bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Caelum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 24, 10 12:05 AM
Humanity has used up all of the world's energy and is in grave trouble. Luckily for them, space is filled with energy orbs ready to be harnessed and used to save the planet. They send out ROB - a Robotic Orb Blaster - to start collecting the orbs. His journey is a blast, full of exciting adventures, new friends, and endless space! Collect the valuable orbs in Caelum, a fun and exciting Arcade game!

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Caelum

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Aug 24, 10 4:34 AM
Sorry if I'm wrong, but isn't this game simply a Peggle clone? Sure looks like it...

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Aug 24, 10 11:37 AM
Yep, except it takes every opportunity to preach about careless humans and our waste of energy. (We are, by the way, "wasting" energy to play the developer's game.)

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 11:39:05 AM PST

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Aug 25, 10 5:08 PM
Hi all, I bought this game, and have been playing many levels. I didn't particularly enjoy the energy-wasting diary entries either, but there were only a few mentions of energy and/or humans wasting energy in the very beginning of the game - and to be fair, those entries seemed primarily to set up why Robots are flying around gathering all of these orbs in the first place and in the context of what life looks like to a Robot. Mostly Rob muses about his own Robot life, and what it's like being out in space. I think the little bits of the diary make a great endpoint to winning the level. The game is relaxing as well as challenging. And NO timers.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Nov 13, 10 4:04 AM
I tried this game, and although I liked it, it was very similar to Peggle - except not as good. So I didn't bother buying. Still enjoyed the free trial, though.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 13, 10 4:15 AM
I like this game much better than Peggle. It is great that there is such a variety of games and everyone can find something that they like. I like that the shots are erratic and bounce all over that place. It’s like playing pinball in outer space with a twist in gravity. I absolutely love the Robot humor. I laughed out loud as I read the Robot’s log. The entries about the debates with the fly are hilarious.

I enjoyed the music and sound too. The music is light and soothing and the sounds as the balls collide and explode are interesting. I find this game an excellent choice when I want to take a break from puzzles and mazes and fragmented objects.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 4:16:35 AM PST

Go to: