annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Chapter 5 - portable fan coin missing

[Post New]by annaroma on Aug 22, 10 4:46 AM
Did I miss something? After putting the gear, throttle, power capsule & the square piece into the machine it was to give me the portable fan coin. Do I need to do something else?

Re:Chapter 5 - portable fan coin missing

[Post New]by cmcd00 on Aug 23, 10 8:43 PM
Same thing has happened to me.

[Post New]by QintheNW on Aug 26, 10 9:02 PM
I've also had this problem. Tried playing the game under a different player name, but same thing - no portable fan coin. Can't finish the game!!!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 27, 10 9:37 AM
annaroma wrote:Did I miss something? After putting the gear, throttle, power capsule & the square piece into the machine it was to give me the portable fan coin. Do I need to do something else?

Hi there

You have to follow the diagram (that's on the wall before entering the elevator) and as I just finished the game last night and am thinking off the top of my head, the order is:

gear
joystick (what you're calling the throttle)
chip (the square thing) and THEN
the energy cell

If things are NOT put into the machine in that order, then nothing will happen -- remember that from experience.

MEnr56

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 9:37:54 AM PST

[Post New]by RCHEAT on Sep 16, 10 9:36 AM
I haven't gotten there yet. still trying to get game to allow me to use the screwdriver to open the glass for the owl statue. any clues as to why this is not working? thanks. i am frustrated.

[Post New]by RCHEAT on Sep 16, 10 9:59 AM
RCHEAT wrote:I haven't gotten there yet. still trying to get game to allow me to use the screwdriver to open the glass for the owl statue. any clues as to why this is not working? thanks. i am frustrated.

[Post New]by llunsford on Nov 9, 10 11:00 AM
MEnr56 wrote:
annaroma wrote:Did I miss something? After putting the gear, throttle, power capsule & the square piece into the machine it was to give me the portable fan coin. Do I need to do something else?

Hi there

You have to follow the diagram (that's on the wall before entering the elevator) and as I just finished the game last night and am thinking off the top of my head, the order is:

gear
the energy cell

If things are NOT put into the machine in that order, then nothing will happen -- remember that from experience.

MEnr56

[Post New]by llunsford on Nov 9, 10 11:23 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

Hi there

gear
the energy cell

MEnr56

[Post New]by llunsford on Nov 9, 10 11:24 AM
I have played the game twice. Stuck in the same place. I followed the chart in order and still didn't get the blue print or the fan

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 9, 10 12:16 PM
Hi llunsford!

I've found the following steps in the Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower walkthrough:

*SPOILER ALERT*

* Place the GEAR, JOYSTICK, CHIP, and ENERGY CELL into the machine, as in this screenshot.

* Play the Arabian Palace, 1100 AD scene after completing the control panel.

* Place the LARGE KETTLE HANDLE on the TALL BRONZE KETTLE.

* Place the BLADE SHARPENER on the DULL CEREMONIAL SCIMITAR.

* Place the CAT’S HAIRBRUSH on the UNKEMPT PERSIAN CAT.

* Place the FLAVORED TOBACCO in the HOOKAH PIPE in the lower right.

* Place the PILLOW TASSEL on the DEFICIENT PILLOW at the foot of the bed.

* Put the BIRDCAGE KEY on the LOCKED BIRDCAGE on the right.

* Place the CHAIN BREAKER on the CHAINED PARROT.

* Place the CAULDRON PIECE on the BROKEN CERAMIC CAULDRON in the lower left.

* You will receive the PORTABLE FAN CLOCK PIECE.

* Open the Ageless Clock!

* Place the BICYCLE, CAN OPENER, and MECHANICAL TOY PIECES in the left slot (A).

* Place the LAPTOP, MEMORY CARD, and DIGITAL CLOCK PIECES in the right slot ( .

* Place the FLASHLIGHT, PORTABLE FAN, and WALL CLOCK PIECES into the bottom slot (C).

* Pick up the BLUEPRINT PIECE after you’ve solved the puzzle (D).

I'd definitely recommend checking out the rest of the walkthrough if you run into any further trouble. It provides step-by-step guidance and some really helpful pictures as well!

It can be found on the top of the Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Forum page, or by clicking here.

To navigate through it quickly, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and then type in “fan,” or another relevant word.

Hope this helps and have fun!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by llunsford on Nov 11, 10 11:24 AM
put everything in exactly as it says and got a flashlight not a portable fan. stuck for the 3rd time in this game.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Dec 1, 11 7:55 AM
Well crap!!! I have 2 digital clocks + the wall clock. I have NO flashlight. I'm soooo close to the end...really?? Am I going to have to start over???? I see most of these posts are from 2010...shouldn't the kinks be all fixed by now? So DO I have to start over?

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Jul 20, 12 8:25 PM

Look on the wall by the elevator...instructions are written there....also, check the WT.

Go to: