pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

Question about 'fix' for Family Flux: The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by pdebusk on Aug 22, 10 7:10 PM
I realize that there are numerous threads dedicated to the technical problems plaguing this game.I recall reading a few days that a fix is in the works. My question is this; Why is it taking so very long for such a popular game to be made playable, when there have been plenty of other games that, after a few complaints, have had a new build in a matter of a few days. What is the difference? Is Flux Family simply too hard to repair? If that's the case, shouldn't BFG customers be notified as such so that they may have a choice to wait until a possible fix is availavbe or to choose a new game coupon? This game played beautifully when I installed the demo, but when I purchased it and downloaded the full version, there were glitches at every turn.

I've done all the usual things such as make sure my DirectX is up to date, all my drivers are up to date.....the usual things that we are given to check. To me, this seems like a problem with the game rather than an individual computer.

Thanks

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 7:41:53 PM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Question about 'fix' for Family Flux: The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 25, 10 6:29 AM
[b]
pdebusk wrote:I realize that there are numerous threads dedicated to the technical problems plaguing this game.I recall reading a few days that a fix is in the works. My question is this; Why is it taking so very long for such a popular game to be made playable, when there have been plenty of other games that, after a few complaints, have had a new build in a matter of a few days. What is the difference? Is Flux Family simply too hard to repair? If that's the case, shouldn't BFG customers be notified as such so that they may have a choice to wait until a possible fix is availavbe or to choose a new game coupon? This game played beautifully when I installed the demo, but when I purchased it and downloaded the full version, there were glitches at every turn.

I've done all the usual things such as make sure my DirectX is up to date, all my drivers are up to date.....the usual things that we are given to check. To me, this seems like a problem with the game rather than an individual computer.

Thanks

Oh how I do so agree with you pdebusk,
I've posted several times asking what's going on with the promised repairs to this game. I've been in touch with Tech. Support twice & both times I've had "update DirectX...you've got a Driver problem" (I did have a minor update to do there)...oh, & I was advised to change the resolution!
So why did the game, as with you, play perfectly during the demo. but get progresivly worse after our purchase?

I finaly threw in the towel & asked for a replacement coupon, which I was given.
It seems to me that somebody should step up to the plate & take responsibility for this mess & offer a refund without reservation to all the Gamers who have these inumerable glitches.

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 6:31:37 AM PST

Re:Question about 'fix' for Family Flux: The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by shakyshakyme on Jul 2, 14 12:27 PM
...and here we are in 2014 with no "fix" in sight. Really, really, really disappointed in BFG for not being more "in touch" with their customers.

Go to: