bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Bee Garden

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 24, 10 12:05 AM
Grow flowers, make honey and help the little bees find their lost queen! Sounds easy, but the peaceful gardening may quickly turn into a honey making nightmare if you can't fight off the pests and weeds: don’t let your flowers dry out! Buy new flower containers, upgrade your hives, train your bees, make it rain or use pesticide when necessary, but don’t stop filling those honey jars! Can you bring life to Bee Garden and make the queen return in this story-driven time management game?

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Bee Garden

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 24, 10 12:10 AM
I like a nice TM-game every now and then. I'll give it a spin.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 24, 10 12:12 AM
Me too!

Another day with no HOG.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Aug 24, 10 12:22 AM
Woohoo! Lemme know you you think, I need to go to sleep

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 24, 10 12:32 AM
I do not usually play TM games yet this one looked interesting

I liked the graphics and it not one of those instance rush ones so u can enjoy the storyline.

have put it into my "another day" file as i over spent this month

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 24, 10 12:55 AM

What a slow running game............
One level takes 10 (ten) minutes to pass. The bees fly slower than a snail crawls.
85% of the time l sat waiting............

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 24, 10 12:57 AM
Fransje66 wrote:Me too!

Another day with no HOG.

Boohoo... another day with no HOG means to me another day no game to play. Boohoo. LOL

I don't like TM games, because I don't like to have to play against time, but some I do like, like those gardening games. So I will give this one a go.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Aug 24, 10 1:01 AM
by Fransje66 on Aug 24, 10 12:12 AM
Me too!

Another day with no HOG.
You know, the beauty is that there are other game sites where TM's and M3's are the rule and HOGs are the exception, if you're that unhappy with the amount of HOGs on BF.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Aug 24, 10 1:40 AM
60schild wrote:Re:Bee Garden
Me too!

Another day with no HOG.
You know, the beauty is that there are other game sites where TM's and M3's are the rule and HOGs are the exception, if you're that unhappy with the amount of HOGs on BF.

well, i dont know what that had to do with the game but i want to know where TMs rule, because i absolutely them!!! this game is "ok" not the best but the goals r attainable, the movable screen is kind of annoying, the bees do move slow but im sure there will be an upgrade to make them go faster. i dont know if this one is a buy yet, i gotta see how hard it gets, it may go into my 7 yr old's folder...she is a huge TM fan too and plays some hard games all the way thru...what a trooper!

as for another day with no HOG... when i log onto
BFG and see a TM waiting to be tried, i get really happy so i can relate to the statement too

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 24, 10 1:45 AM
Well, my demo ran out and I will try to give y'all a general picture of the game.
First of all, it's slow. Or rather, the bees are. Second, the screen moves with the moves of the (custom) cursor (can be turned off), as if you are a bee too. I found that nauseating and it gave me a splitting headache. Don't do that, devs! Graphics are nicely done, music didn't bother me. The queen-bee had a little crown (of course), a nice pink dress
and....was wearing high heels. I found that very funny.

Now, for gameplay. The tasks are simple enough: plant seeds, water plants, collect nectar for the honey. Basic point and click. The bees carry out your orders, but like I said, they move sooooooooo slow. Every now and again an order for a specific kind of honey will come and you have to fill that order. If you don't you will not receive the money and making the goal is harder. As the game progresses you will have different kinds of flowers to plant, ergo different kinds of orders. That was challenging and kinda fun to do. Before the start of a new level you can buy extras, like flowerpots and more beehives. To make things even more challenging they threw in a couple of pests, like thieving bumblebees, catterpillars and of course, weeds. Deal with those by repeated clicking (or just one click for the weeds), otherwise they will either steal your nectar or your seeds. If you don't deal with the weeds on time they will poof a purple cloud out which makes your bees even slower.

You can get power-ups by collecting four parts of a raincloud (three drops and one cloud) for instant watering of all your flowers. Came in handy a couple of times. I got to the level where you can get a power-up by collecting four parts of a peepod for extra seeds. I'm sure there will be more power-ups, but I'm not going to find out, because this is a no buy for me, due to the moving screen.
All in all a very nice game, if you're into these. Happy gaming!

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 1:54:25 AM PST

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 24, 10 1:52 AM
haileesmother wrote:i dont know if this one is a buy yet, i gotta see how hard it gets, it may go into my 7 yr old's folder...she is a huge TM fan too and plays some hard games all the way thru...what a trooper!

It's great seeing your kid do difficult stuff on the computer, isn't it? My 5 year old plays Treasureseekers: Enchanted Cavases. She can't read, doesn't speak English and made it through the whole game nevertheless. I was so proud.

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Aug 24, 10 5:55 AM
I wanted this game to be great because I love bees. I'm getting my first hive this spring so I thought it would be fun to play this game. I am dismayed at the semi-positive/negative reviews.

I always purchase games based on the feedback in the forums, I never do the hour trial. I might download the trial anyway and give it a shot just because the screenshots were pretty.

Thanks for the feedback even though it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on Aug 24, 10 12:57 PM
Fransje66 wrote:
What a slow running game............
One level takes 10 (ten) minutes to pass. The bees fly slower than a snail crawls.
85% of the time l sat waiting............

From Day 7 you can buy a Relax Center Hive, which can make your bees relaxed and really fast.

And there's also a Ligtning power-up, which speeds up all of your bees for a while.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Aug 24, 10 1:57 PM
by haileesmother on Aug 24, 10 1:40 AM

60schild wrote:
Me too!

Another day with no HOG.

well, i dont know what that had to do with the game but i want to know where TMs rule, because i absolutely them!!! this game is "ok" not the best but the goals r attainable, the movable screen is kind of annoying, the bees do move slow but im sure there will be an upgrade to make them go faster. i dont know if this one is a buy yet, i gotta see how hard it gets, it may go into my 7 yr old's folder...she is a huge TM fan too and plays some hard games all the way thru...what a trooper!

as for another day with no HOG... when i log onto
BFG and see a TM waiting to be tried, i get really happy so i can relate to the statement too.
It had about the same to do with this particular game as the statement "another day with no HOG" did.

Google TM's - I'm sure you'll find the particular websites that cater to that genre more than HOGs.

HOG's/adventure games are why I come to BF and spend all my money with them. I don't like TM's and M3's, but I don't disparage the people who do or bash these genres on posts.

Go to: