havoc next to a nature preserve, all sorts of creatures come crawling out of the forest's ¦including behemoths better left in the shadows. Scattered sightings are reported, but when Linda encounters something in her own backyard, it all becomes a little too real! Uncover the truth as Linda goes in search of a legend and winds up fighting for her very survival in this seek-and-find mystery. Does Bigfoot exist? Depends on who you ask but something is lumbering into the light, and it's not happy!

What do you think of Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows?

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 8:55:56 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 22, 10 12:27 AM
Whatever Bigfoot is I'm going to meet him as I'm downloading the game. See you later for comment.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Aug 22, 10 12:37 AM
downloading very very very slowly

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 22, 10 12:40 AM
Been following the development of this game on the dev's site. Looked fantastic, so what a pleasant surprise to see it released at BFGs as TGT!
Can't wait to play this one; the graphics looked superb!
Just edited to say after all the waiting for this game, I was very disappointed in it! There was too much guidance throughout the levels, no need for any real thinking. Just wish all games had an easy and advanced mode.
No need to feed the animals etc, that was just there if you wanted to do that.
It was an ok game, but feel it could have been a whole lot better if it hadn't told you what to do with the inventory items, and had not had all those sparkling areas!
Too much chit chat I thought too.
Def worth the money though.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 11:01:17 AM PST

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 22, 10 12:45 AM
game downloaded fine---but will not load......just that incessant loading scroll and nothing happens....argh

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 22, 10 12:47 AM
Looks great!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Aug 22, 10 12:47 AM
twice now, it got up into the 90% and then error download mesage !!!
Will try once more then leave it till later.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 22, 10 12:54 AM
knickknackblue wrote:game downloaded fine---but will not load......just that incessant loading scroll and nothing happens....argh

Knickknack, it takes a long time to load (wasting precious demo time) but it will finally get there. Problem is, even after it did finally let me start, when I opted to ditch the custom cursor, it wasted more time, then, when the notebook thingy opened, there was more loading going on. After which, when I finally started to play, the game froze up on me and I had to manually shut down my computer and reboot.!!

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 22, 10 12:57 AM
Finally got it to load. Too bad. The graphics are cheesy and so is the dialogue. It is one of those games that all but plays itself for you. Had enough after 10 minutes. Not for me....even at $2.99.

jinocchio----it's not worth it!!!!

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 12:57:52 AM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 22, 10 1:04 AM
From what little I got to play this appears to be a time management/HOG..
gave up on it as did not get to play much as was too busy feeding..playing and attending to stupid guinea pig....every few seconds it would **** in for attention.

This is definately a no buy for me.

Like the concept of the game just have to leave the HOG part too often for the other part.
Voice overs were very annoying..music was a bit off putting after while.
Kill the guinea pig lol

yaaa i be a squid

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 1:06:40 AM PST

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Aug 22, 10 1:07 AM
I wasn't expecting to have to rescue animals or try to keep them happy and well in between everything else. I don't care for games that require taking care of things like that especially when I was expecting a hidden object type game. Removed it once it started asking me to feed the animal I'd "rescued."

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 22, 10 1:12 AM
AeronAoife wrote:I wasn't expecting to have to rescue animals or try to keep them happy and well in between everything else. I don't care for games that require taking care of things like that especially when I was expecting a hidden object type game. Removed it once it started asking me to feed the animal I'd "rescued."

I got bored before that part......whew.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Aug 22, 10 1:42 AM
when I realised it was part tm as well as hog I knew it was not for me. took nearly 5 mins to get out of the game and now my game manager is frozen. Cannot reboot yet as I have other stuff running.
cannot wait to uninstall it. pity as it sounded a good game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 22, 10 1:43 AM
Played quarter of an hour and got fed up. Fed the guinea pig and left it to think about what he would ask me next. Gathered my equipment and left for my sittingroom, hunting for a new great game. Sorry Bigfoot, it's not you I'll (pur)chase.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Aug 22, 10 2:22 AM
Thank's all, you saved me the time of downloading the game, I will pass on this one.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Aug 22, 10 2:33 AM
Well, I tried and I bought. I am at stand still on the lock on the brief case in the plant lab. I a paper with 3 chemicals on them but just what way are they put in the code to open the brief case?
They game has been totally different from others but it is enjoyable to play.
If some one finds the code for the brief case I sure would like to know.
Thanks and happy gaming.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 2:36:46 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 22, 10 2:54 AM
Sorry it is a 'no buy' from me too. It could be because of my older computer but I found the game just did not feel like it was running smoothly.

I was trying to find the white pot searched the scene with no sign of it, went into the shed, no sign of it so clicked the question mark and it took me to the roll of white tape , then I found that I could leave that scene and enter another and lo and behold there was the white pot so why did the tutorial take me to the tape? Then you had to look for a hanging basket oh you mean this droopy sack ... silly me for not knowing that it was a hanging basket .

I also did not like the furry hand grabbing the cursor because I was clicking too much ... the reason I was clicking to much was because I was trying to free the other animals too ...silly me and now that I have found that you have to feed and play with it ... its a definite no thanks.

When I tried to exit there was another couple of minutes (probably less but it felt like forever :whistle of trying to persuade me to keep playing. I really hate that, if I want to exit I want to exit now especially after I have already confirmed that I want to leave grrrr.

I'm sure someone somewhere will enjoy it but that person is not me.

C

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 22, 10 3:12 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:The guinea pig puzzle didn't strike me as a time management game. At least I just did what was required and returned to the game - there was no sense of urgency there, or with the turtle, either. And you could skip it (I think I saw that with the turtle but didn't skip it).
Same opinion here - no TM. IMO, it's just a hint refill system, so far at least, came to the turtle. I also remember a "skip puzzle" the first time the animal puzzles appear. I didn't, and afterwards I went back into the cell phone screen from time to time, gave them what they wanted, they got their 5 hearts and as a result my hint refilled immediately (that's also mentioned somewhere, AFAIK).

Lots of loading, yes, but for the 'extro movie' on EXIT there's also a Skip in the upper right corner!
An OK-game IMO, trying at least to make searches interesting.

ETA: ah, and for once, the Widescreen option in Options does its thing!

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 3:16:35 AM PST

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Aug 22, 10 3:27 AM
Okay, I purchased this and am in the lab and am supposed to enter the code for the briefcase. I have the code, have entered every which way I can think of and it wont open. Can anyone help here? I have the numbers and have tried entering them in a different order each time, but no luck. Stuck!

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Aug 22, 10 4:05 AM
I love it, very interesting with lots of different things to do, much better than a straight forward HOG, which can become very boring.

Go to: