Installation (Vista related?)

[Post New]by Elston on Aug 23, 10 10:43 AM
I had trouble starting the game. Got the error, "Unable to open CAL or CIF TREE file: C:\Program Files\Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island\ciftree\CIFTREE.DAT. Check the path in your ini file."

The file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island\Ciftree\CIFTREE.DAT Notice the space between "Program Files" and "(x386)". Also, Notice that the "C" in the folder "Ciftree" is capitalized.

So, go to the "Games" file in C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\Danger on Deception Island . It's just a text file; so, it can be opened in Notepad. Change the instances of "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)", and change "ciftree" to "Ciftree" for the CIFTREE.DAT file. Close/Save the file.

The game should run then--or, atleast, it worked for me. :-)

Re:Installation (Vista related?)

[Post New]by Lidon899 on Oct 13, 10 10:21 AM
Easier fix is to change 'Game Directory Location' under options. Change to C:\Program Files. (from C:\Program Files(x86)).

Lia4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Lia4 on Feb 27, 13 12:37 PM
Hi. I also have this problem with the ciftree.dat file. I've taken your advice and tried to change the script with Notepad, but it won't let me save the changes I've made. any suggestions?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 27, 13 1:17 PM
Hi Lia4 and welcome to the Pond!

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to help you with this process. They have the tools to see how the game files are running with your computer and work with you directly to get everything installed.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: