bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Bee Garden

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 24, 10 12:33 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Bee Garden? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bee Garden

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 24, 10 2:03 AM

Between the floating cursor and the floating screen... well, you know...

This one ramped up a bit too fast for me.

I need to step up slower on these types of games that get you multitasking in so many different things.

Angel

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 24, 10 2:52 AM
Entirely agree with Angel, played about 2 minutes and felt so seasick that I uninstalled the game straight away.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 24, 10 3:09 AM
I have posted this in another thread, because this thread wasn't there yet:

Well, my demo ran out and I will try to give y'all a general picture of the game.
First of all, it's slow. Or rather, the bees are. Second, the screen moves with the moves of the (custom) cursor (can be turned off), as if you are a bee too. I found that nauseating and it gave me a splitting headache . Don't do that, devs! Graphics are nicely done, music didn't bother me. The queen-bee had a little crown (of course), a nice pink dress
and....was wearing high heels. I found that very funny.

Now, for gameplay. The tasks are simple enough: plant seeds, water plants, collect nectar for the honey. Basic point and click. The bees carry out your orders, but like I said, they move sooooooooo slow. Every now and again an order for a specific kind of honey will come and you have to fill that order. If you don't you will not receive the money and making the goal is harder. As the game progresses you will have different kinds of flowers to plant, ergo different kinds of orders. That was challenging and kinda fun to do. Before the start of a new level you can buy extras, like flowerpots and more beehives. To make things even more challenging they threw in a couple of pests, like thieving bumblebees, catterpillars and of course, weeds. Deal with those by repeated clicking (or just one click for the weeds), otherwise they will either steal your nectar or your seeds. If you don't deal with the weeds on time they will poof a purple cloud out which makes your bees even slower.

You can get power-ups by collecting four parts of a raincloud (three drops and one cloud) for instant watering of all your flowers. Came in handy a couple of times. I got to the level where you can get a power-up by collecting four parts of a peepod for extra seeds. I'm sure there will be more power-ups, but I'm not going to find out, because this is a no buy for me, due to the moving screen.
All in all a very nice game, if you're into these. Happy gaming!

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Aug 24, 10 5:05 AM
This would have been a very cute game that I would have bought...

IF...
\
I wasn't getting motion sickness from the floating screen
and the bees move way too slow. I bought more hives, but that didn't seem to help. they just moved slower than they needed to in order to play correctly.

Too bad.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 24, 10 5:34 AM
Is this a TM game or a study in how to bore people to death while simultaneously making them sick to their stomach?

I have had moe fun actually being seasick......or is that bee-sick!!!!!!!
and 5 BIG from me.

[Post New]by amethyst111 on Aug 24, 10 5:45 AM
Sorry i have to agree with everyone else, it was making me feel a little ill the way the screen moved and although i love time management games, this one did seem a little boring.

The bees, flowers all too slow. I uninstalled it before the trail ended.

So i'm afraid it's a from me.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

No no

[Post New]by Uzea on Aug 24, 10 6:13 AM
not at buy for me, I do love TM games but this is so slow that I will fall a sleep

rendur
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rendur on Aug 24, 10 6:44 AM
This game is such a disapointment and it didn't need to be! It needs to go back to the drawing board. You should be able to give those poor bees something to speed them up like bee pollen or coffee,something, ANYTHING. Also you should be able to buy more worker bees. I clicked and clicked on the flowers that needed watering and those poor bees let the flowers wither and die while the waltzed around doing jobs I clicked on eons ago. I love TM games but I didn't last 15 min.

There are good TM games out there available. This is so unfair.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Aug 24, 10 7:07 AM
Afraid I agree with all the above posts,love TM games and had my fingers crossed this wud be a good one, but alas, very slow and boring - happy the demo finished

pia89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pia89 on Aug 24, 10 7:14 AM
i would love to continue playing the demo but i felt sick after the first levels. is there any possibility to turn all that movement off?
I hope there is gonna be an update some day.
I quiet enjoyed the game concept and would love to play it without the movement

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 24, 10 8:32 AM
This game was so slow and floaty that I had to stop playing it. I won't be buying this one.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Aug 24, 10 8:52 AM
I have not tried this game yet and probably won't after reading the poor reviews.

I did want to comment on the graphics though. I really like the LOOK of this game from viewing the stillshots. Too bad the gameplay isn't quite there. Keep trying, game developers. It looks rather lovely.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Aug 24, 10 9:02 AM
The art work looks like the same developer as BugBits (http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7955/bugbits/index.html) I'll demo this one for sure...

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Aug 24, 10 9:14 AM
Seems like everyone has the same complaints that I have. I don't like how the screen floats and the cursor lags. There really isn't much for the player to do except click the flowers, the bees do all the work and it gets boring. Not for me.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 11:20 AM
Wow, guess I should be the cruise director then lol - no problem with the motion... in fact, I liked it a lot . Gave the game an otherworldly feel. But, sorry for you folks who can't handle that.

I had sort of a hard time beating level 3, but it did make me appreciate the additional bees in level 4. I was playing level 4 when the demo ended, and not doing so well with it... But I was enjoying it.

It goes on my may buy list, and I've got a whole fistful of game coupons to use by the end of September.

I almost forgot to mention - the game wasn't running right thru the first gameplay intro screen until I went back to Options and unclicked the High Resolution box.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 11:21:59 AM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 24, 10 12:19 PM
I agree with all above posters, i.e. cursor/screen movement
Bees are toooooooo Slow!!!!
Boring game play.
I got so frustrated, I quit after 30 minutes (suprised I lasted that long).
Won't be buying this one and was really looking forward to a good TM like MKFTP II. Oh well, guess I'll use my 50% off coupon on something else.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Aug 24, 10 12:22 PM
Boo Hoo !!! I thought this was going to be another Fifth Gate type of game, but sadly it is not. In that game I lost plants all over the place, but it was my fault.
In the Bee Garden, I don't feel that I had any control over what happed, I just had to wait for those darn slow bees, and THEY let my plants die! I couldnt figure out how to change that. So not a buy for me......I want to kill the plants myself !!!

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on Aug 24, 10 12:50 PM
The game is quite slow at the beginning, but it gets much-much faster later and there are power-ups that speed up bees and you can buy more bees, upgrades, etc.

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on Aug 24, 10 1:07 PM
rendur wrote:This game is such a disapointment and it didn't need to be! It needs to go back to the drawing board. You should be able to give those poor bees something to speed them up like bee pollen or coffee,something, ANYTHING.

There are:
- Relax Center Hive (with the Red roof)
- Lightning powerup

Go to: